It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

See (and Hear) the Space Shuttle Launch Like Never Before

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

From the upcoming Special Edition Ascent: Commemorating Space Shuttle DVD/BluRay by NASA/Glenn a movie from the point of view of the Solid Rocket Booster with sound mixing and enhancement done by the folks at Skywalker Sound. The sound is all from the camera microphones and not fake or replaced with foley artist sound. The Skywalker sound folks just helped bring it out and make it more audible.

This is amazing footage!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
shame it is only 8 minutes

How comes there is no footage of shuttle reentry ?

I am not talking about the last few minutes until touch down, I am talking about from 400,000 feet when the shuttle starts to experience thermal heating and plasma.

I have searched the web and youtube but with no luck

I want mach 25 and plasma !
edit on 21/3/2012 by diddy1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by diddy1234

Shuttle re-entry footage would be awesome! You got me thinking now, might have another look to see if there is any decent re-entry footage.

Edit 1 - Just noticed you searched youtube with no luck. Might take a look at nasa sites or the original uploaders blog.
edit on 21/3/12 by Anon77 because: (no reason given)

Edit 2 - Hmmm well youtube and the nasa sites seem to just have internal video of re-entry. Maybe they can't fit/don't have camera equipment that will stand up to mach 25 and the 1600* C plasma?
edit on 21/3/12 by Anon77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
That video is awesome, but it still can't compare to the true power and glory of watching a live shuttle launch.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
The American nation should be proud of what they have achieved (by going into space and keeping with it).

Here in the UK we are the only nation to test rockets and the odd satellite only to give up on it.
Yes we have satellites and we also build satellites (my home town builds them) but we do not have our own rocket launcher.

The past history on this (Red Arrow Blue Streak) makes me mad every time.
Great innovation, technological boundaries overcome only for political will to give up.

Sorry rant about the UK over with.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Vixen~
That video is awesome, but it still can't compare to the true power and glory of watching a live shuttle launch.

Definitely! I wish I had witnessed one of the original shuutle launches, i'll bet it's an amazing experience. If and when Nasa develop their next shuttle I'd love to see a live launch... Just don't fancy the idea of being poked, prodded and groped by the TSA agents at the US airports.

new topics

top topics

join