It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone else notice how bright it is at night.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Over about the last 6-7 months I have noticed that the night has been alot lighter than usual and can see clearly . Not actually the moon but the ability to see things around the house, in the backyard ,etc... There has not been a dark night in a long time, at 2 am it looks almost as bright as an overcast day. I live in south Texas and wandering if this is happening here or everywhere. I would post pictures but people would argue about if it was CGI or not, I am just trying to figure this out. Is the moon's reflection brighter than it used to be? Or is the shift in magnetic feild magnifying the starlight?HMMMM any Ideas?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by hanyak69

um, we are closer to the sun? and then in winter we will be farther away?
edit on 21-3-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
South Carolina here.

I live in the country, well away from any cities that add light pollution. I'm a backyard astronomer and astrophotographer.

The night sky, with the exception of when the moon is out, is just as dark as ever here.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Pics or it didn't happen.

By all means post the pics if you have them. Don't worry about the neysayers. They'll argue that the sky is blue for petes sake.

Up here in the mountains in N. Az. it gets pitch black except for the full moon nights. It doesn't hurt that I live in a rural town with no streetlights. There is nothing obstructing the view of the sky at night.

BTW......is it this bright?

edit on 21-3-2012 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
There are a butt-load of visible planets in the night sky right now... very bright. Venus and Mars look like airplanes approaching the runway. There could be your light increase.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I have noticed the light increase too. for me it's only (or mostly) when it is overcast sky at night. I can clearly see outside the window, even with a small lamp on behind me.. reading...

I think it has to be light pollution since it is brighter based on more clouds, where as if it was something from above it would be less bright with more clouds.

what I wonder is if the atmosphere is more reflective than it used to be...

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
in nor-cal ive noticed the sky is an orange rose color at night , Ive seen this before but not so frequently(at least 4 times a week)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
i haven't noticed anything but it could be the changing atmosphere. that's just my theory. i've seen people post about it being brighter at night and also that the sunlight seems much brighter. i'm not sure how photos would prove anything since it would depend on camera settings.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by pasiphae

That is why I have not tried to post a video, I will talk my wife into helping out tonight with posting a video. I can walk in the woods at night and see perfectly it just seems brighter than 2 years ago, No explanation just thought it was interesting. I believe it has to do with the alignment of the planets, and the subsequent light emitted.
edit on 21-3-2012 by hanyak69 because: left the wife out

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Somebody did a thread on this the other day....interesting.

I have not noticed. Probably typical ATS paranoia.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by larphillips

Yes, that would be my guess as well. Venus is even capable casting shadows on earth. www.digitalsky.org.uk...

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
West Virginia here. I was driving out last night as late as 1-2 am and it was dark as can be.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
It is interesting. It is possible that this is the case.

It might depend on where you live. Seasonal variation of light and dark is more extreme the farther you get from the equator.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I've noticed it,during the moon phases it seems to be much brighter than what I remember.
During the full moons it looks like it's just a bit darker than twilight which stumps me because everyone around me thinks it's normal.
I live on an acre and I am able to see the back fence and smaller details in my yard,could I be wrong?yep but I don't think so.

top topics

join