It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I witnessed a glitch in the Matrix

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nkinga
reply to post by awakendhybrid

This is actually a really great thread. My husband and I have been together since I was 16. I am 31 now. Ready?
His birthday is 318 (march 18th 1976)
My birthday is 813 (august 13th 1980)
My name is Nicole, my brother's name is Joseph
His name is Joseph, his sister's name is Nicole
trivial..but cool..neither of us grew up with our biological grandfathers, both "real" grandfathers had died of cancer, but each of our grandmothers both married the grandfather's best friends (both grandfathers were also mechanics) our non biological grandfathers worked together for lockheed martin....in separate states. His Grandfather was from Ohio and worked in Florida. My grandfather was from Florida and worked in Ohio. .... no, I'm not kidding, LOL. It gets weirder.
Both our moms are 51.

My husband and I also have some weird synchronicities. We didn't meet until we were in our thirties, but we have found out that:

His parents grew up in a very small town in Texas. Now, there are literally a million small towns in Texas. My mother lived for 2 years in that same small town when she was a child. His mom and my mom lived within a quarter mile of each other during those 2 years (they claim to not have known each other, which is a little strange for such a small town, but they did have some mutual friends).

His dad became a high school football coach for a while, then changed careers to be in the insurance industry. My dad planned to be a high school football coach, but decided instead to go into the insurance industry.

His family loved to go to Colorado during summer vacations. My family went to Colorado for vacation during the 3rd week in July in 1971, in the Durango area. The very first time his family went to Colorado was .... you guessed it - the 3rd week in July in 1971. Where did they go? The Durango area. We were exactly in the same area at the exact same time in a different state from which we lived! We joke about how we probably walked right past each other in Durango when we were kids.

Last weird thing. He moved to Waco, TX when he was a senior in high school, and became life-long best friends with another senior. I met this best friend early in my relationship with my husband. The best friend found out I grew up in Houston, so he asked me what area did I grow up in. I told him the area, and he said, "I lived in that neighborhood, too, from the time I was 10 yrs old until I was a junior in high school! I told him the street I lived on, and he said he lived 2 streets over from me! As you all must know, Houston is a very large city, with many, many, many neighborhoods. What are the odds of his best friend from Waco growing up in the same suburban Houston neighborhood as me, only a couple of streets away!

It almost makes you think that two people whose paths have crossed over and over again, directly and indirectly, are just meant to be together.

edit on 22-3-2012 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-3-2012 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Ohhhhh.. Just reading the title of the thread gives me chills, its one of my nightmares that we live in a "Matrix" type life.. I started thinking that as a kid after reading about the theory of living in a computer program and how there could be tons of them already so even if we somehow did "pop" out into the "world" that maybe made this one, who's to say that worlds not another matrix..ya know? That stuff always scared me because I really want our human (and even animal) life to have SOME point to it not just be some program being watched for entertainment or learning, not saying I believe in any certain god, I just want to believe in something... Keeps me happier...

But back to what I was gonna say in the first place, I have also since reading that theory kept an eye out for "glitches" and i'm not gonna lie there's been some weird a$$ times in my life alot more then once that made me say "WTF, what is this reality?? ...Is this completely real or....." ... Though's thoughts really make me think hard and when you start thinking about us being alive at all and even here(being alive) an living how we live(most people living for dumb money an useless things there whole life, never really caring for the truth) like we don't really even wanna know how we came to be.. I'm on a mission for truth, that's my life is to really see things for what they are and I know I wont figure it all out or even this out (whether we live in a matrix or not or have a god or something like it or not). But that doesn't stop me from trying, I mean hell, whats my life worth if I don't try at something I really want to? It's slowly depressing and boring.. But the "truth" could also be depressing.

Thanks for posting I rarely see posts like this that actually seem on the serious side.
Sorry for my rant kinda had no point just saying I too question reality(alot) and wonder what it really is..
As for the reading mind thing, I too believe we can do alot of things that would seem like magic or whatever in our day an time and that we just don't really know how to do them or learn them like either we lost it or haven't gained it yet, but who's to say what our physical human boundaries are in our reality? No one knows EVERYTHING. For all we know we could have alot more potential then we really think.. Or we might not. But always question everything, our imagination and consciousness is a real special thing. I think its time we start actually using it for the better of humanity and our poor mother earth that take all our abuse.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by b3l13v3
reply to post by chr0naut

Perhaps. Although I do find it odd the amount of individuals who've experienced the same anomaly, and how descriptive they can be about the same problem.

reply to post by nightstalker78

Maybe you didn't read the description of the forum?

