Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Denver trades Tebow for 4th Round Draft Pick to Jets

page: 1

join

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Has anyone had the smack down put upon them in such an ill fashion in all of sports history?

sports.yahoo.com...

After the Denver Broncos signed Peyton Manning, quarterback Tim Tebow needed a new home. He's found it. Tebow and a seventh-rounder have been shipped to the New York Jets for a fourth-round and a sixth-round draft pick. All picks are for 2012.
Tebow became a sensation during the 2011 season. After starting the season as a backup to Kyle Orton, he started in a string of late-in-the-game comebacks. The Broncos released Orton, and Tebow seemed to be their man. But when Manning was released by the Colts, Broncos general manager John Elway jumped at the chance to sign him.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Do people know when no value is appointed to them?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
the headline of this thread should have been:

New York Jets get Tim Tebow for a singing a Song...

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
What the hell is your deal?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jeantherapy

did i place this thread in the wrong section of the forum or something?

sorry mods.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
You think its a bad deal for the broncos?? tim tebow sucks,,, broncos know this,,,,, they got manning,,,, jets are idiots,,,, there quarter back sucks,,,,,,, they get tebow,,,,,,, jets will suck,,,,, they are idiots..

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi
You think its a bad deal for the broncos?? tim tebow sucks,,, broncos know this,,,,, they got manning,,,, jets are idiots,,,, there quarter back sucks,,,,,,, they get tebow,,,,,,, jets will suck,,,,, they are idiots..

no...i don't think its a bad deal for the Broncos or Manning. I consider them the most likely team in the AFC to appear in the Superbowl next year.

this thread is a commentary regarding Tebow's lack of value...

I just wonder if Tebow feels a lot like Rick Santorum today.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Did Tebow have any say in this at all?

I think he should've gone to Jacksonville or Miami. Miami especially needs a good Q-Back.

The Jets??? I'm still trying to wrap my head around that one.

In all fairness to Denver though ( They ARE my team)......what else would you expect them to do?? Keep Tebow in favor of Peyton Manning? If Peyton wanted to go to the New York Giants, guess what.....little brother Eli would be on the next bus down the turnpike to the Jets.

Someone was going to be slapped down here, and in this case it was Tebow. Personally, I think they should've kept him. The kid has a lot of potential and think what it would've meant to his playing abilities to study under Peyton Manning.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

I don't think Tebow sucks, it's just that he's still too much into the college play book. It's like it hasn't dawned on him yet that he's playing with the big boys.

I'm sure playing with the Jets will wake him up to that fact really quick.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

ive only seen a few games of him and it looks like he hardly knows how to throw the ball,,,, I dont know how they won so many games, but it must have been a lot of running and clutch defensive plays,,,, the jets quarterback sucks at throwing as well, so i dont know why they would get another "crappy" quarter back....

I know tom brady is really good, deffinitly one of the best quarterbacks (ever) but what happened with tim tebow in that game,,, if you ( have been playing quarterback your whole life) and have legit wide recievers and a book of plays you get paid to practice every day,,, and you are a select few in a nation of a mastered throwing machine,,, you should be able to score some touchdowns in every game.
edit on 21-3-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

this is a conspiracy site.

depending on the types of responses i get...this thread turns into one contemplating the notion of:

alternate realities.

or it can just be a thread that dies quickly and is never seen or heard from again.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

about tebows lack of value,,,,,,,, i personally dont think hes that valuable,,,, i dont think hes that skill full,,, certainly not compared to other quarterbacks in the nfl ( and nfl past) and college quarter backs coming up.... perhaps the jets and broncos know this... ... and the jets thought they may take a try on him if its not that big of a gamble.

top topics

join