It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

200-kilo metal debris from the sky in Siberia

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Following trhe original thread which got trashed by moderators as I didn't discuss it enough (reader's discussions did not count) I will report the link again and say what it is written. Maybe few more lines will satisfy the forum's rules

A huge piece of metal is found in Siberia.. Villagers claim it has fallen from the sky. Reading the article carefully, you can notice the piece of metal did not land there where you can see it in the picture (as some happy replier stated) but it has been removed from its original position.
There appears it is now under local police surveillance

www.dailymail.co.uk...
edit on 21-3-2012 by Bers81 because: (no reason given)

More links even in russian language were reported, I hope the user who did can report it again

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Good find!

However, no damage on it at all if it would have come entered the atmosphere it would have some markings on it, as mentioned by comments on that link.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
it is quite clearly a spy satellite that has lost its orbit
by the way russians are treating it
its not theirs...
more likely usa even possibly china O.O

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
It says the fragment was made of ultra strong titanium, I really don't know its properties, maybe it prevents the burnings. Or maybe it was too cold to burn it

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Interesting. Certainly looks man made, maybe some failed experiment of some kind went boom and sent this hurtling through the sky. Certainly doesn't look like it's fallen through the athmosphere from space. I'm sure there are reasons for this being on earth. What would people use something like this for, what could it be a part of?
edit on 21/3/2012 by Acidtastic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Bers81

Top of a booster rocket tank?
Has NASA launched its 5 rockets yet-is it a part of one of those?
Great find for whoever got it-maybe its made of titanium or something else worth big bucks.

Edit-as someone posted above-It is made of Titanium!
edit on 21/3/2012 by Silcone Synapse because: whatever

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
It looks like the top of a boiler. It likely overheated and exploded from the pressure buildup.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen
It looks like the top of a boiler. It likely overheated and exploded from the pressure buildup.

Epic win

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Bers81

How is this object to of impacted and not show any signs or have stamped text related to its manufacturer/owner. Maybe its some type of sky floating device related to spy blimps/drones that fly high or somehting that fell apart or was destroyed. It will be interesting to see where it came from and who its owner is...
edit on 3/21/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Space junk discovered at school work site
Posted on February 18, 2012

Engineers mystified with the sighting of Russian space debris that fell from the sky Friday.

oliverdailynews.com...

Must be parts of some HUGE secret space station

edit on 21-3-2012 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Here is the other russian link. I am sorry to say I can't remember who first posted it though.www.nsk.kp.ru...

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
A local paper had other photos
www.nsk.kp.ru...
including one showing screw heads.

Metric or English units?

There was a guess it was a 'Stiletto' ICBM test fragment, which would
be consistent with the less-than-seared-and-melted appearances.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
IMO, it looks like the top of a grain silo.

Grain dust can be flammable, but I have never heard of an explosion that would take the lid off like this.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bers81
It says the fragment was made of ultra strong titanium, I really don't know its properties, maybe it prevents the burnings. Or maybe it was too cold to burn it

I was wondering the same.. An object of that weight falling to earth from space / extremely high altitude one would expect to see more damage than what we see from the picture.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

The first pic in your post.. Is the massive billboard looking road sign on its side the object they are referring to, or is that just the location the dome looking thing was located at?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Where's the impact crater in the ground if it has come from space? That is tarmac, even my head could make an impact crater in that. this is clearly a hoax and the Russians are renouwnd for them to be fair.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
A local paper had other photos
www.nsk.kp.ru...
including one showing screw heads.

Metric or English units?

There was a guess it was a 'Stiletto' ICBM test fragment, which would
be consistent with the less-than-seared-and-melted appearances.

With slot headed screws it can't be all that new (yes I know it's Russia but even they must have gone to socket heads by now?) and is unlikely to have been made to go into space for the same reason.Wouldn't all the fastenings on anything that leaves the ground have some sort of locking device such as tab washers or be wired to each other?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
IMO, it looks like the top of a grain silo.

Grain dust can be flammable, but I have never heard of an explosion that would take the lid off like this.

You could be right,but they don't make grain silos from titanium.
Or with that level of engineering.
But the titanium claim may be false,so who knows.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Not really big enough for a grain silo either, it's not even the size of the van it's next to.

I bet some company somewhere is looking innocently at the ground, nervously fidgitting their feet hoping nobody ties it back to them.

Should be fairly easy to trace, a large titanium object like that will have part numbers and batch numbers which give it tracability.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join