The Gray Area is a discussion forum that provides a dedicated area for members to post their confessions, disclosures, and related extraordinary personal experiences.

I don't believe the OP came here for counseling, I believe they came here to find others with similar situations. I don't think it takes a genius like yourself to find out that what the OP experienced was not ordinary.

Don't like what you see? Move along and find something worth your time.

Hahahaha.....Owned!!
2nd

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nkinga
reply to post by AwakeinNM

So...heres something really weird. As I was on this site, and this exact thread last night...reading the comments and then of course leaving a comment of my own. ... at the same time in another tab, I was on Facebook, communicating with my sister who lives in another state. As I was talking to her, I decided, for some reason out of the blue...truly, I really absolutely had no reason what so ever.. BUT I looked up my brother's ex girlfriend. Seriously... I really had not reason to look her up..they were simply a fling, and they have been broken up for over a year and a half, but anyway, I typed her name in..still not sure why. Saw that she was now married and pregnant. Smiled about her being pregnant, because she actually looked kinda cute..and then logged off. That was that. Still don't know why I had the urge to look her up. (some background story...she and my brother did drugs together and stole money from her grandma and my mom... long story) So, my mom calls me this morning to tell me...that this girls grandma called her last night and told her exactly : "I've given ( brother) a year to pay me back the money he stole and he has not done so, I am going to the DA in the morning to show him the fraudulent check he took." (in this particular case... this girl and my brother took the grandma's check and he signed her name to it for 1000 dollars! BUT! how weird is that? at the same time I had the urge to look this girl up on Facebook, her grandmother was calling my mother! and neither of us knew about each other's incidents.

I have things like that happen all the time. I call it "useless clairvoyance" because the random thoughts like you describe come out of nowhere and you don't recognize them as clairvoyant until after the fact.

One common manifestation is when I'll have some super obscure song from 20 years ago stuck in my head and I'll have no idea why I thought of that song. Then a day or two later I'll rent a movie, and that song will be playing over the end credits - or some similar scenario. Happens a LOT.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by obilesk
Well made post OP.

When I was about 16, I went into the bathroom to take a shower. As I got ready, I turned around and saw a wasp crawping slowly up the door. I froze, and watched it flutter its wings a bit as it moved. I gently opened the door, stepped out to the hallway, went to my room and grabbed a book to smash the thing before it could threaten me and my vulnerable body.

I slipped back into the bathroom and closed the door enough to get a good shot at it. I held the book up and located the wasp, nearly in the middle of the door. Then I smashed; it gave a good crunch.

I pulled the book away. No wasp. No nothing. It was freaking gone.

To this day I have only had one experience like that, and that was it.

It was real, it was there. At least, all my senses said it was.

The dead wasp probably fell to the floor and bounced somewhere you couldn't see it. That happens all the time to me - I'll kill a bug and won't be able to find it to give it a proper funeral in the trash can.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I had a period of time in my early 20s where things were going missing ALL the time, especially important things like my car keys. I lived in a small apartment that I kept neat and clean, and I didn't own a lot of stuff. I'd put my keys on my dresser like I always did, and they'd be missing when I'd go to get them. I would scour that apartment top to bottom looking for them, and after I have just about given up, I would find them in plain sight somewhere that I had just looked 10 times. It would drive me nuts because I swear they were not there when I was looking for them. And I mean obvious plain sight like the kitchen table, so it is unlikely that I would not see them.

As I am writing this, I got a chill up my spine as I remembered something about that apartment just now. It was a duplex, I lived upstairs. There was a narrow back staircase that went down to the basement where there was a washer and dryer that we used. The house was one of those old city houses that was built probably in the 20s or 30s and had a flagstone basement with dirt floors. Whenever I would be in the basement to do laundry, I always had that creepy feeling that I wasn't alone, that someone was watching. It was especially creepy at night.

