It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man flies like bird is a CGI hoax, heres the proof.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Arkady

you mean these "CGI" wings, with 2 bits of black tape on?

www.humanbirdwings.net...

edit, and this "fake" news article, with the "CGI" wings, again, with black tape on

edit on 21/3/2012 by Acidtastic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
reply to post by Arkady

you mean these "CGI" wings, with 2 bits of black tape on?

yes those ones, now it's pretty clear why they made the mistake of including the right hand black patch in the CGI footage even thought it's actually missing in the genuine segment preceeding it. Obviously they didnt realise the patch was missing when they created the CGI. Thanks for proving my point.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

reply to post by Arkady

edit, and this "fake" news article, with the "CGI" wings, again, with black tape on

do you actually read dutch? because at no point in that article does the reporter mention actually seeing mr. smeets fly his amazing device. That's wierd isn't it?

edit on 21-3-2012 by Arkady because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
now who's grasping at straws

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arkady

reply to post by Arkady

do you actually read dutch? because at no point in that article does the reporter mention actuall seeing mr. smeets fly his amazing device. That's wierd isn't it? because it totally can fly.
The article is possibly from before his "succsesful" flight?

As you can see on the pictures below, the wingfabric is torn in some places. For now I’m quick-fixing it with duct tape. In the meanwhile thinking about a better solution.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

now who's grasping at straws

you. that image proves only proves that there should have been two patches and explains why they made that mistake when the created the fake cgi footage. Explain to me why there ISN'T and then the second magically appears a couple of seconds before this guy violates the laws of physics.
edit on 21-3-2012 by Arkady because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I still think that there is a black bit of tape there, you can just see it in the first screen grab, but it's not a good angle. (inside your circle) The second screen grab, the wings are at a totally different angle, as is he. Which is why you can now see it better.

edit- or maybe it was put in after several attempts. There's no saying that the video is made in 1 shot.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Well at least you're acknowledging the possibility that the video is edited now. I'm not wasting any more time on this. It's been proven a hoax, it's over. People are going to believe what they're going to believe but anybody with any degree of awareness is going to know that this is fake.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I'm happy to agree to disagree too

It's amicable and stuff

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I had seen this video before. Several weeks ago, and had forgotten about it until last night, when I was actually remembering it and thinking about it. lol

I thought it was real when I first saw it, then thinking about it last night I began to wonder if it was fake or not. Weird this would come up in a thread today.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Seems like a lot of people are believing this story:

"Jamie Hyneman of the popular TV show MythBusters wrote in his blog: "The video of Jarno Smeets' flight is cool, and I don't see evidence that it was faked." Source

And major media outlets are reporting it, although some are questioning it's validity:

Here
And here

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
just for the record, even the major news outlets that originally reported this are acknowledging it as a hoax now and it has emerged that Smeets is lying about his past and qualifications. He didn't work where he claimed he worked and he didn't study where he claimed he studied. case closed.
I apologize if anbody who fell for this felt I was being sneering or arrogant, that wasn't my intention, but i knew from the word go that this was fake and it can be frustrating when you're trying to prevent people from being fooled and they react like you just shot their pet dog.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

2 screen grabs taken from different positions, a small gust of wind could have easily lifted a flap of material to expose the black patch. Nothing conclusive here IMO. But then I "must" be stupid and stuff, cos like this is soo obvious !!!111!!!one. Just like the discovery channel people are stupid, people at the Wire and those in the other press articles. All stupid. But it's OK, ATS in all its "infinate wisdom" has solved it with 2 screen grabs

I know, someone did this on the other thread. Anyway, they say that "every dog has it's day" and we'll see how it pans out with all the interest that there is. It's not as though the guy is a wallflower, he is up front with it all, and it's not as if this is another Gossamer project, it's garden shed stuff.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
if this turns out to be real, some of you guys are going to look like utter morons. i hope it turns out that way, would be nice to see this thread become a standard example and reference point for dealing with pseudo-smart keyboard-analyst wannabe debunkers.

seriously some of you guys sound like hyperactive children do when they show off to adults by trying to sound smart. it's sad how half of ATS sets it's consensus based on you idiots and your obnoxious uneducated claims.

if it turns out to be a fake i'll take it back, somehow i don't think it is though. if you think any of it is 'obvious CGI' then i feel sorry for you and would say you are probably in need of psychiatric help.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by RickyVelveeta
if this turns out to be real, some of you guys are going to look like utter morons. i hope it turns out that way, would be nice to see this thread become a standard example and reference point for dealing with pseudo-smart keyboard-analyst wannabe debunkers.

seriously some of you guys sound like hyperactive children do when they show off to adults by trying to sound smart. it's sad how half of ATS sets it's consensus based on you idiots and your obnoxious uneducated claims.

if it turns out to be a fake i'll take it back, somehow i don't think it is though. if you think any of it is 'obvious CGI' then i feel sorry for you and would say you are probably in need of psychiatric help.

Best. Screen name. Ever.

Just saying.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by RickyVelveeta

Best post yet.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by RickyVelveeta

Thats just too funny man. Have a look at the other thread. It's not even up for debate whether this is a hoax or not anymore, its been proven in several different ways and as I already said, even the original news outlets that reported it are now explaining that it was a hoax. I'm not trying to show off to anybody but if I smell a hoax I'm going to call it out and it turns out I was 100% unequivocally correct.
I think your rabid personal attacks speak volumes about your character and degree of education. I don't imagine an intelligent man or woman spends their time launching vicious, ranting verbal assaults against strangers online.

go on then - take it back. Interesting that it has turned out to be CGI, moreso that it was so obvious to me - an 'obnoxious' 'uneducated' 'idiot' and yet you fell for it? that's wierd, because your smarter than me right?
thanks for making me laugh.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
It is amazing at how many tech-based websites got suckered into posting this article as a scientific achievement...
The Register, Wired, among many other news sources have posted about this video.

At a first glance the CGI is obvious lol. Not to mention the way the camera just happens to move off the "wings" before taking off and/or landing.

I've seen better CGI used in the ghostbuster's movies.... lol.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by InsideYourMind

Because of how incredibly obvious the hoax is to anybody vaguely familiar with CGI techniques I strongly suspect they flagged it as a hoax but knew what a furore it was bound to generate so they posted it anyway

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
If a hoax, I guess that explains that they didn't really show much of the mechanism that actuated the wings. Anyone that has ever handled a 4x8 piece of plywood in the wind knows this whole thing seems fishy.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join