It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riddle me this Tesla Fans!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by prisoneronashipoffools

It's a matter of source and the level of sophistication of the technology. Let's say Tesla did make a device for pulling energy directly from the planet anywhere on the planet. If that device was simple to make then everyone would make one for their home and pull energy for their home right at the spot. It would be kind of like if you had a company selling bottled water but every single house had a fresh water well, why would they buy your bottled water? That is if the device actually did pull the energy from the cosmos as you say.

Just my opinion though.

That was kind of the point of the thread. As you know most don't have a fresh water well. And most don't have a Tesla energy machine powering their house.

The reality, is that most city water is more reliable than well water, and city power is much more reliable than a machine shown on Youtube but never actually proven to deliver results.

Well I apologize for using a bad analogy, because you seem to have missed the point of my post. The point is if such a device existed; pulling power from the cosmos, and if that device were not extremely complex or made using radioactive or rare materials, then anyone with a little technical know how would be able to build one and pull energy directly at the site. So, it would not be profitable in any way shape or form for the power companies; people getting energy directly from the cosmos at their house are not paying anyone for power, period. Also if power companies used such devices then people would begin to figure out how they work and make their own and then cut out the middle men; the power companies.

And I am not arguing that such a device has been discovered by Tesla or anyone else, just answering your first post, with the fact that if such a device were discovered that, A. it would not be profitable to the power companies and B. if the power companies or anyone else heard of such device they would do everything in their power to make sure no one knows how to build one of their own.

Which, was the point of your first post, not whether such a device exists, but if one did why it would not be profitable and the power companies wouldn't be using it. Which I think I addressed sufficiently.

I am sure you don't believe such a device exists and I don't necessarily believe it either, but the little game of "what if" you are playing, doesn't really help your argument. Because if you do say "what if" the device existed, then no it wouldn't be profitable and yes the power companies would try to suppress that knowledge, so it actually would lead credence to those who argue such devices are being suppressed and the whole point of your thread really doesn't make sense.

Anyway thanks for the reply.
edit on 22-5-2012 by prisoneronashipoffools because: typo

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

So, it would not be profitable in any way shape or form for the power companies; people getting energy directly from the cosmos at their house are not paying anyone for power, period. Also if power companies used such devices then people would begin to figure out how they work and make their own and then cut out the middle men; the power companies.

I stopped reading after the above lines.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I am sure you don't believe such a device exists and I don't necessarily believe it either, but the little game of "what if" you are playing, doesn't really help your argument. Because if you do say "what if" the device existed, then no it wouldn't be profitable and yes the power companies would try to suppress that knowledge, so it actually would lead credence to those who argue such devices are being suppressed and the whole point of your thread really doesn't make sense.

Tell me what the profit is on something that costs $1 to produce and sells for a hundred vs. something that costs $99 dollars and sells for $100.

It's like people forget basic math when talking about how corporations will lose profit.

"Oh but everyone can just make their own, so no one would have to pay high prices."

Nope.

Regulations, safety protocols, licensing and a number of other things can keep extremely cheap products to be sold at high prices.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

As I already said the water analogy was a bad one. That is why apologized for using it, but since you are continuing with it apparently I will debunk your use of it as not being applicable. The reason people buy bottled water is because there is a perceived difference or value between bottled water and water you get from the tap. The problem with power produced from the cosmos is, the power companies would have to make their power look special thus giving it perceived value like bottled water, but if the power from the cosmos powers your house and all your devices, there will be no perceived value in the power companies power so you may buy it, me and others with a brain will not, we will build or own device or get someone we know who can and get our power for free.

The fact is if such a device were possible there would be no profit in it. I am sorry you can not see that. The simple law of economics is supply versus demand sets the value and profit in everything; less supply vs more demand = greater profit, if the average person can get energy from the cosmos there will be no way for the power companies to control and limit the supply of energy, therefore no demand, therefore no profit.That is not simple math but it is simple economics. Unless you are suggesting that somehow the power of the cosmos would be limited, of course if that is the case we would have bigger problems, even if only the power companies had such devices. lol

As, far as companies selling such devices, there profit would be short lived, much like a company that started to make light bulbs that last for a hundred years, once they replace all the light bulbs their bulk of their business and profit would be done for at least a hundred years. So even building the devices would be a very limited profit venture.

