It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
www.liveleak.com... Thought I could embed the video but guess not. Anyway check the link it's Carl Sagan narrating from The Pale Blue Dot. I know it has been discussed here on ATS before but I have not seen this video posted. Thought it was pretty amazing how far we actually think we are from nature.

The video is touching on how far we think we are away from nature just because we build concrete jungles and think that we have mastered the food chain (by simply bringing the food to us). He's saying we've created our own habitat via skyscrapers, roads, store fronts. Then he goes on to say how we may have "mastered" the Earth but a few hundred feet up or down and our impact is virtually non existent.

I like the part when he talks about how our sedentary life has left us edgy and unfulfilled, yet we have done so much when you look at the planet, whether that is good or bad is not for me to decide, and even that is not enough. He goes on to talk about how the explorers basically just sit at home because there is "nothing" left to be explored and we're victims of our own success.
edit on 3/21/2012 by Irish614 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Humans are a parasitic infection on planet earth. Sure, some of them are sound and stuff and some do as much as they can to lessen their impact, but on the whole, our impact on this planet is that of a parasite on its host.

I shall now go and watch the video, to see if this post will make sense
(it felt right at the time of posting)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
WOW! I don't have video! Whats he saying? Is it the end of the world? /sarcasm

Perhaps if you could possibly give us some info about the video. Maybe some personal comments?

Aww, never mind. I will just move on to another thread.

Thanks for the information.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
He's saying things along the line of ....look at how taylor made we've made our enviroment, removed from nature and all packaged up for us. We've taken over the landscape and the wild life. This kind of lifestyle leaves us feeling unfufilled, and we should change. Our impact on the universe is nil.

in a nut shell

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by redbarron626

LOL I strongly dislike people on ATS who say they don't have video, so what you don't have video, save the thread for home. I shouldn't have to give you a play by play of what is going on in the video.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
Humans are a parasitic infection on planet earth.

yeah you are.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Actually it is expected on ATS that when video is presented as a thread starter, a short descriptive summary is to be provided along with an opinion or commentary to facilitate the start of a discussion. Otherwise ATS just becomes a portal of You Tube links. You made a good start, you just needed to flesh it out a bit to let us know more where you hope to take this discussion.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish614

Umm actually in the T&C, Yes you do! Your thread is nothing but your comment and to be honest it is pointless and useless.

Try harder.... or remain as you are.

PS I really dislike newbies who don't follow any rules.

Deny Ignorance!
edit on 21-3-2012 by redbarron626 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by redbarron626

Umm actually in the T&C, Yes you do! Your thread is nothing but your comment and to be honest it is pointless and useless.

Try harder.... or remain as you are.

PS I really dislike newbies who don't follow any rules.

Deny Ignorance!
edit on 21-3-2012 by redbarron626 because: (no reason given)

theyre new. take that into consideration mr. keyboard warrior elite.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Didn't know I had to write a book based on a video. Thought that is what the video is for, people can draw their own conclusions to it. Allow me to edit...

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by XelNaga

No i will not. If the poster is able to make a comment like, "I really dislike people who say they don't have video"
Then he/she is aware of the T&C and made NO effort to make an OP.

Having said that, here is a link that will help you and the OP in the future:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Deny Ignorance!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

You don't have to write a book! How about a one sentence explanation of what the video is about and why you chose to create a thread on the subject.

A little common sense goes a long way To Deny Ignorance.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
In all fairness, Your edit on your OP is excellent! Now that I understand the "why" i must ask if you think that this is due to our society or the history of our civilization? It is amazing how little we actually affect our planet as a whole.

Nice Subject!

S&F

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Have you ever seen the movie Koyaanisqatsi?

It does a brilliant job showing mans impact on the planet.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

We are the way we are now because it's easy to be lazy (imo). Why go out and have to chase down your food when you can simply roll up to a window, pay with a piece of paper and get your food from the window. I think we have always looked for the easiest way to do things and that is understandable, but our society as a whole now is ruined.

In the event of something happening most of us wouldn't stand a chance because they wouldn't be able to provide for their families or them selves. Doing the whole 9-5 desk job isn't going to put food on your table in a shtf scenario.

top topics

join