Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

KFC - KENTUCKY FRIED CHICKEN OR CRUELTY

page: 1
2

log in

join

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
The video shows the care taken when KFC handles its mass produced chickens to support the species that sits ontop of the food chain.

* This is not for light heated if you feel you are sensitive to animal cruelty then do not click on play.











and the Golden Globe Award goes to ....drum roll please...!

edit on 21-3-2012 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)




posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I hate to say it but this goes for any chicken CAFO out there.

If you have a problem with animal cruelty, don't eat fast food.

If you care about your health, don't eat fast food.


Simple as that. We can't stop this from happening directly, but we can choose brands that align with our individual ethics. I won't buy meat that I don't know where it came from - so I eat local meat only.

I avoid fast food and have for a few years for the reasons listed above. I'm ok with eating animals, but I feel the animal that is giving it's life so I can have a meal should be treated with dignity and respect.

Do people actually eat KFC? I can't imagine a piece of chicken that's been sitting under heat lamps for 1/2 a day could be that great...



posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Heartwrenching and terrible.

But I still eat chicken.

The way those chickens are bred and slaughtered is the direct result of the mass nutritional demand for their flesh, plain and simple.

Wish it weren't so, but it is.



posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus
 


Well said,

I added several more videos that i originally intended but i hit the return button and it was posted before i finished. I have purposely posted the videos in that specific order so i can see/read people's emotional state of mind.



posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
We will be getting chickens on our ranch for the first time this year. We are looking forward to getting both egg producers and fryers. I especially look forward to the taste of real chickens grown in a humane environment.

That said, KFC is the result of consumer demand. Consumers want their $1.99 lunch special with two pieces of chicken, a biscuit and a side. As inhumane, unhealthy as KFC is, I can't imagine any other way to accomplish this.

Our chickens will not come cheap. The chicks alone will cost $2-3 each. We need to build shelters for them that will cost several hundred dollars, although that should be a first-year cost mostly. Add in feed, water, and electricity and you'll start seeing the real cost of real food. I think it will be worth it. I hope so, anyway.



posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins
 

Star, flag, bump!
Kudos to Pam too for using her name to highlight the problem. Money is meaningless but to people who want it, so is animal (food) welfare. Chemical, hormone, anti-biotic and stress filled animals do not for a good meal make. It's been said before but most people just don't care. Sadly.



posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen
 

I can guarantee you the extra cost and effort will be worth it. Add some humane slaughtering to your equation (chopping the head off is not good) and you will never have tasted chicken so good and I'm happy to put my money where my mouth is on that even though I don't eat it anymore. If I could get guaranteed humane meat, I might consider it again but it's just not possible here, as you say due to market demands.

Good luck!



posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen
 

Add some humane slaughtering to your equation (chopping the head off is not good)
Good luck!


Honest question...what other methods are there for killing them? I don't plan to use any drugs on them, so that's not really an option as I don't want contaminated meat. Why do you say chopping the head off is not good?



posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen
 

I'm going to have to search for it but there was a great thread on animals started by ArMaP I think and I posted a video in there of a guy who took his time and did it in a very stress free way. I will PM ArMap and see if he can link me to the thread again as it was so long ago that it's not in my history (ATS or browser anymore). One at a time, upside down in a special container where they couldn't flap around and a single slice to the neck to release all their blood is all I can remember.
ETA Their brains are also (?) or at least not just in their heads so cutting the head off with an axe leaves them running around, stressing and flapping and producing much harmful toxins. I'll get back to you when ArMap responds. K?
edit on 21/3/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA


ETA Found it! (Who said the search machine doesn't work?)
I won't embed it but here is the link
www.youtube.com...
It seems better to me at least than the traditional method. Good luck and if anyone knows better or different, please chime in!
edit on 21/3/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA



posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus
I hate to say it but this goes for any chicken CAFO out there.

If you have a problem with animal cruelty, don't eat fast food.

If you care about your health, don't eat fast food.



Pretty much this. Similar vids could be posted about the treatment of cattle or hogs in factory farms. A number of factors (increased demand, always looking for low cost, etc, etc) have led to the rise of factory farms and the methods shown in the video. A similar vid could be made about McDonalds, or any of the others.

Its a long way from what farming used to be - and not for the better.

Seriously, if you oppose this vote with your wallet. Don't frequent them and buy your meat from a local merchant / sources if you can. You may a pay a little more - but it will be healthier meat, you'll be healthier and you aren't supporting the practices in the vids.



posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen
 

I'm going to have to search for it but there was a great thread on animals started by ArMaP I think and I posted a video in there of a guy who took his time and did it in a very stress free way. I will PM ArMap and see if he can link me to the thread again as it was so long ago that it's not in my history (ATS or browser anymore). One at a time, upside down in a special container where they couldn't flap around and a single slice to the neck to release all their blood is all I can remember.
ETA Their brains are also (?) or at least not just in their heads so cutting the head off with an axe leaves them running around, stressing and flapping and producing much harmful toxins. I'll get back to you when ArMap responds. K?
edit on 21/3/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA


ETA Found it! (Who said the search machine doesn't work?)
I won't embed it but here is the link
www.youtube.com...
It seems better to me at least than the traditional method. Good luck and if anyone knows better or different, please chime in!
edit on 21/3/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA


Thanks! That metal cone is genius. Sounds like the death is a bit slower as the blood drains out, but a lot less stress for the animal and human.



posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs
Seriously, if you oppose this vote with your wallet. Don't frequent them and buy your meat from a local merchant / sources if you can. You may a pay a little more - but it will be healthier meat, you'll be healthier and you aren't supporting the practices in the vids.


A word of caution: Local does not always mean better. The same processes can be used in your area as across the country. Buyer beware, know what you're getting and paying for. I've seen people go to Walmart and buy cases of produce to take to their local farmers' market to sell. Sad times we live in.

The reason KFC does what they do is because that's what consumers want. It may not be what they "say" they want, but it is what they are willing to pay for. Unfortunately, a better product will be more expensive.

But all hope is not lost. There are small farms and ranches scattered around the country. Hardly any are advertised and mostly produce food for their family and close friends. Get to know and support your local farmer. It's the only way to be sure of what you're getting.

Until our flock is developed later this spring, we buy eggs from our neighbor at $2 per dozen. They are all different sizes and colors, but taste great.



posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen
 

I'd pay 5 times what it costs now if I could be sure, really sure, in my head any my heart that the animal had a good life, good conditions, organic food and caring workers, along with a humane death. Unfortunately I can't so I abstain purely from principle. I like meat, I just refuse to eat it now. People look at me weird but hey, I get them thinking for at least a moment. There's worse things in life than being a well-meaning weirdo too.


Holland's supermarkets have what they call the "plof kip", the flop chicken. Weak, unable to stand under its own strength, full of growth hormones, antibiotics (as the conditions it is forced to live in are basically unsanitary) and it grows way too quickly. Meat production. Baaah!

Good luck with yours and maybe you could make a thread when the time comes to show people how to do it differently.

edit on 21/3/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Correction



posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
not to be cruel or anything, this just made me hungry for some KFC original recipe.



posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by mustangill
not to be cruel or anything, this just made me hungry for some KFC original recipe.


I also enjoy eating chicken but somehow when you view the production line it brings a grey shade to what you enjoy eating. The same could be said about anything and everything we eat. We are so detached from how that meat or chicken or fish reaches our plate that when we are shown the methods we tend to quickly look the other way.





new topics

top topics



 
2

log in

join