One evening my buddy calls me up and says "let's get a pitcher and some wings" so I told him to come over and I'd drive - I had a load of laundry in the dryer at the time he called. When he came over, we got into a conversation that we continued as I told him to follow me and keep talking as I went to retrieve a shirt from the dryer. We went down the stairs and there is a landing with another set of maybe 6 stairs before you go all the way down. He had stopped at the top of that landing and was staring into the basement with this look of fear. I asked him what was wrong, and he said "Something isn't right down here. I don't like it here" and he turned around and went back up the stairs.

Of course I grabbed my shirt and ran after him because he had just creeped the sht out of me. Up stairs he told me that he felt a presence and that it was not a benevolent one. He had always claimed that he was sensitive to spirits and that he could sometimes talk with them, which of course I thought was utter BS. After that incident, though, I kinda believed he might not be lying because I felt it too, and I don't consider myself to be sensitive to that kind of thing.

I might also mention that I had a roommate in that apartment who claims he saw a ghost of an auto mechanic in his room one night. The guy was dressed in those mechanic overalls with a name patch like a mechanic would wear.

Haunted house?

edit on 22-3-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-3-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Please dont post pot related topics on this site, its pretty obvious you were tripping out maybe even getting days confused.

This DOesn't HAPPpen

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

I think issue is the maps themselves. I remember Australia looking separate from the land mass as well, and spent many years in front of these types of maps, which rolled down over the chalkboards in front of the classroom.

Now, compare to the one that people are saying is actually realistic:

It's basically a "What the crap is this crap?" scenario for people who have never seen an alternative map to the ones at school or in National Geographic.

Not surprisingly, people start to think of explanations for this type of thing... and there you go.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradox

Originally posted by baalbuster
My girlfriend kept pressing me for what I was talking about but there was no way I could translate what was going on in my head into the english language, it was like trying to name and describe an emotion that has never been felt before..I didn't even know how to begin to try and explain it to her so I told her I had to quit talking.

As I was reading your comment I was thinking about my last journey and how to put it into words...and then I read this part and I was like holy crap that's exactly what I was going to say.

The last time I indulged in the foul tasting fungus I had an experience which can only be likened to the 'real' matrix. When I looked at people I could see grid patterns in their faces like they were a program created by my mind. It got to be too much so I drove home (it was like a video game
) and spent the remainder of my experience by myself...not a great idea that time. I mindf***ed myself so hard, I don't know how to explain it. It's the same type of feeling I get every time I eat them. Like I remembered something that's long been forgotten. I realized that this reality is all created, every person, every experience is made up as a kind of entertainment and learning experience. A way for the universal intelligence to experience itself subjectively and explore all the possibilities through as many different viewpoints as it has created. All of the visuals and blood red, sparkling night sky, seeing every blade of grass under my feet in pitch darkness, trees melting into the background, and letters on things with text moving and shifting places, only served to remind me how easily this physical reality and our senses can be manipulated and that the only true existence is that of intelligence.

God I love those little guys

edit on 3-22-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

Beautiful my friend! It seems that we have experienced many of the same things in that weird realm.

You're right about the feeling of remembering something forgotten...I as well feel it every single time I do it, like "OMG how did I forget this is how it was?". That first wave that shoots through my body almost seems to carry the truth with it, like an emotion encoded with truth, something I could never logically put into order and say "I know it" but rather a truth that I feel in the very core of my soul, like when I feel in love with someone. I feel like every time I eat them I'm shown how really shallow our modern life is, how pointless and trivial our daily routines and rituals are compared to the deeper reality of life and death and how we use our time.

Time haunts me during these experiences as does causality...it seems I always think of how one little action has greatly effected my life and how different it could've been if I had done something even just microscopically different.

Feel free to U2U me about any future journeys and I'll be sure to do the same my friend. Us travelers need to keep track of each other.

We need an Entheogen Forum!!!!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradox

Originally posted by baalbuster
My girlfriend kept pressing me for what I was talking about but there was no way I could translate what was going on in my head into the english language, it was like trying to name and describe an emotion that has never been felt before..I didn't even know how to begin to try and explain it to her so I told her I had to quit talking.

As I was reading your comment I was thinking about my last journey and how to put it into words...and then I read this part and I was like holy crap that's exactly what I was going to say.

