It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank of China Sued for Funding International Terrorism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
This could go in many different forums -

The STATE-OWNED Bank of China is being sued for helping to fund terrorist attacks against the citizens of Israel. In other words .. the country of China is engaging in terrorist attacks against Israeli civilians. (State owned = Gov't of China) Israel ... supposedly an American ally. So, depending on where this lawsuit goes ... there could be fall out here in the USA over this.

My prediction - 'someone' will make sure that this lawsuit by the victims is lost so that the USA won't have to engage in some kind of retalitory hit upon China .. China being much stronger than we are these days.

New York Judge Allows Exploration of Bank of Chinas Alleged Role in Terrorism

Bank of China Sued for Facilitating Terrorism Financing

Victims of terrorist attacks against Israel by Hamas and the Palestine Islamic Jihad can proceed with a lawsuit accusing Bank of China Ltd. of knowingly allowing money transfers that funded the terror groups, a state judge in Manhattan has ruled.

In Keren Elmaliach v. Bank of China Ltd., 102026/09, New York Supreme Court Justice Barbara R. Kapnick ruled that while banks generally have no duty to protect non-customers from intentional wrongs committed by its customers, the plaintiffs had alleged facts suggesting that the state-owned Chinese bank was specifically told that it was funding terrorism and took no action. Kapnick also refused to dismiss the case on forum non conveniens grounds.

Jerusalem Post

A judge in the Supreme Court of the State of New York ruled Friday that a lawsuit filed by a group of 84 Israeli terror victims against the Bank of China can proceed.

The plaintiffs, who include family members of victims of terrorist bombings and rocket attacks carried out by Palestinian Islamic Jihad and Hamas in 2006 and 2007, are claiming that the Bank of China facilitated the attacks by providing wire transfer services to both terror groups.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Does this mean Israel and White House are open to lawsuits also?

Its about time.

Oh no wait, its an American court trying to impose its legal authority over another sovereign nation. Oh well.

edit on 21-3-2012 by Ixtab because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Sued???

Why aren't these peoples' assess thrown in jail or executed??

What's with all this wrist slapping that these people get for their heinous crimes??

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ixtab
Oh no wait, its an American court trying to impose its legal authority over another sovereign nation. Oh well.

Oh no wait, it's about the Bank of China branch offices in New York City not following the rules of the country that they are in ... and possibly funding international terrorism through those branch offices. It's got nothing to do with an American court trying to impose itself on another soverign nation. It has to do with China not following the rules in the USA. Big difference.

From the opening article -

The transfers were executed through Bank of China’s branch offices in the United States.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

They havnt broken any rules. As the article sates.

while banks generally have no duty to protect non-customers from intentional wrongs committed by its customers

Anything else related to terrorist activity is alleged.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
When will the CIA and FBI be sued for funding terrorism?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

I imagine Cuba has a pretty long list of lawsuits against whatever banks the CIA have used for the last 50 years to direct terrorism against them. Then there Central and South America, South east Asia, Eastern Europe, the middle east, Central Asia, Africa.

To be honest in these times of financial stress, Im not sure if American banks could handle so many lawsuits.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

In other words .. the country of China is engaging in terrorist attacks against Israeli civilians.

The country of the United States is engaging in terrorist attacks against civilians all over the world including their own, does this mean we can sue them?

Do the Palestinians and Lebanese get to sue America for cluster bombs they provided to Israel?

These articles of yours are nothing but propaganda.
edit on 21-3-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

The country of the United States is engaging in terrorist attacks against civilians all over the world including their own, does this mean we can sue them?

So you're saying just because everyone's doing it that it should be ok?

Why AREN'T we filing criminal suits against the US? I thought this whole war on terror included those who commit and aide terrorists. Take them ALL down

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Sounds to me like US doesn't want to make repayments on a HUGE debt owed

2nd

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ixtab
Does this mean Israel and White House are open to lawsuits also?

Its about time.

This is interesting... but not unprecidented. A simliar case occured with regards to the Iranian government as well as 9/11.

Im not sure why the case was filed in the US though or even how we have any type of jurisdiction.

as far as the US government being open to being sued good luck. Most people don't know that the only way a person can sue the Federal Government (US) is if the Federal government agrees / allows it.

To me this seems like an issue that the WTO / UN / ICC / world court etc should be looking into. I am going to wager though that since China has veot ability as well that direction was a non starter.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
first, these articles are from 2011.

That being said, why is this being heard in the NY Supreme Court? This is a case of Israeli victims suing a Chinese bank. How does NYS come into play?

Here's the only legal doc I could find on the case.

www.israellawcenter.org...

I wonder if it's been settled or resolved.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
That being said, why is this being heard in the NY Supreme Court?

Because the branch offices of the bank of china are in New York that this supposedly happened.

I wonder if it's been settled or resolved.

Dunno'. But it's being discussed on the TV news as well today ....

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
These articles of yours are nothing but propaganda.[

:shk: So how EXACTLY is it 'propaganda' to report that the New York branches of the Bank of China are being sued for possibly being involved in funding terrorist activities in Israel.? Answer ... it's not propaganda. It's just a fact of what is going on ... they are being sued and there may or may not be something to it. :shk:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Reading the link made me think of this;

How a big US bank laundered billions from Mexico's murderous drug gangs

The authorities uncovered billions of dollars in wire transfers, traveller's cheques and cash shipments through Mexican exchanges into Wachovia accounts. Wachovia was put under immediate investigation for failing to maintain an effective anti-money laundering programme. Of special significance was that the period concerned began in 2004, which coincided with the first escalation of violence along the US-Mexico border that ignited the current drugs war.

and ask, surely we could all file a civil suit against Wachovia for there part in the misery created by their actions.

Finally, the bank were fined $160million for laundering $378.4 billion. It's a mad world we live in.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus
When will the CIA and FBI be sued for funding terrorism?

There I fixed it for you.

When will the CIA and FBI be sued for funding [color=#FF0000]and carrying out terrorism?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ukWolf

I am really surprised more people are not worked up over that. Yes it is a crazy mad world we live in.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
One big question facing the courts is wither Hamas is a terrorist organisation or military campaign? Considering the current geopolitical situation I expect Hamas is listed as a terrorist organisation, but are they more than this when looking at the overall regional situation? When reviewing how the boarders between Israel and Palestine have changed over the past 60 or so years there is a strong argument for Hamas self preservation in the long running conflict.

Considering the US legal stance on 9/11, this is not looking good for China and Hamas. I do find it interesting in the precedent that maybe set if the legal system is to take a position on war. Does anyone know if this is a criminal or civil case?

new topics

top topics

join