It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Allergy Flip Flopping. Has This Happened to You?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
As far as food is concerned Ive always eaten healthy, love veggies, and anything homemade. Years ago I could eat wheatgerm, apples, ginger, plums, etc,. Then one day I couldn't. I would be ill if I ate any of those things, and I couldn't understand why.

My throat would swell, so I managed to keep away from these things for about 15 yrs. I became allergic in my early 20's. So several weeks ago, I decided to try ginger again (due to watching Ming on television), and everything he uses has ginger, as a matter of fact about a yr ago, someone posted a great recipe here and I asked if anyone knew a substitute for ginger, and I was told no.

Anyway, I bought fresh ginger, and decided to try it, my family watched as this was scary for them, but I figured a little wouldn't hurt. I took a small piece and bit the smallest piece you can think of, and nothing.

Then another, though spicy as heck, I really wanted to know, I bit again, and then boiled a couple of slivers, and drank it.... NOTHING happened! I was so happy, I went back into my car, and drove back into town, and bought apples, plums, and even raw carrots, mind you this was the first time in my daughters life (13) that she had ever seen me eat any of those things, and everything was ok.

Now you cant take me away from ginger, I drink about 8 oz everyday, apples all day long, and I am fully taking advantage of my new found non-allergic life. I tried to look up something that could explain why all of a sudden I no longer have allergies, but to no avail, so I wondered if this has happened to anyone else.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
As far as food is concerned Ive always eaten healthy, love veggies, and anything homemade. Years ago I could eat wheatgerm, apples, ginger, plums, etc,. Then one day I couldn't. I would be ill if I ate any of those things, and I couldn't understand why.

My throat would swell, so I managed to keep away from these things for about 15 yrs. I became allergic in my early 20's. So several weeks ago, I decided to try ginger again (due to watching Ming on television), and everything he uses has ginger, as a matter of fact about a yr ago, someone posted a great recipe here and I asked if anyone knew a substitute for ginger, and I was told no.

Anyway, I bought fresh ginger, and decided to try it, my family watched as this was scary for them, but I figured a little wouldn't hurt. I took a small piece and bit the smallest piece you can think of, and nothing.

Then another, though spicy as heck, I really wanted to know, I bit again, and then boiled a couple of slivers, and drank it.... NOTHING happened! I was so happy, I went back into my car, and drove back into town, and bought apples, plums, and even raw carrots, mind you this was the first time in my daughters life (13) that she had ever seen me eat any of those things, and everything was ok.

Now you cant take me away from ginger, I drink about 8 oz everyday, apples all day long, and I am fully taking advantage of my new found non-allergic life. I tried to look up something that could explain why all of a sudden I no longer have allergies, but to no avail, so I wondered if this has happened to anyone else.

Peace, NRE.

I've heard of allergies coming and going, but it's mostly with pets, pollen, ect. Not with food. Maybe it's GMO food you are allergic too, have you considered that?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
hi op

ive just put a thread on ginger
www.abovetopsecret.com...

read it
dry ginger is better for you
fresh is for fevers
edit on 21-3-2012 by davesmart because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Your body wants to be healthy and to function at a high level. Eliminating chemicals from your diet will really make it happy. Keep up the good work and I hope you feel better and better.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

I have become allergic, over the past 5-10 years, to a whole bunch of stuff I never used to be allergic to, but not the opposite. Even though I have food allergies, though, I can still eat the foods, I usually just get a bunch of extra phlegm in my throat right after I eat certain foods. I don't have any severe reactions to the foods I tested positive for. This past year I was diagnosed with collagenous collitis (an autoimmune disorder which is an irritable bowel disease) and had to stop eating gluten. That fixed me right up and I haven't had any since as the symptoms were very uncomfortable, to say the least. Lucky you, that you can eat the things you were sentisitve to, again!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Growing I was allergic to mold, pollen basically being outdoors. I grew out of that as a teenager. It happened over fall to spring and the same doctor ran the tests. She couldn't believe it.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

I did think about that, even with shellfish its iffy, sometimes I can eat it and sometimes not. I usually know if I can eat it, if I peel it and my hands get swollen. I just never heard of the food thing coming and going. I LOVE that now I can take advantage of the medicinal qualities of certain foods, before I had to just keep away from it.

I eat out about once a year now, and cant stand the taste of take out anymore.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I should have contributed earlier that when I was a kid I drank tons of root beer; several everyday. One day I started getting hives and my throat swelled up, after it happened several times and with the help of an allergist I discovered that it was the root beer, other sodas were okay so it wasn't the high fructose corn syrup. I gave it up for years, and as an adult took an interest in the health of my body and began to exercise it and give it real foods. Eventually I tried it again and I don't react to it any more. I have never had another reaction like it since those times when I was about 14-15. The stronger and more balanced your body becomes the less likely it will be to ignore viable food sources.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

Actually I did read it, right after I posted this. I have both actually, but for heartburn, and just the awesome taste I drink it in tea form mostly, I haven't had to take alka-seltzer since I began drinking it.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jeantherapy

Thanks, I have actually removed most toxins from my diet, and am getting healthier, even if its in my head.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
reply to post by davesmart

Actually I did read it, right after I posted this. I have both actually, but for heartburn, and just the awesome taste I drink it in tea form mostly, I haven't had to take alka-seltzer since I began drinking it.

Peace, NRE.

hya
for heart burn or indigestion i use
borwicks bicarbonate of soda
i have used it for years believe me its a miracle cure shortly after a dodgy kebab lol
also does a lot more
i swear by the stuff
1 tsp to about 2 gobfulls of water
soon sorts it
cheers
edit on 21-3-2012 by davesmart because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join