The last time I indulged in the foul tasting fungus I had an experience which can only be likened to the 'real' matrix. When I looked at people I could see grid patterns in their faces like they were a program created by my mind. It got to be too much so I drove home (it was like a video game
) and spent the remainder of my experience by myself...not a great idea that time. I mindf***ed myself so hard, I don't know how to explain it. It's the same type of feeling I get every time I eat them. Like I remembered something that's long been forgotten. I realized that this reality is all created, every person, every experience is made up as a kind of entertainment and learning experience. A way for the universal intelligence to experience itself subjectively and explore all the possibilities through as many different viewpoints as it has created. All of the visuals and blood red, sparkling night sky, seeing every blade of grass under my feet in pitch darkness, trees melting into the background, and letters on things with text moving and shifting places, only served to remind me how easily this physical reality and our senses can be manipulated and that the only true existence is that of intelligence.

God I love those little guys

edit on 3-22-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

Also, it REALLY creeps me out about what you said concerning how this is entertainment....I ALWAYS at some point in my journeys get this pervading feeling that everything is literally a big joke or pun, I've even laughed hysterically when I thought on it. I feel like when I eat them I'm shown how everything is a sitcom and we're all just characters in it and almost like there should be a studio audience laughing and cackling in the background.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus
The biggest glitch I've seen was while watching a backhoe pick up dirt and drop it repeatedly, watching it without blinking repeat this process 3 or 4 times in the middle of the process the backhoe complete with driver/operator, the movie reel was cut, I blinked once, after the less than a second blink, the backhoe was in a different position, arm down, no longer carrying dirt, no operator, slightly muddier, saw a few days of the backhoe in the past, day or more of time was cut out and saw the present.

Glitch sounds like a bad word though, I would prefer to describe it as a temporary time-window naturally created by the universe.

Yes, this is where I stand on the matter.

I have these moments quite frequently.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Star for you, cause I kinda chuckled a bit

It could be true.

I looked for it. The thing was a bigger sob, so after crunching it, I wanted to make sure it was dead. I pulled away the book after smearing it a bit against the door and...nothing. No guts; not a wing. Not even a blemish on the book.

The bathroom was well lit; one of those smaller kinds that only makes room for the tub/shower, toilet, and sink w/lower cabinet. The floor and walls were all white, sealed tile. The edging around the sink, cabinet, and fixtures was sealed as well with grout. There was nothing for it - or anything else - to roll under or get caught in.

It looked like this:

Credit: bugguide.net...

Being unclothed, I searched frantically for the beast until it was reasonable to assume I would not accidentally step on it when I got out of the shower.

It may have flown, unseen, over or around me and into the toilet or other drain. But the situation, and my heightened awareness, while focusing on removing this stinging foe from my life leads me to believe I was hallucinating for reals, or it was something else.

Or I could be wrong.

edit on 22-3-2012 by obilesk because: wrong smiley

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Just goes to show what hollywood movies and an over-active imagination can do to someone. I often misplace my house keys only for them to turn up hours later in an area I had previously checked, is this a paranormal experience or a 'glitch'? No Just a lack of observation on my part. Same thing.

I'm sorry but I can't get on board with this theory there is a severe lack of evidence supporting it and a whole lot of speculation and fantasy, that funnily enough is involved in several very popular films.

However, if the bowl of fruit was observed by several people throughout the day and evidence was provided by your husband to prove he had ate the fruit then that would be a different story altogether.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
one of the stupidest topics i have ever read. A glitch in the Matrix really? Go get professional help. the fu@king matrix

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Billy Graham's not dead????
Exactly what I'm talking about. Ok, if time line shifts really accure then I must be in some kind of nexus or something. All through my life, and I've had heated arguments with my parents, my brother and a couple of close friends about certain facts that I knew were true..I KNEW were true and those facts, upon rechecking, were "changed". Ever seen the movie Dark City? Sometimes it kind of feels like that.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
This is all very weird, not because of the implications but because i too have had "changes" occur.

Some are very similar to what others have described. I'll share my own.

Last October while camping with some friends, a song came on the radio (friends mp3 player). It was an artist i hate, and was one i thought my girlfriend hated as well. In fact i recall us having conversations about how much we both didn't like her songs her singing ect. We would put this artists songs on youtube just to mess with each other because we knew it would annoy the other person.

At the camping trip, i remark "Oh god i hate this song" and my girlfriend says she actually likes it. One of the many songs we agreed we didnt like. I asked her "dont you hate so and so?" she says no, she actually likes her a lot. And says she thought i knew that already!!!

