It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Back When Things Were Nice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

A collection of videos and pictures of a simpler time, before people's moral compass had a pole shift. Ahh the good ole days.
edit on 21-3-2012 by PageAlaCearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
It's always good to look back isn't it?

Gives you a fresh perspective on things.

Was it more innocent back then or were things kept under wraps better becasue you didn't have all the types of media that you do now?

Makes you wonder.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

I wonder myself at times that it might be better to not know as there's not much that can be done when you do know.

Ignorance is bliss?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
pretty sure the world sucked more back then...

women had little rights.

racism was the social norm and hate crimes were daily.

the world was pushing for another world war, more than we are now.

the red scare was everywhere.

people were incredibly ignorant to the rest of the world.

people polluted because they didnt know any better.

thats just a silly propaganda video. america was already dead at that point.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I look at that generation and time as the beginning of the end. Telephones, televisions, more and more govt. started working their way into our lives making control much easier. I like to think about times when people were held accountable for their actions, were self reliant, worked together to better themselves and provide for their families. Most modern day technology has made us lazy and dumb.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by XelNaga

I agree, America was already sold and on the path to economic collapse but I still think people had better ethics and morals back then regardless of what the powers that be were doing behind the scenes.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by XelNaga

Ignorance is bliss...damn this internet and all of its information...

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Although I didn't show up until 1961, this sure took me back. I guess from a child's perspective, it was a pretty good life in the suburbs...Lots of green lawns and trees, plenty of playmates, weekend barbeques and everybody was out of their house on a nice day, visiting with each other. We kids, if we weren't stuck in school or church, were outside every day unless it was raining, from early morning until the street lights came on and we raced home before it got absolutely dark. Maybe we took a break on a hot day to watch some TV (Maybe Gilligan's Island, The Munsters, The Addams Family, Batman, The Three Stooges, or Chiller Theater). Let us not forget the sacred Saturday morning cartoons. I think I went a whole year when I was four thinking I was the Road Runner.

Yes, the world had problems, but there was a feeling of optimism and hope for the future that is sorely lacking today. There was a feeling of community, a feeling of belonging to something greater, and a sense that we were all together in the same boat. If one worked hard and applied themselves, anything was possible. The middle class was thriving, and only one income was needed to support a family and live a good life.

That's all gone now. The older suburbs are now ghettos, and the newer ones are merely "bedroom" communities, where every member of the family is gone from the crack of dawn until late in the evening, so these places are creepy, well-kept ghost towns during the day.

Oh well. Thanks for the memories.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
Although I didn't show up until 1961, this sure took me back. I guess from a child's perspective, it was a pretty good life in the suburbs...Lots of green lawns and trees, plenty of playmates, weekend barbeques and everybody was out of their house on a nice day, visiting with each other. We kids, if we weren't stuck in school or church, were outside every day unless it was raining, from early morning until the street lights came on and we raced home before it got absolutely dark. Maybe we took a break on a hot day to watch some TV (Maybe Gilligan's Island, The Munsters, The Addams Family, Batman, The Three Stooges, or Chiller Theater). Let us not forget the sacred Saturday morning cartoons. I think I went a whole year when I was four thinking I was the Road Runner.

Yes, the world had problems, but there was a feeling of optimism and hope for the future that is sorely lacking today. There was a feeling of community, a feeling of belonging to something greater, and a sense that we were all together in the same boat. If one worked hard and applied themselves, anything was possible. The middle class was thriving, and only one income was needed to support a family and live a good life.

That's all gone now. The older suburbs are now ghettos, and the newer ones are merely "bedroom" communities, where every member of the family is gone from the crack of dawn until late in the evening, so these places are creepy, well-kept ghost towns during the day.

Oh well. Thanks for the memories.

Well said, I couldn't of put it better!

top topics

join