It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saints won't have Sean Payton when they face Cowboys

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
My take...
It's all about the injury law suits the NFL is facing. This will be used to help show that they are concerned with player safety, but really it's all about MONEY!
If the NFL is really concerned then let's see them go after EVERYONE that was involved in bounty programs.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by corusso

It is a possibility but I am having a slight problem...

I was reading an article on yahoo...

Sean ask bill to coach saints.... blog

blah blah... read it if you want... nothing official...

if parcells does cant enter HoF for five more years...

The reason I mention it is because a response caught my attention

Unpredictable • Mundelein, Illinois • 1 hour 8 minutes ago Report Abuse How about Mike Ditka as interim head coach??? Payton played for Ditka during the strike shortened season. He's not a fan of Goodell and some officers of the NFLPA in connection with benefits of retired players who needed help.

Have Sean Payton and Goodell bumped heads.... you see if they have, then the NFL could be sued by the Saints for retaliation...

Does anyone here know of any of these incidents that might have lead the person who wrote this to feel this way...

I could see the guy being petty and using anything to pay back those who disagree...

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

To me that would only be one reason to throw the Saints under the bus. They're the fall guys, patsies. The NFL is hoping this small market team (that Goodell may or may not have beef with the head coach) is an easy way to make this go away & still make them look like the good guys. I think the three year investigation was just their way of saving this dirt on the Saints for when they could use it to benefit themselves. What a great way to show you're tough on player safety? If they we're really concerned they wouldn't have let it go on for three years and, they would have went after other cases of know bounty programs instead of just the Saints.

<< 1   >>

join