It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I told you non believers that DARPA was working on this...THIS IS REAL! (from the Dept of Homeland S

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
And you thought the coming neighborhood watch with drones patrolling was bad how about military style "cop bots"

www.homelandsecuritynewswire.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

I think the Drones & Camera's
will be enough for the near future...

Robo Cop not so much

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by strokker

A whole generation is already trained and ready for this kind of technology thanks to video games
like CoD and Battlefield and Halo. They see war like a video game already. Now it is a video game.
Interesting times. SnF.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Haha, we know...

Imagine these walking down the street, with weapons.

DARPA signed a defense contract with Boston Dynamics a year or two ago, for this very prototype.

Biped.

In this video it gives a three MPH limit. I just read an article stating that they have hit 4.5 MPH, sustained running.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by spoonbender

I think the Drones & Camera's
will be enough for the near future...

Robo Cop not so much

This is one of my favorite scenes in scifi movie history.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I kind of like these robots better. They seem more gentle or maybe it's the new age music they used. lol

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
It is, however, an automatic win-win for the conspiracy crowd.

The issue at hand is that of power. These systems require copious amounts of power to operate for any length of time. Anyone with a smart phone can tell you that there is never enough power for mobile devices.

This leads to one of two outcomes. First (and most probable) is that these designs will be horribly limited, from a logistical sense, and can be effectively controlled by the seizing and/or destruction of key power grid assets used by these devices to replenish their power.

Second is that the rumored free energy devices that will end all of society's problems will finally be unveiled and used in such power-intensive mobile devices. Leaks to the free market with any meaningful production run will be unavoidable - and while a robo-war may ensue; no clear victor will be established while the population is still able to enjoy mythical free energy devices.

I really don't see a down side, here.

new topics

top topics

join