It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

200-kilo metal debris from the sky in Siberia

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Perhaps something related to food or chemical production....?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Looks a top off a Silo or a Scrubber of some kind. Why would that be represented as a UFO?

Because if it isn't this thread dies on Page Uno, the goofballs have to have something to waste their 15 minute attention spans on.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
Where's the impact crater in the ground if it has come from space? That is tarmac, even my head could make an impact crater in that. this is clearly a hoax and the Russians are renouwnd for them to be fair.

You are too lazy to read the article and come up with a common solution as to why the pictures look the way it does and decided to just made a comment on the pictures along!

We need more ATS'ers who can actually make common sense and/or do their own research before labelling a hoax!

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TwoEggz

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Looks a top off a Silo or a Scrubber of some kind. Why would that be represented as a UFO?

Because if it isn't this thread dies on Page Uno, the goofballs have to have something to waste their 15 minute attention spans on.

For someone who spends so much time complaining about threads, you sure do post in a lot of them.

You're like the ATS wet blanket.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I agree with the synopsis of this article: www.tech-stew.com

Definitely appears to just be a piece of scrap metal or some other debri, nothing otherworldly. Viral video attempt most likely.
edit on 23-3-2012 by technohip33 because: link not working

edit on 23-3-2012 by technohip33 because: linkfix

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
we do have a lot of junk floating around out there though

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic

For someone who spends so much time complaining about threads, you sure do post in a lot of them.

My 20 posts to your 1,000?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
A local paper had other photos
www.nsk.kp.ru...
including one showing screw heads.

Metric or English units?

There was a guess it was a 'Stiletto' ICBM test fragment, which would
be consistent with the less-than-seared-and-melted appearances.

I agree. definitely looks man made. Looks like something from some sort of satellite.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
reply to post by Bers81

Top of a booster rocket tank?
Has NASA launched its 5 rockets yet-is it a part of one of those?
Great find for whoever got it-maybe its made of titanium or something else worth big bucks.

Edit-as someone posted above-It is made of Titanium!
edit on 21/3/2012 by Silcone Synapse because: whatever

read up to date articles...... "5" Small rockets"...... FYI

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Where are the infamous Alien Hieroglyphs? screw heads looks "earthly" than Hi-tech more like man-made space junk than alien.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Bers81

Looks like a huge front headlight for a galactic car...

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I think, as mentioned by others before, one thing certainly "seals the deal" for a purely Earth origin of this piece of scrap. That would be the straight slotted screws. I certainly hope someone somewhere gets a few bucks for this, or at least could convert it into somethings useful, like a vodka still.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
There is no way that came from space with slotted screws.

Russia is famous for its vodka drinking, so, I'm going with what someone said about it being the top of some kind of boiler. Probably bcame from an explosion at an illegal distillery.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Bers81

Interesting, Saw this on CNN. haha... beat me to the thread.... but looks more like a man made object at second glance... check some pictures out here www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
An advance civilization of alien race capable of traveling by the speed of light, yet uses the same slotted screws to put things together.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Ive been looking for my titfoil hat for atleast 3 weeks now. How did it get all the way in russia? Yes I know, I got a big head..

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TwoEggz

Originally posted by AGWskeptic

My 20 posts to your 1,000?

And all 20 of yours are complaining about ATS.

Do you get banned and come back under another name with an axe to grind?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
It looks like part of a pressure vessel of some sort. The old fashioned screw makes it low tech though, not the type of thing for say, a jet bulkhead. Maybe just a lid for a container to boil spuds in to maka da vodka.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I still wonder what it is, I just googled to see of there were any updates, but nope, nothing.
What makes it so curious that it's part high tech, part low tech. Did someone bought it from- or found it at a graveyard for the aeronautical industry and modified it for his own needs?

What I also would like to know what this is. It located at the inside of the object in the center of the "lid".

It looks like a nozzle of some sort. As other members pointed out that it could be part of a vessel from a chemical plant. The explanation that parts of it are made of titanium because some compounds are very corrosive is very plausible.
So my guesses are:
1- it's a part of a vessel from a chemical plant that keeps silent because all the chemicals involved have spread in the surrounding area and have contaminated several villages. But that doesn't explain the "cheap, old fashioned" slothed screws.
2- Second hand usage including modifying of the above or something from the aeronautical industry.

Either that or part of a '44 Nazi UFO.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join