I was shocked. I kept trying to remind her of the times we shared our dislike and she just did not remember it going down that way.

While im beyond puzzled my other friend walks up and listens to our conversation. I jokingly say "I've switched realities, i've moved from one dimension to another its the only way" so he decides to test it.

He asks if i remember a few years ago when we would hang out 5-6 times a week, just every night usually. And if i recall us going into my back yard so he could smoke.

At this point i scream out in shock because the way i remember it was we would always go out in front of my house so he could smoke, and had only ever gone to the back a few times. But he recalls it near 100% of the time we'd go out back.

Little changes convince me that we move around.

I have also seen things that shouldn't be there.

Sometimes when i wake up in the middle of the night and my eyes are adjusting to lights in the hallway or bathroom or if i turn on the light in the bedroom i see a pattern in my vision. A textile like pattern of lights and colors, very faint. But its not organic, its almost digital in nature, perfectly spaced perfectly straight crisscrossing of lines like a computer monitor or something. I always watch it intently as it fades away.

I don't know if this supports a theory that we live inside a program or that these are the remaining energies of us moving over to another dimension. I can't say. All i know is things change, and when it's just changing for you, its easy to assume you are not remembering correctly but the times it happens to more than one person makes me wonder.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by baalbuster

Exactly!

Awesome. It's so strange how people can experience the same thing from them. This just solidifies my theory that they are a gateway to a higher intelligence and discovering the subjective truths of the universe.

I'll definitely send you a U2U sometime. I always love sharing stories.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by paradox

Awesome man! See you on the other side!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I'm in the middle of one of these unexplained experiences.

I used a sticky note pad yesterday to write down some information. The sticky note I wrote on is still stuck to my computer monitor, but the sticky note pad is gone. After I wrote the information down onto note, the sticky note pad was gone. I have no memory of what happened to it. I started looking for it right after I wrote the note, but never left my desk to give anyone the opportunity to take the notepad. The pen I used to write on the sticky note is still here, the note I wrote is still here and I can touch it, other sticky notes from the same note pad are still there... but the note pad has completely disappeared. I've looked everywhere in my office and it is just not present. Perhaps it will turn up soon. It's weird, I keep looking at the spot it is supposed to be and I "think" it is still there -- I even touched the space it's supposed to be at just in case it's invisible or something (hey, I'm not discounting any explanation at this point), but it is gone.

I wrote about another striking incidence of this that happened to me recently, with a pair of pants: www.abovetopsecret.com...
I eventually found the pair of pants about a week later, folded neatly in my pajama drawer, right on top... even though I'd never found them in order to wash them, and I'd looked through the drawer immediately after they disappeared (from my hands, no less, AS I was walking to the clothes hamper) as well as a couple of days later.

These types of things have happened many times in my life. Some marked memories: (10 years ago) a driver's license that was in my bag one moment and gone another, turned up several weeks later in a very unlikely place; a children's book I spent a lot of time making by hand as a class project and was quite proud of so saved in a safe place disappered and has never been seen again; a (9 years ago) I scanned a set of pictures of myself as a little girl to my computer to save, then the pictures disappeared and have never been seen again; the front of my car radio has been missing for like two years despite the fact that I made a point not to lose it during a move and used it after I moved from one apt to another and have moved another time since then... and have never been able to find it again...

I've always attributed it to absentmindedness or little elves following me around or something, because it happens all the time. Usually, the things that never turn up I just have the feeling that they are still there, but that I just can't see them. Bizarre.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

I think there should be quite a lot of time slips and odd deju vu's, as if something was altered, or another timeline reached, right about now. With the predictions of cycles of quakes and more all the cylones that have been "CREATED IMO", ie technology warfare.

Basically we have to rise above it, and I think this is exactly what we're doing right now. Having our own goals for a better future.

Make good plans, start to dream dreams of future, success, graceful living and healthy abundance for all. See all that needs doing to clean up the toxins done, the technology and hz/sine pulled out, and everything just healing up.

The dolphins thanking us and leaping for joy, the seeds all nicely heritage and healthy.

See technology coming out, clean technology but very advanced, and people motivated, happy, healthy and safe.

A world designed for every child to fulfill themselves, to develop their talents, not be forced into role playing someone else's dreams, but safe to be themselves and grow, explore, develop themselves.

A good world.

What that progress naturally without set backs.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join