It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghanistan may be one of the most haunted places on Earth

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
In the Hindu Kush mountains of Afghanistan the locals will say and it seems american GI's will confirm. The place is absolutely haunted. Not just there but through out the Afghan mountains.
Observation point

From stories of the violent Ail. light colored feminines with floating hair haunt the desert mountains at high noon
in the furnace like temps. To strange lights and sounds rangeing to experiences of no sound at all that come in the wee morning hours. Oddly enough it seems most of these places for some reason or another are heavily guarded with threats of prosecution for tresspassing to all violators.

I'm hoping for some stories to turn up here from GI's or anyone on ATS who has been there. I'm compiling all this paranormal info hoping to release a massive thread when I've gathered enough info on the paranormal. In the hopes that I can truely draw a positive I.D. for these phenomena. I know good luck with that. But it should make for fun thread.
Paranormal daily news
edit on 21-3-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

good post. reminds me of this movie:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I've never been to Afghanistan, but I can readily believe its haunted. Of course, the current situation only contributes more potential ghosts daily.

I'm interested in seeing where this goes. S&F

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Before the Marines took over the outpost, the Welsh Guards, who also experienced the phenomena, manned it. “The Brits claimed to see weird things, hear noises,” Corporal Lima said. “Lots of them said it’s creepy at night, especially from midnight till 4am. You see a lot of unexplained lights through night-vision goggles.”

that would be such a interesting footage to watch.

edit on 21-3-2012 by icepack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
I've never been to Afghanistan, but I can readily believe its haunted. Of course, the current situation only contributes more potential ghosts daily.

I'm interested in seeing where this goes. S&F

Did you know some soldiers who are involved in "digging in" report that in some places you can't dig without finding bones ? Human Bones.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I lived in Vietnam for a while and camped out on some sites which had seen some serious 'action' on the Ho Chi Minh trail.

I expected it all to be alive with paranormal activity. I tend to get a fair amount of interference in most places and have often experienced ghosts, etc.

However, the only thing I ever experienced in Vietnam over a six month period was being in a base camp we had set up to act as a hub for forest transects.

I had a hammock in between two trees... I was on camp duty with one other.

I was reading a book in my hammock and there was no wind...no movement.

My hammock started to swing as if someone had stepped up behind me and had begun to put the hammock in motion..I am sure I felt the gently tug on the rope behind my ..

When I looked behind me to see if my camp duty partner had sneaked up and was starting to swing me...noone was there.

They couldnt have got away in time.

Killing, maiming, mutilation, death and violence, didnt seem to correlate with the paranormal in that area.

So, sometimes I do wonder if imagination plays more of a role.

I was amazed I didnt have more experiences - as I have had a lot in Europe - I wondered if perhaps there was a cultural element to hauntings that your heritage allows you to tune into?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
to bad the rock, the observation point, is so dangerous, that no one will ever be able to do a proper investigation in the foreseeable future.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

Hey Ice I looked every where for that trailor. I couldn't remember the name of the flick. So glad you got it up on the front page here.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

yw, this movie is really well made, one of my favorite paranormal films.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I didn't know that.

Sigh.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

What movie is it? I wanna watch!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

What movie is it? I wanna watch!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

The objective definetly worth a watch.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
i was thinking about Afghanistan the other day.

its too far north to be a part of India, too far east to be a part of the middle east, to far west and south to be a part of China and Russia..

it is the uttermost region of the Earth...

but some reason this remote location is the center of attention in the media.

its like that long abandoned house that exists in many places that children tell ghost stories about...just bigger.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux
i was thinking about Afghanistan the other day.

its too far north to be a part of India, too far east to be a part of the middle east, to far west and south to be a part of China and Russia..

it is the uttermost region of the Earth...

but some reason this remote location is the center of attention in the media.

its like that long abandoned house that exists in many places that children tell ghost stories about...just bigger.

Profound and I think very accurarte.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
In the Hindu Kush mountains of Afghanistan the locals will say and it seems american GI's will confirm. The place is absolutely haunted. Not just there but through out the Afghan mountains.
Observation point

From stories of the violent Ail. light colored feminines with floating hair haunt the desert mountains at high noon
in the furnace like temps. To strange lights and sounds rangeing to experiences of no sound at all that come in the wee morning hours. Oddly enough it seems most of these places for some reason or another are heavily guarded with threats of prosecution for tresspassing to all violators.

I'm hoping for some stories to turn up here from GI's or anyone on ATS who has been there. I'm compiling all this paranormal info hoping to release a massive thread when I've gathered enough info on the paranormal. In the hopes that I can truely draw a positive I.D. for these phenomena. I know good luck with that. But it should make for fun thread.
Paranormal daily news

I wouldn't doubt this place is haunted. In my opinion anywhere there is tragedy, there could be potential for hauntings. Look at New Orleans as an example. Before Katrina it was haunted. I'm sure after the haunting only increased.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Just finished the movie.

Going to sleep with ALL my lights on

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
It does help account for why the US and previous Russian campaigns in the region have not gone well.

I have come across previous Aboriginal stories here in Australia where they do hold a great sadness for tourists that die while on travels around the land, as their spirit becomes trapped here in unfamiliar territory. It is part of their culture that once they die they do return to the land.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

The lights won't help you. It's a trick.

I wonder if you understood why the movie was called, " The Objective ". It took me awhile. In the end there was no real objective. Our country stuck all those people out there just to see what would happen to them But it doesn't end there because the land itself objected to them being there.so the land was very objective to them being there. It's all coming back to me now. Buhahahaha !

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

This is a great movie (The Objective) folks. I saw it last year and have watched it at least 4-5 times since then. I am going to watch it again tonight

I don't think there is anything scary in it, not a trace of horror. It is a very intriguing movie that hits on something that is just un-earthly. It is true that 1000s of yrs old Indian Scriptures do mention Vimanas (vimaan=plane) and both kings and devas (indian version of highly evolved beings, not really angels, but above them) using to commute on them. We can brush them off as stories or keep an open mind and accept/ponder that ancient beings were definitely intelligent and may have interacted with extra terrestrials. There are just too many things staring at us in face for us to just turn away or cast them off as imaginations or folklores.
Have a look at this photo of a 1000s of yrs old Egyptian Temple Wall:
goo.gl...

Coming back to the topic, I would not be surprised if a land as ancient as Afganistan is haunted. The article is good and has strong resemblance to the movie Objective. I agree that this place should be investigated by Paranormal researchers but alas us humans are busy fighting each other on the name of religion and land than indulge in nature's mysteries.
edit on 22-3-2012 by himalayanhermit because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join