It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haunting by my dead cat??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Here's a wierd event that happened at our house tonight!

We had a cat.... it was my cat and familiar, who I was close to, and had for about twelve years. He slept with me each night, was always with me. His name was Cesar, but actually we all just called him Black Kitty. He was a very big black cat. He died a year ago, and his death was very hard on me. It has only been in the last few months I am able to think about him without crying.

He had a distinctive meow... very low and sorrowful. Though we had two other cats, it was very easy to distinguish his meow.

Tonight, in the middle of our living room, we suddenly heard him meow, loudly, and twice! My son and I were in the room and both froze. We said at the same time, "Black Kitty" because it was so obviously his meow! I jumped up and looked around the room. We started to look for an explanation... it had to be one of our other cats, just meowing in a wierd way for the first time? But we looked everywhere and could not find either of them in the house. We have a stone house with walls three feet thick (and were on the second floor) so it could not have been coming from outside. We heard it clearly in the middle of the room anyway.

I never thought of the possibility of being haunted by the spirit of my cat, at least not in such a way that we could hear so loudly and clearly.... but I admit it does raise the idea in mind! I don't know how else to explain it.

I guess I just wanted to share... and am kinda curious as to whether anyone else has had a similar experience with a pet that passed away?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Yeah - my cat of 20 years passed awhile back. Like you he slept with me every night and I couldn't think of him without crying for a decent bit.

I had experiences much like you describe. His spirit (for lack of a better way to put it) hung around for months. I'd feel him jump in bed and lay on my feet. I'd hear his claws click as he walked across the floor..and then fade..

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
cats are very good at hiding in strange places when i was at uni we lost our house cat for days heard him moaning but could not find him turned up in my friends sock draw!!

could be a visitation though............see if it happens again. i hope it does would be nice for you and your son to know hes just not dead and gone

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Our cats haunt us all the time and they aren't even dead yet.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

To me, this sort of contact - a brief, simple, unexpected, clear contact from an animal to whom you were very close for a very long time - seems much more likely to be true than every supposed appearance and EVP on every ghost show currently going. The investigators on those shows tramp around places they've never been to before, report all kinds of encounters, and get well paid for them. If any one of them is even half-true, then I'd certainly be willing to accept that your experience was real.

I guess the only question is, would anyone visiting, who didn't know your cat, have heard it too?

Thanks for your posting.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I had to have my 16 year old Chihuahua put down a few years ago due to chronic kidney failure.
Every once in a while after that, I would hear him walking around in the kitchen, or I would catch a glimpse of him peeking around the door jamb like he did when he was looking for me.

He even visited me in my dreams.
One of the last dreams I saw him in, he inferred to me that he wanted me to remove the solar light from his grave so he could finally get some rest. (He looked so tired)

After I did, he came back, thanked me the way he always did and moved on....

R.I.P. Choco Diablo

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

My cat though it was more a case of - I was her human - lived to be 21
She was the boss - no question about that.
She knew my moods second guessed me was cute as heck
Beautiful thick coat - A Maine Coon little monkey
After she trotted off - I heard her several times around my house
She came to me in dreams
Letting me know all was well and she was keeping her eye on me and was still the boss.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I had a small terrier back in the day and we were very close. She was my best friend and my baby. I had her for many years and she always took care of me whenever there was danger close by. Especially when I was pregnant. A neighbor that didnt like her, actually took her leash off and we later found out that animal control picked her up and took her away. I want to believe she was adopted at the pound but that may not have ended up being the case.

Anway, a year ago, me and my boyfriend were driving on the freeway and as I was looking up at the sky, I noticed a cloud formation that really resembled her. I found it very odd and I told my boyfriend to get off the freeway cause I had to pee. Well we ended up getting off and then when we got on again later, we found out there had been a fatality crash involving motorcycles that had been in front of us just as we were driving. To this day, I firmly believe that her spirit (if she is dead) is looking after me. Im sure your cat just wanted to let you know that he is still with you to this day.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
My old black cat died in 2006, & still occasionally comes to sleep on the foot of my bed, like he used to.

He had an itchy place caused by an allergy, & he would sit up, scratch his itch, stretch, then walk over & jump off the bed. When he comes by, I'll feel the bed shaking while he scratches, then feel it move as he jumps off.

He isn't haunting you, he was just visiting.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

I think you're so lucky! I'd love my old cat to pay me a visit. He was a small black cat - 1/2 Burmese and 1/2 British Shorthair. We finally had to have him put down when he was 18.

When he was about 6 months old he had something stuck in his throat... At first I assumed it was a hairball, but he couldn't clear it... He was clearly in distress and couldn't breath. When his eyes rolled back I knew he was in trouble and ended up picking him up by his hind legs and dropping him whilst keeping hold of his legs to try and dislodge whatever it was. (Heimlich hadn't worked). I knew I was taking a risk, but I had to do something. I was successful and he swallowed whatever it was.

He was quite distressed by the episode and wanted reassuring for the rest of the day. After that he was very much 'my cat' (or I was his human) and we were very close, he followed me everywhere and he could always read my emotions. If anything was troubling me, he knew and he'd always come for a cuddle.

