It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Secret Service Confirms New Power Over Free Speech: (total B.S!!!!)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

US Secret Service Says No Anti-Obama Rallies Allowed!

March 20, 2012, 11:28 am: Over the weekend I received an email from my local TEA Party Director that Barack Hussein Obama would fly into Carlsbad, NM airport on Wednesday 21 March, in order to “make an appearance at the South Easter NM oilfields.” However, apparently after hearing that an immediate anti-Obama rally had been planned, Obama and his entourage changed the landing location to Roswell, NM… a city 77 miles from Carlsbad.

we decided to contact the United States Secret Service to verify that the agency did in fact have the authority to determine who could or could not attend a public function on public property held by Barack Obama. We were told the following:

“We were sent a memo after the recent signing of the Federal Restricted Buildings and Grounds Improvement Act of 2011, advising we now had the authority to deny anyone access to any public event held by the President or Vice President. Prior to President Obama’s signing of HR 347 the Secret Service did not have any involvement in deciding who could or could not participate in any public function on public property by the President. Prior to HR 347 being signed the Secret Service only screened and approved or denied people for “ticketed” events which were designed for invited or ticketed guests only.”

The Federal Restricted Buildings and Grounds Improvement Act of 2011

This abominable legislation enjoyed overwhelming support from both political parties in Congress because the establishment loves power, fears dissent and hates inconvenience, and it doesn’t give a damn about the Constitution. It passed the Senate by unanimous consent, and only three members of the House voted against it. And the president signed it in secret.

volokh.com...

Source: www.lsnewsgroup.com...

See, when this first came out a few weeks ago-the news on the law-I really didn't think anything of it. But, with this story and some other recent events, it makes sense. Obama is avoiding confrontation or disagreement etc with the people. No photo ops etc. He has boxed himself into such a small acceptance group that I don't think he can save himself.

If it was for a corrupt and dishonest Main Stream Media covering for Obama and this mess he calls his Legacy
He would have been impeached about a year and 1/2 ago-IMO.

If the SCOTUS overturns Obamacare totally, he is toast. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

And, keep your ears open. If you hear Obama and/or Company is coming to a town near you, ORGANIZE and ADVERTISE you are going to be there and Just Maybe... Obama will decide to go somewhere else. One can hope.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
notice how romney is the same, avoids any run-ins with crowds that actually asks important questions, hides behind his security, his latest google+ conference had only people on it that loved him. no important questions were asked.

look at ron paul...happily talks to anyone.
edit on 21-3-2012 by jazzguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jazzguy

That is a very interesting observation.

I wonder if Paul would pick this idea up and run with it.

He needs to expose and yell more.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

You don't remember the controversy when Bush ran the second time about people being turned away from his rallies who were wearing tee shirts with messages that security didn't like? Or the restricted McCain rallies? And columnists (newspeople, folks) being denied access to Cheney speeches?

Really?

I've seen these "Tea Party newsletters" before and they manufacture fear and outrage by reporting whatever Obama's doing and not mentioning that it's been done by others and may, in fact, be a standard practice that was started by Republicans.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
So much for "1st Ammendment Rights" and our right to redress of grievances. Why won't people just wake up already!?!? The Constitutional Republic is dead. Pure Capitalsim has been replaced by crony capitalism driven by oligarchs/plutarchs/meritarchs and aristocrats. If we do not storm the castle now, we will never be able to.

This is a horrible thing to watch - the slow death of a once-great nation.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
And while I'm at it, let's do some fact checking.

The "Federal Restricted Buildings and Grounds Improvement Act of 2011" was started by a Republican senator and appears to be aimed at people entering federal buildings during business hours to commit crimes -- and is a clarification of a bill that's been around for at least 30 years (and you can't blame Obama for a bill that's 30 years old. Nor can you blame him for the correction here, since it was initiated by Rep. Thomas Rooney [R-FL16] (Republican representative of the House.)

The President is, in fact scheduled to be in Carlsbad AND Roswell.

He appears to be taking Air Force One there. The protestors (if any) are "anti-lizard protestors" and are demonstrating about environmental issues (listing a lizard on the endangered species act) and as far as I can tell, there's fewer of them than there were anti-Obama protestors in San Francisco.

So -- bottom line. He's visiting both places by jet. Apparently a group (small) is attempting to collect to protest about putting a lizard on the EPA list. The bill cited is a clarification of an older bill and was initiated by a Republican senator. Obama simply signed what the Republicans put through.

Your email source is in serious need of a fact checker.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Repeat after me... I AM FREE!!!

Nope still not working on me haha

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

What they need to wake up to is the concept of "double check the facts on anything." The email is an attempt to use fear and outrage and works as long as you don't look up the bill and look up news reports on the campaign stops and news reports on who the protestors are and the expected size of the protest.

Let's deny ignorance and use something other than partisan sites for our fact checking. TV news sites from the cities involved work just fine if you don't trust the mainstream media.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Indellkoffer

I don't give a rat's A** WHO circulated the original idea. it is treasonous and has no place in a Constitutional Republic!

See the real problem here is people like YOU - more concerned of who did what first instead on focusing on the actual WHAT! When are you going to realize and admit that Republicans are Democrats and Democrats are Republicans and ALL are liars and thieves!?!?

Focus on the WHAT - not the who!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Please stop making sense..... You scared everyone away......

Good job. People are willing to give up something when they don't think it will cost them anything.

And, there goes the USA......

2012 is going to be interesting... one way or another..

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Yep, just keep your eyes closed and heads in the sand.

This thing has nothing to do with you....

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
hooray for taxation without representation!

Looks like they want us to have another American revolution

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

It is really pathetic that you are on such a rage campaign that all you can come up with is: who cares who wrote it and what their agenda is.

Seriously?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

HR 347: One more step towards Neo-Feudalism globalguerrillas.typepad.com...

In feudal times, you could be put to death if you didn't kneel when the carriages of the nobility passed by. This is a step in that direction (although very few people care).
This new bill, about to be signed by the President, is called the Federal Restricted Buildings and Grounds Improvement Act of 2011 . It is not as innocent as its name.

Essentially, it makes it a federal offense to be anywhere near, from being in the area or in the same building, somebody protected by the secret service. That's from the President to candidates for political office (Romney or Santorum) to senior government officials to foreign dignitaries (G20). In other words, lots and lots of people.

While being sold as a way to close a loophole in the current law regarding White House security, it is actually much more than that. It changed one word that made a world of difference. What's the difference?

To be arrested and imprisoned, all you need to do is be the same building or area around a person that has secret service protection. You don't even need to know you are breaking the law to be arrested and imprisoned. If you are merely walking in an area "secured" for a person being protected, you can be legally jailed for up to one year. If you are carrying something that can be seen as a weapon (legally or not), that imprisonment can be extended to ten years.

In short, if you are within the same building or neighborhood being secured to protect a political or foreign personage without their expressed permission, you can be imprisoned.

but some will continue to bleet "aw give it a rest with the conspiracy/paranoid stuff"
as they meekly allow themselves to be led to the slaughter house.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

I agree the time for action has been at hand, but we the people still bend over and take what we receive.
2nd line.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Excellent response.

Yes, I am afraid a good bit of the US population are at the doors of the slaughter house already..... Lined up at the food pens.... Someday... the food will stop coming.... then what.

Start Prepping--if you haven't already.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Disgraceful.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Thank you Loam. I didn't see this video until today.

Look at the Judge and the seriousness of his reply and concerns.... Should worry everyone.

The fingers of tyranny are around our throats.

new topics

top topics

join