It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French police surround suspect in Toulouse shootings

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
POLICE ARE IN THE FLAT NOW, according to French TV.

We should know soon what has happened to this plank.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Alot of sources reporting they have taken out the suspect after a very intense firefight..

sky news, le monde, etc..

Edit: 3 policemen have been injured and 1 seriously is the latest news..
edit on 22-3-2012 by Elexio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Elexio

Aye, BBC quoting the French Police saying he is now dead..

Got his wish then, muppet...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

unfortunatly he seems to be getting his wish too by trying to take out the police..

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Elexio

Yeah, 3 injured, one seriously.

Hope he doesn't become another victim...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
This whole thing smell like a false flag organised by France-US-Israel

300 police man surrounding the building .. WTH
only 2-3 swat teams of 5 cops for each team would have been enought

This is RIDICULOUS
they have evacuated the entire area

The suspect barricaded for 30 hrs
Police have the orders to capture him alive

I think something really bad will happen soon
Like a big explosion .. wondering why they need so many cops
they need victims in a false flag

Maybe the bomb is not assemble yet or it didnt detonate correctly (the few bangs)
they need that false flag to be perfect (far to be perfect so far)
what sarkozy need and what Israel need is a big explosion
and blame it on Assad or Ahmadinejad for a new war in the ME

It certainly smells to me....

Not sure why but it just seems odd.

Jihadist terrorist....killed without being able to talk.

Islam Islam...

Terror terror...

Same old same old.

Maybe that's what it is... but just seems odd is all.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

It certainly smells to me....

Not sure why but it just seems odd.

Jihadist terrorist....killed without being able to talk.

Islam Islam...

Terror terror...

Same old same old.

Maybe that's what it is... but just seems odd is all.

To be fair. They gave him nearly two days to surrender, they gave him access to a phone and he spoke to the police and media. He wasn't silenced.

From all accounts it seems he hid himself away in a bathroom, the police broke into the apartment and did a sweep, they hadn't hear anything from him for four or five hours, so they assumed he had killed himself based on earlier reports of gunshots.

Apparently he then burst out of the bathroom and opened fire on the assault team and then tried to escape via a window. It is unclear whether the fall killed him, or whether he died as a result of a police shooting.

I think the police wanted him alive, but the sick, selfish militant decided to end his life.

Four injured and seven dead victims.

I'm just worried that this piece of filth will become a martyr for other retarded maniacs.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Sorry mate, but as the saying goes.....'If it walks like a duck........' etc.

And as you say, 'same old same old'.......what does that tell us?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Well yeah.... I haven't really been glued to it to be honest, so you;re probably right.

But if it was a christian guy... it would just be a guy who's shooting people and threatening police.

Raoul Moat was just a guy... not a Christian Fundamentalist ya know?

Maybe this guy was an absolutely crazed Islamic Fundamentalist Terrorist...

Maybe he was just a nutter who wanted to kill people and his religion has no bearing on it?

I dunno.

*shrugs*

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Yeah you're probably right.

I just wonder why religion only comes into it when It's a Muslim Fundamentalist..

Never when anyone else kills.

Derek Bird the Baptist killer.... NOPE... just a nutty old taxi driver.

It always has to be a religious angle when someone is middle eastern, that's all I'm saying.

The US soldier who killed those kids and women in Afghanistan wasn't portrayed as a crazed Christian Fundamentalist.. but had it been the other way around, it would have been

We're so used to it and the media has done it for so long... that now people were already saying it was a Muslim before anyone had even thought of a suspect.

That, to me, is pretty dangerous.... and scary
edit on 22/3/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

In some ways I agree, some muslims do get persecuted for their religion.

But in this case at least, this guy did go to Pakistan / Afghan for training in Jihadic warfare and such. He DID deliberately target jewish people and soldiers.

He also claimed his killing of the children was to highlight the plight of Palestinian children being killed - but it in no way excuses his crimes.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

Confirmed. The police did kill him.

It had been unclear how the gunman died, but prosecutor Francois Molins confirmed in a news conference that he had been killed by a shot to the head by a police marksman as he tried to flee.

Mr Molins said Merah was wearing a bullet-proof jacket and had fired 30 bullets as the commandos broke in.

Now what though?

Did he upload the slayings of the children? Will the people who supplied him with guns n ammo also be prosecuted?

I also heard the police found explosives in his brothers car too.
edit on 22-3-2012 by mr-lizard because: typo

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

But in this case at least, this guy did go to Pakistan / Afghan for training in Jihadic warfare and such. He DID deliberately target jewish people and soldiers.

Indeed, they're saying that he had links etc.

But weren't the 3 soldiers he killed of North African origin? I wonder what their religion was... although I suppose that doesn't really matter, Muslims are targeted more than anyone else but Islamic Terrorists anyway.

Such a shame man... what a wanker this guy was.
edit on 22/3/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Glad the standoff has ceased, and the killer is dead. No more harm for the people of Toulousse, hopefully for a while.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I just wonder why religion only comes into it when It's a Muslim Fundamentalist..

Yeah, I see that......maybe because most Christian killers are either nominal or lapsed Christians at best and don't dedicate all their killings to 'God' whereas a lot of these Muslim killers scream their obedience to Allah and claim they are carrying out these acts in protest at some perceived injustice or insult, rightly or wrongly, to the Muslim world or Allah himself.

Was the US soldier who massacred them Afghani's a devout Christian?
Was he screaming Jesus's name as he was slaughtering people?
Was Christianity or some interpretation of it's teachings his alleged reason for it or was it a perceived insult to the Christian world and / or Church etc?

Same goes for Derek Bird.

To be honest, I can't really recall any similar sort of killings being carried out in recent years by people using Christianity as a excuse or cause etc, though I'm sure there must be and people will be quick to let me know.

However, having said all that, I am also well aware that it can be, and possibly is being, exaggerated and manipulated by MSM to demonise all Muslims.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I think there's a few cases in America in the bible belt where extremist Christians attack or murder abortionists and such, but it's less reported and I imagine less frequent than people killing for Islam.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

None of the "Christian" examples you cite ever used Religion as an excuse for their rampages, whereas this chap did.. Hence why he is being called an "Islamic extremist".

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I think you are right there, and MSM reports them as Christian Fundamentalists.

Fortunately we don't seem to have much a problem with that at present, however, I do know that the Christian right are very much becoming more and more prominent.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

As for the soldiers, it mattered not where they were from, but rather the unit they belonged to.

In an ironic twist of fate, the first soldier killed had a mutual friend with the killer, who saw him the day after he killed his friend. The killer said to him "Do you know you're talking to an Angel?" He didn't know what he meant until today.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Stumason and Freeborn

You're both right, consistently murders in Islamic communities almost always seem to based around (possibly warped) ideologies of Islamic belief - Jihad, honour killings etc - whereas killing in the name of other religions seems slightly more isolated.

I know in India there's sometimes cases of Hinduistic atrocities or skirmishes between Hindu's / Sikh's / Muslims / Christians - but it's generally killing in the name of Islam or Allah or such is often the most cited.

I can't ever remember anyone killing in the name of Jesus. God perhaps, but never often Jesus.

It's a sad world sometimes.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join