I've dreamed of him a a few times and these dreams are always more vivid than most of my dreams and I seem to remember them far better than most other dreams, but I don't read too much into it. It would be nice though if it was him paying a visit,

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

I've just posted this on another thread, so I'll copypaste the relevant bit here as I saw your comment over there

I had to have our old cat euthanized just over 3 weeks ago....he adopted us when he was about 3, and lived with us for 10 years, and I miss him so much. He was our guard cat! he would sit on the doormat, guard the gate, and for 10 years he would walk me up the road, lovely old boy he was!

So I lost him 3 weeks ago, and I lost another cat to congenital heart failure when she was only 5 years old- that was 17 months ago.

I never saw my female cat after she passed, a few times I heard her jump off the bed, but it is another matter with my old male cat! I have felt him jump onto the bed, at least a few times a week. I have felt him laying by my feet, I go to turn over and the quilt has something on it....I go to look but there is nothing there. Then last week, I sat on the bottom stair, and on the first landing (4 stairs up) I saw his feet....I swear I really did, his huge white paws. It was like a 3D transluscent image, but I could see the exact shape of them (and after 10 years of him living here, I'd know those paws anywhere!). Im not sure why I couldnt see the rest of his body, but then...he started purring...really loudly 4 times. I was amazed, in awe, and a little scared at the same time. I was happy to see him, but this is the first ghost pet I've ever actually 'seen'.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

I too have lost my cat, I sometimes here him in the kitchen at night banging into the chairs like he use too

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I just hope there is a place, after life i really would like to be with my pets for eternity. Theyre not really pets, in hindsight they were best friends, brothers sisters. And now whats left just a world full of crazy things and ideas.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Last year a cat I had for 16 years died.

He had learned how to open the door to the store cupboard in the bathroom, because I once had mice in there that had climbed up the piping duct from the flat below.

I rarely need to open that cupboard, but in the few months after his death I twice found the door ajar.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Bluesma, I can assure you that this sort of thing does indeed happen, as my girlfriend and myself have experienced the exact same thing with our sweet boy who passed nearly two years ago. On a few different occasions we both heard him meow, like your cat he had a very distinct sound far unlike our other cats, and we have both caught a glimpse of him together and at seperate times as well.

Honestly, I see it as a blessing that you and your son have heard him, he wouldn't be sticking around if he didn't love you very much and he knows how much you love him too.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Wonderful thread! We had our beloved dog, who was very old when finally put down, due to possibly cancer, though her hips were out. And one night going to the bathroom, I had sensed a change in the atmosphere so was actually spooked. But I looked where I was afraid to look, as I if I knew, down the hall. And she was laying in front of the TV. And she had such a look of concern on her face, had sensed my fear of the change in the channels. And was sending a feeling of gentle love and concern. It was the kind of night, when you wake up and there are bubbles in the air, its not a normal atmosphere and you can see it. So initially sensitive and alarmed and then so happy.
edit on 12-9-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

I saw my cat that died almost 2 yrs ago yesterday, but it wasnt at all like the post I made up there ^^^^^^ (where I saw a translucent image)....this time I SAW her sitting out of the corner of my eye...tiny little ginger kitty. No mistaking her, and I stupidly turned round to get a better look and she was gone. It was strange because after she died, I heard her jump off the bed for weeks afterwards, and I really REALLY wanted to see her, but never did, so I kinda accepted she would never come to me.

I don't know why they wait sometimes, but it seems that they do. If it happens again, I'll try to remember not to look round!

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Urbanshadow
reply to post by Bluesma

I saw my cat that died almost 2 yrs ago yesterday, but it wasnt at all like the post I made up there ^^^^^^ (where I saw a translucent image)....this time I SAW her sitting out of the corner of my eye...tiny little ginger kitty. No mistaking her, and I stupidly turned round to get a better look and she was gone. It was strange because after she died, I heard her jump off the bed for weeks afterwards, and I really REALLY wanted to see her, but never did, so I kinda accepted she would never come to me.

I don't know why they wait sometimes, but it seems that they do. If it happens again, I'll try to remember not to look round!

Oh wow! I admit, I'd really like to get such a glimpse of my kitty like that!

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

Well, if you do get a glimpse in your peripheral vision like i did, dont turn around to look closer! I could kick myself as I have read of this years ago, and I would have spoken to her if I had been quicker off the mark.

I hope you do get to see your kitty, it is very comforting ~ really not scary at all

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

There are more threads on ATS about that very subject. Lots of great cat (and other pet) stories. My cat visited me in my bedrom one morning, when he was really outside severely injured by a car. Longish story, but it's here somewhere already with loads of others'.

Another kitty story I have is, one night as I was passing the hallway I looked towards the cat flap at the back door and saw another one of my deceased cats sitting outside the foggy window. I called my son through and said, "look over there" and he saw her immediately without me even saying. It was just grime and dust and whatever on the plastic but from our angle it was the spitting image of our very old Samantha calmly sitting outside and waiting for the "big" door to be opened (she did like the royal treatment).

Love your story, I bet it WAS "Black Kitty" you heard.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join