It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon predicts Israel will drag US into war with Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Pentagon predicts Israel will drag US into war with Iran

www.belfasttelegraph.co. uk

Classified war games conducted by the Pentagon have sketched a scenario in which an attack by Israel on Iran's suspected nuclear facilities would lead to Tehran launching a counter-strike against a US ship in the Gulf. That in turn would drag a reluctant US into a fresh war in the Middle East.

The results of the simulation, meant primarily to test co-ordination and communications between the various arms of the US military in the event of a flare-up with Iran, were reported by The New York Times.

Read more: www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I don't think the news above will be Earth Shattering to anyone but the most naive, but it has to be said that this report leaves little doubt about The United States getting Involved If Israel decides to go it alone and bomb the Iranian nuclear facilities.

It makes me wonder if the "False Flag" fraternity might be right about the US Enterprise, being a sacrificial lamb.

In other news, I not sure yet if Israel will go it alone.. I am erring on the side that they will not.

If you look at the situation subjectively and consider hypothetically that Iran
has the "Bomb", then why would Iran destroy Israel........... They would most definitely be destroyed themselves, and they would also be destroying Palestine. So we wait and see.

www.belfasttelegraph.co. uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 21-3-2012 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
If you think the Persians care one little bit about the Palistineans or Arabs for that matter think again.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Wow a "reluctant" U.S. response, in the famous words of g w bush, "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice well you just can't be fooled again." When has the war machine ever been reluctant to invade and occupy a middle east country sitting on vast oil reserves?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Isn't this a little like MACY'S broadcasting predictions for a busy shopping season ahead.
It should be a helluva Black Friday.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
The title of the article is misleading. The U.S. ran a war games scenario, whereby Iran responded to an Israeli attack by attacking an American ship and killing 200+ sailors. In that event, the U.S. would retaliate against Iran.

If Iran (like Syria and Iraq before them) elected to absorb the blow...or took some measured action against Israel itself...the U.S. might/or might not get involved.

To state that the Pentagon is "predicting" that Israel "will" drag the US into war with Iran...does not accurately reflect what is written in the article following...or reality.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

I don't think this is really new news. I think most of that have been following this ongoing development are aware that if Israel goes to war America will be right behind them.

The thing is America has been working, despite what they may say, very hard with Israel to plan this war and their quick and swift victory. If right or wrong that's a different issue altogether.

America may play only a small part until Iran attacks Israel in retaliation, then America will step up. I'm not taking sides here, just stating what I think will happen.

-SAP-
edit on 21-3-2012 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Wonder, what would happen if Israel attacked today/tomorrow, considering it is new moon time. Perfect phase to enter Iran. Then of course, they could stage the attack on the USS Enterprise, then BAM, war.
edit on 21-3-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I'm not surprised at the war games simulation or the results of it.

What really upsets me is that we'll still leave a ship off the coast of Iran for them to attack.

Which changes the result of the simulation from Iran provoking war, to the US allowing itself to get dragged into war.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
My worst fear.I pray this scenario does not come to pass.Lord knows where it will end.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Boy I bet it took a dozen West Point trained generals a week of calculating to figure that one out

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
My dog knew that a month ago...he's pretty sharp and all but...well..it's kinda obvious

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Why are iranians such a hostile nation ?

Because if Israel strikes Iran...guess what, Iran RETALIATES against US.I mean...it is OBVIOUS that US is allied with Israel...but Israel ONLY strikes Iran.

Damn those religious nutcase iranians.Bomb them.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
If a US ship is attacked,
then the US has to defend
itself.. Lets hope IRAN
is not that stupid..

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Recollector

Well if Israel attacks Iran then they will attack back on Israel then you will see America use their aircraft carrier to bomb the living hell out of them. Iran will be hit from both directions, air and sea. This war prolly won't be a ground soldier, boots on the ground kind of war. That's my prediction

-SAP-

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
The only reason I can come up with for Iran attacking the US as their response to an attack by Israel, would be to force the US to be publicly alligned with Israel in a war against Iran with the hopes that other countries will view the joint US/Israeli front as a good reason to sign with Iran.

Of course, if they are dumb enough to attack us in retaliation, they better hope that the nations they are hoping will join them, do so quickly because I can't see how we'd go slow with our response to any form of attack against the US or US interests overseas.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
sounds great, get the ships out problem solve

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
WE have 4 carriers over there,the Brits have one and all of Saud for land based stuff ... Can you say carpet bomb?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I am not surprised by this at all.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
What's with the quoting of MSM propaganda crap.
The talking mouths have said that Israel will attack Iran for the 20th time now over so many years and people just take the garbage and go crazy with it.
Besides, it's the U.S. that decides if Israel attacks Iranian nuke positions since they need U.S. bombs to try to do it..
If the U.S. gives them the ordnance, the attack is on; if not, Israel doesn't attack.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join