But, go ahead keep believing it would be profitable, we will just have to agree to disagree, because I in no way see such a device ever being profitable and if I ran an energy company I would probably want to bury such a device; if it existed, as well.

Thanks for the reply.

edit on 22-5-2012 by prisoneronashipoffools because: typos

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I don't think that the problem was how to charge for it, the problem was whether to charge for it and it's my understanding that Tesla wanted to give this technology, along with the energy it harnessed, to the world for free. Basically, it was the same problem back then that is still the root cause of so many of the worlds problems today, namely GREED.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

The problem with power produced from the cosmos is, the power companies would have to make their power look special thus giving it perceived value like bottled water, but if the power from the cosmos powers your house and all your devices, there will be no perceived value in the power companies power so you may buy it, me and others with a brain will not, we will build or own device or get someone we know who can and get our power for free.

No. Number one, most ideas of "producing power from the cosmos" are absurd. There is nothing in this world/universe to suggest that any type of power production would be done without some type of waste product or technical process that involves complex manufacturing.

Complex manufacturing means control over how something is made, marketed and sold.

---

The water analogy is perfect. Because anyone can go get rain water for free (You pay for city water you realize?)

So is Coke and Pepsi, another analogy that shows that while there are many other types of cola available, there are two name brands that are more popular and more expensive than others.

---

Diesel fuel was much cheaper than gas at one time but not many common drivers used it. There is one that relates directly to energy.

---

Let's address the scenario specifically. You produce a unit that is capable of "getting energy from the cosmos" but that unit has to be manufactured. It has to meet requirements that will be set out by electrical engineering standards. The process will have to be understood and it will have to be certified to be safe because in the past there have been plenty of mistakes that led to the poisoning/sickness/deaths of many people.

So why is it hard to wrap your head around the concept of a company meeting all these requirements, producing their unit and selling it or creating a hub for power distribution?

The fact is if such a device were possible there would be no profit in it. I am sorry you can not see that. The simple law of economics is supply versus demand sets the value and profit in everything; less supply vs more demand = greater profit, if the average person can get energy from the cosmos there will be no way for the power companies to control and limit the supply of energy, therefore no demand, therefore no profit.

Strange, the water supply has been pretty good for most people yet some still spend money on water...

----

You assume that some made up device would be used by anyone, with no technical experience and no training whatsoever.

That something which "sucks energy from the cosmos" would be simply turned on like a microwave and allowed to do it's work. That seems mighty presumptuous.

Especially given that every power production means we have no leaves millions of tons of waste products and millions of tons of cancer causing fumes, gases and other materials. Not to mention radioactive material from nuclear.

Even the so called "green" energies are made in part with plastics which of course come from fossil fuel.

---

I'm curious how you believe some machine can simply be plugged into the universe, produce vast amounts of energy and leave nothing behind but smiling people. Oh and supposedly this was all found in 19th Century but no one figured it out since...
edit on 23-5-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by bonchoWhy couldn't it all be funneled into a central hub and distributed to people no different than any other electrical energy source? Seems profitable to me. Heck, transmission capabilities is one of the reason DC lost the battle for electrical current. So... Why not just use transmission lines and make a killing?

If the theory was sound, then you could just put a rod in your backyard and bypass any central control. So I think the ideaof the technology being suppressed is at least plausible.

I'm not sure exactly what kind of rod you would need but I don't imagine it being impossible for lay-people to make. Possibly with the help of a well informed friend.

My understanding is that it wasn't "pulling energy from the cosmos" but he believed that the earth's atmosphere was (or could be) electrically charged.
edit on 24-5-2012 by Cecilofs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
nanu nanu

Wardenclyffe was destroyed and the humans turned numb.

and yes Cecilofs, electrically charged radio waves not known to humans, tucked away only for few

edit on 5-6-2012 by MorkandMindy because:

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join