It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

underground vents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
This is my first post so I apologize if it is in wrong place or wrong context.I am a reader,not a poster.I would also like to apologize for the lack of exact info,im just sharing a story a friend told me awlie back that i can now put into perspective.He was in new mexico visiting some friends on the border of a large Indian resevation,I dont know which one.He said he went hiking one day deep into the area when he stopped on a bunch of rocks to smoke a cig and rest.He dropped his lighter in between the rocks and while retrieving it discovered a well concealed stainless steel vent.he could not figure out why it was there and he scanned the area and hiked to other similiar rock formations and found three other vents and decided to get back out of there.He is not into the net or anything remotely like things discussed here so i had no reason to doubt his story.Also at the time he told me this I hadnt begun to be interested in this stuff so looking back i wonder if he was on top of a base hidden deep under an indian reservation.just made me wonder,thought id share that story with you all.thanks.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   
You'd be amazed the kind of stuff you'd find if you look in the right spots.

Just a list of some of the military related things I've found in odd places...

In the middle of a PRIVATLY owned corn field was a small shack with a few old faded signs on it that read "WARNING: Hydrogen. Keep open flame and heat sources away." This lead to a ICBM silo about 5 miles away. Turns out they vent the hydrogen overflow to this field. I've since learned the designation of the silo. Location and designation purposely withheld.

In the middle of a state park is a small hillside that upon inspection is just a layer of dirt thick enough to grow shallow root trees. The hillside is a blast door that covers auxilary antena for post nuke communications. Again, location and designation purposely withheld.

Vents. There are three primary types of air supply for underground systems. One is spaced vents that are camoflaged or concealed for an open air system where air flow is slow and natural. The second type is forced convection. Two large and well secured vents are place at opposite side of an instalation, fans force air through the entire complex, in one vent and out another. The final type is contained atmosphere, where O2 scrubbers simply convert CO2 to C and O2 for rebreathing.

Utility nodes. Secured and sealed nodes where communication, power, water, and air lines enter an underground facility. Normally these are sealed to withstand a nuclear blast.

Once you get used to spotting tehse things you'll see them FAR more places than you expected.

Without going into detail, there ARE underground maglev trains. You can find where they come near teh surface with just a compass and moving around a bit (ie a few miles).

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
It is amazing how much of this stuff you pick up on once you become attenuated to it. I have yet to spot any underground military installations (haven't looked in the right places, I guess), but I love to explore subterranean man-made structures. Before you know it, you are seeing vents, blowers, grates and access points everywhere where before you thought there was nothing.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Or it could have been a capped oil or natural gas well, or maybe a relief vent for a pipeline. That part of the country has a lot of those.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   
How did he know it was stainless steel?

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   
i cant ask him how he knew it was stainless steel as opposaed to regular steel.He was in construction so maybe he was just relating it to what he had been around?

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
hey guys i work with nukes and all of the silos are in plain veiw. just surrounded by a fence but has alot of security. and because of the secerity there is no need to hide them. we have about 550 silos there are peacekeepers but they are deactivating them now. we had 50 peacekeepers and now we are down to 16. all of the rest of the nukes are called mineteman. so maybe that vent in the corn fields was for something else. there are also alot of rumors that each base has underground lvls to it but i haven't see anything. i hope this info clears anything up about the nukes

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
this was no cornfield vent, it was in the desert on an indian reservation in the middle of nowhere miles of nothing all around from what i was told.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DClark
How did he know it was stainless steel?

thats easy... stainless steel is, well, STAINLESS.
as in, 'an absence of stains'...

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by donquad2001
this was no cornfield vent, it was in the desert on an indian reservation in the middle of nowhere miles of nothing all around from what i was told.

I don't know what a "cornfield" vent is, but I bet that there are a lot of capped and abandoned oil and gas wells out there.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
im sure there are a bunch of capped wells be specifically said it was a stainless steel air vent very well camoflauged by rock formations and he found all of them well concealed.him being in the consruction business i believe he would know a vent from a cap,but hey i was just sharing a story i can now put in perspective ,i wasnt there so all i can do is wonder,and be inspired that the truth is out there,hidden by lies and deception,and its up to each of us to figure it out.in my next post i will share some of own discoveries about concrete stairwells going deep below the navy base i found while on patrol when i was stationed there.

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
underground mines usually have these types of vents... might want to check if there are any in the area

top topics

join