It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nokia patents a tattoo that vibrates when you get a call

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
This is beyond weird. I did a search and didn't get any hits, so please disregard if this has been posted already.

So, it appears that Nokia doesn't want anybody to ever miss a call. All they have to do is get this awesome tattoo on the top of their hand and it will vibrate when a call is incoming.

www.orlandosentinel.com...

According to the patent filed with the United States Patent and Trademark Office, the phone would communicate with the tattoo through magnetic waves. The phone would emit magnetic waves and the tattoo would act as a receiver. When the waves hit the tattoo, it would set off a tactile response in the user's skin.

The patent also suggests that it would be possible to customize the physical response depending on who is calling -- similar to having a different ring tone for different family members. So if your husband calls, you might only feel a dull tingling, but if it's your teenage daughter calling you'd feel a mighty itch.

(Please visit the link for a drawing of the tattoo)

Yeah. Thanks, but no thanks.
Getting all my calls is not that important to me. I dream of the past when you can go out without an electronic leash on. I'm sure this tattoo also has tracking technology, too. Plus, what happens if you don't want to be a Nokia customer anymore? If you switch to At&T, do you have to have the Nokia tattoo covered up with one from AT&T? What if you don't want the vibrating tattoo anymore? Can it be removed or do you have to chop you hand off?

So, what say you, ATSers? Would you get one of these?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
that's probably one of the dumbest things ever heard of!

No..I would never get something like that..I can't imagine this making it very far with consumers..but they are pretty dumb so who knows?

I hardly ever take my phone with me when I leave the house..I never understood why people are so "connected" to their phone...what's so important..?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
To me, it's another step in getting people to accept implantable devices.

I don't actually think they'll get this up and running, it's just too narrow and stupid.

But the fact that it's on the mainstream news is another reason I think they are brainwashing more morons into accepting terrible technology that will one day enslave us.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
The thought of what sinister activities can be done with this device crosses the mind? Interesting OP snf

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
OMG! this is for real?!!! if so it truly is the begining of the mark of the beast!!
this is horrible

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Okay, I'll say it first:

Do you get to pick the spot on your body to put this vibrating tattoo?

That is all.
As you were....

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Seeing that most people have phones "glued" to their ears...
I would imagine that some people would get this new tattoo.

As for me, no thanks.
I'm already 3 steps away from completely eliminating my cell phone.
All this connectivity is driving me insane.
Missed a text? Someone is mad.
Missed a call? Someone is pissed.
Missed a text and a call? Oh you better run! Someone is furious!

I don't need to be constantly connected.
It becomes a major irritant after prolonged use.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

Totally on the same page.

I turned my voicemail off several months ago, so when you call my phone it just rings several times, then a recorded voice comes on and says "caller not available at this time"

Funny thing was, it took me almost an entire morning to get my voicemail disabled on my phone. I had to call the phone company and talk to 3 or 4 different people (suffering through several minutes of elevator music while on hold in-between each person I spoke with), each person being in total disbelief or confusion over my desire to have my voicemail disabled.

If I were to get this tattoo (which I absolutely would not even consider), I could totally never use the "I left my phone in my purse" or "my phone wasn't charged" excuses anymore for not answering phone calls.....

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Glad to hear that there're no takers.

To the poster who mentioned if you get to choose where the tat goes....

I think this is also one step towards the mark of the beast and getting us to accept implantable devices. This technology is right in line with the transhumanist agenda. I hope most people would reject this tech, but we'll soon see when it finally hits the market. I'm wondering if Nokia is going to have doctors or tattoo artists placing the tattoo on the customer.

I do see that it can be demagnetized, but what happens when you go through metal detectors at the airports and everywhere else they're going to be positioning anti-terrorist task forces? What happens if you have to have an MRI?
I'm sure you'd just feel as though your hand is on fire. Nothing to worry about.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

Yeah, I can envision guys getting the tat on their members and calling themselves all day. Certainly a way to get back some market share that they've lost over the years. Well played Nokia, well played.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unrealised
To me, it's another step in getting people to accept implantable devices.

Exactly what I was thinking. I can also see them touting the "wonderful" security features of implantable phones such as always being able to locate your children, etc. One thing I've always wondered is if and when they start implanting phones such that they're invisible, then how do you tell the difference between crazy people and people who are just talking on the phone, LOL!
Bluetooth devices make it hard to tell already.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
After reading the article, though there is something else in the article that is straight out of sci fi,
doing a sticker that would do the same time, kind of reminds of me of B5 and the communicators that they wore on the back of their hands.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
This tattoo technology reminds me of this guy from 2006.
seattletimes.nwsource.com...

In each hand, between his thumb and index finger, is a microchip implant, which he can use to open doors to his apartment and car and sign on to his computer.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

Yeah I just spotted this in my local paper and the 'Mark of the Beast'was the first thing I thought, the second was 'has this been posted on ATS yet'. Not sure if the average person would want one, but I imagine as more people get them more will follow....sounds like the iPhone. As for me I wonder what else could they do with this technology, such as tracking people since it is a magnetic ink.

The application described an ink enhanced with magnetic compounds used to make visible or invisible images "attached to the skin".

I think it has the possibility of getting acceptance which is the scary thing. And once a large majority perceive it as common place who knows what sinister applications it could be used for.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I wouldn't get one and phonecalls aren't important to me, it's what the missed call list is for. At least it's what I use it for

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
The phone would emit magnetic waves and the tattoo would act as a receiver. When the waves hit the tattoo, it would set off a tactile response in the user's skin.

As soon as I read the part about the tattoo and the phone communicating with "magnetic waves", I knew this was a load of hogwash.
Anybody care to show me a device that can generate "magnetic waves" ... let alone incorporate such a device into a phone AND a skin tattoo.

Also, I checked the patent itself and guess what ... NO mention of "magnetic waves" at all

ETA: Just rechecked the patent again and NO mention of tattoo's or either of the words vibrate and vibrating !
edit on 23/3/12 by tauristercus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
A little scary to say the least! What happens if a whole new technology arises, eliminating the need for the phone as we know it? Either way, it seems that biotechnology is slowly creeping into our every day...

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cyberdaz
A little scary to say the least! What happens if a whole new technology arises, eliminating the need for the phone as we know it? Either way, it seems that biotechnology is slowly creeping into our every day...

Cyberdaz ...

Stop worrying as it just appears to be a fake story.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
"This is a stick up, give me your wallet your phone and..... im gunna need you to peel some of your skin off too, sorry dont blame the player blame the game, now wheres my shiny knife"

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
would the magnetic tattoo be used to buy and sell goods, or shaped like "666" by any chance? you can count me out.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join