It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taser Shockwave. If you cant kill one fast enough, there's always this!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Recently in Australia, there has been a case where a 21 year old Brazilian tourist was tased by 3 police and died. From what I have read (it's been a little erratic) he allegedly took a sandwich from a shop, and was chased. as he was on the ground, he was yelling "Please help me".

But he died. And it has become a diplomatic issue here, but this is not the intent of my post.

After the news item on the tv just now, combined in the same story, they reveal to us that there have been tests on a version of the taser called the "Taser Shockwave"

it looks like this.

I am not sure if this is old news on ATS as I noticed articles from 2009 on old news blogs but I've never seen one here and never read of one here.

So while almost everywhere Tasers are used, there are unfortunate deaths or situations where the device is not used as a defense measure, but as a pain compliance weapon. And in almost all cases where a Taser makes news, it is used repeatedly, and often without necessity; just the pure laziness of the officer.

So, skip this video to 0.40 seconds or so if you don't care about the dead 21 year old Tourist here, murdered for a sandwich, and come to the understanding that they've decided 1 taser can be lethal, therefore it's time to implement an array of them for maximum 'unintended' lethal conflict resolution.

edit on 21-3-2012 by mainidh because: Sydney not WA, edit to reflect.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
gotta love Australian Logic LOL. so they decided 3 tasers at once wasnt enough. great

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
It's old news...crowd control on steroids

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy
gotta love Australian Logic LOL. so they decided 3 tasers at once wasnt enough. great

One of the devices was labelled something along the lines of an area security device or something. Which to me means, it's a device built to specifically and blindly shoot into an area where people are. So, 1 person can get hit 5 times, and 4 others still free to whatever they want. The one 5 with 5 barbs, in this hypothetical, is not in a good situation.

I just cannot believe that with all the crap coming out about taser misuse and unreliable outcome, that they are developing ways to throw more electricity at people... I mean, it's screaming to me that this is what they wanted.

Market a non lethal defense weapon and the public will love it. Oh if it happens to kill a few people here an there, well, Oops!

Hey, now that the public is used to hearing about lethal taser use, lets build a better one that shoots more at once!!! They've swallowed the non-lethal guff, and accept there will be fatalities.

ugh, oh well, where is that comet already!!!!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
There is more than 1 electric stun launcher company too..taser even has a free flying shotgun launched projectile...good for 30 yds and is a 30 sec ride ...being mad about the obvious wave of the future is a waste of energy

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
What they really need is to design a man-portable Tesla coil.

That'd do the trick.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Well,with The Wave in play I don't see any soccer hoodlums hanging around to burn a few cars and break any windows....prob wouldn't even have to fire the durn thing

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Ah, using the same mentality that bought us MetalStorm weapons systems. If you cannot launch as many projectiles as you would like to, why not add more barrels?

In all seriousness, the Tazer would be a grand less than lethal weapon, if it was always used correctly. Alas it does seem as if these things are being used in situations which do not warrant thier use. Mind you, that is not cause to remove them from the field. Lets face it, I could kill a man with a spoon or a chopstick if I wished to, but I do not do these things because I understand that they are wrong.

The problem is not with the technology being used, or even the insane gear being invented to do the same job in a more widespread manner. The problem is people. Its like driving, the car you drive can be as safe as a cheiftan tank, but if the nut holding the wheel is faulty, then its all going to hell in a handcart.

top topics

join