It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riddle me this Tesla Fans!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrinceDreamer
As far as I know, and I admit I may be wrong, but Tesla did not create a machine that magically pulled electricity out of the air for free, he found a way to transmit electricity through the air that could be harnessed, and used by everyone, a form of wireless delivery system for electrical energy, this is what Morgan stopped because you could not meter the energy or tell who was using it, hence not profitable.

That would be a fantastically inefficient way of distributing energy. That's why nobody did it.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Concerning the picture of jp: i guess the 'butcher knife' is the arm railing (not sure if proper term) of his chair, you can see he is seated, his left leg covers the lower part of that 'arm railing'.

In my views he was just another one of these greedy old bastards, and despised everything which he could not turn to money.

It s really sad, that even decades after tesla we still have no free energy, no wireless transmission and are still slaves of the Morgan banks and their greedy warmongering cabals.

S&F for the thread, as i give for every Tesla Thread.

Add: arm rest was the term i was looking for..
edit on 21-3-2012 by svetlana84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
If Tesla did develop some device that pulled energy out of the cosmos, why would it not be profitable?

Because you'd only ever have to buy one, and after that, you'd never have to pay money to an electric company again.

"He didn't like that. Not...one...bit. So, me watching, he takes to her with the knife, laughing while he does it."

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

Because you'd only ever have to buy one, and after that, you'd never have to pay money to an electric company again.

This is the thing: capitalists don't care about other capitalists. They just want to make all the money for themselves, and if everyone else goes bankrupt they don't give a crap. That's how it works.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by FatherLukeDuke

This is the thing: capitalists don't care about other capitalists. They just want to make all the money for themselves, and if everyone else goes bankrupt they don't give a crap. That's how it works.

Well... that's not entirely true...

Real capitalists prize the free market and the ability to succeed or fail on your own ingenuity... cronyists like Morgan, Edison, Westinghouse, etc thrive on destroying competition or stealing from others to enrich themselves...

Companies that don't make things that anyone wants should fail and go out of business... they shouldn't get subsidies to stay in business producing crap that people are then forced to buy... take the "compact fluorescent light bulbs" for example... I know plenty of people that have tried them... but no one that actually likes them... they burn out faster than regular bulbs despite the propaganda... the light itself is horrible... and they're ridiculously costly...

But hey... since no one wants them lets pass laws banning the bulbs people want and filter the money to companies that are paying us via lobbyists so that lobbyists keep paying us to subsidize crap that nobody wants...

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
well i cannot back this statement up at the moment so....

the fact is that only 3 percent of electricty produced actually gets used the rest is just lost in transmission.

so perhaps it might take alot of power to transmit into the atmosphere the real question is would it still do better then losing 97 percent in transmission.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Benevolent Adversary

the fact is that only 3 percent of electricty produced actually gets used the rest is just lost in transmission.

so perhaps it might take alot of power to transmit into the atmosphere the real question is would it still do better then losing 97 percent in transmission.

If it had actually been developed to it's full potential over the course of the last century it would be light years ahead of where we are technologically right now...

The easiest way to explain it is that if you came up with a battery that could be charged by wifi... you walk by hotspots all day so you would never have to actually plug anything in...

Tesla was developing methods for using lightning as a source of power generation and was responsible for the hydro electric capabilities at Niagara Falls... the man was simply the most brilliant of any generation ever... he invented the radio... he invented the telephone... cellular technology... remote controls... alternating current electricity... etc... of course others took credit for it all... but those who really care to know are aware that without Tesla none of our cars would run the way they do... and if not for cronyists we would have had "Jetson cars" by the 50's...

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by zeitgeistonwheels

It can not have a meter on it, so it is hard to charge for its use.

It's pretty hard to charge for the use of solar panels. Or windmills.

Na where ever you live just needs to driveby and notice then tax the hell out of you!!! Or enforce "building codes" and make it practically impossible to accomplish.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Benevolent Adversary

...it's not true?

Nonsense.

Transmission and distribution losses in the USA were estimated at 6.6% in 1997[10] and 6.5% in 2007

source: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
It is actually interesting... I've often wondered how much power one could get from a radio antenna mounted on their roof or perhaps circling their property with a wire. In this article it looks like the guy got about 30 watts from it. That may not sound like much, but if ya lived next door to a radar test site or FM tower it might go way higher than that. Think wide-band too.

'Energy-sucking' Radio Antennas, N. Tesla's Power Receiver

Anybody feel like sponsoring me to investigate? I am actually unemployed and have a dozen patents on a few things - plus a background in radar and... where's the money? JP?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
The problem was it was too easy to weaponise the technology.
Imagine every one being able to adapt their house hold items into red alert esq tesla towers zapping what ever got near enough
Plus then the military application by any nation
With the time we've had to develop the tech who knows what the potential power could be
So defences would have to be developed - very expensive defences
Then the shielding for infantry,armour,air and naval forces
Shielding and defences that would easily, eventually be literally overpowered

Or so the voices say

It is the same problem with most developing power techs
edit on 21-3-2012 by Neocrusader because: Auto

edit on 21-3-2012 by Neocrusader because: Auto

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SwissMarked

Why can't it have a meter on it?

Because you would have had to meter every device that was in use using the "free energy"... that would mean a meter on your fridge... your microwave... your toaster... your lights (that wouldn't need copper wire running to each which kills another industry as well as commodity trading)... and on and on and on...

As a means of transmission (over long distance), it is completely useless. As wireless transmission does not get anywhere near the efficiency of wired transmission over long distances.

So in other words, the idea was bunk from the get go.

Unless of course you claim that it was some way to harvest "free energy" in which case, it could be metered.
edit on 21-3-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

If Tesla did develop some device that pulled energy out of the cosmos, why would it not be profitable?

"He didn't like that. Not...one...bit. So, me watching, he takes to her with the knife, laughing while he does it."

No, the energy company can use that to generate electricity and sell it to people. What is so hard to figure out about that? Or are you one of those fancy people burning coal in your home to outwit the evil energy folk that burn it and sell it to the rest of us?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Why can't it have a meter on it?

Because you would have had to meter every device that was in use using the "free energy"... that would mean a meter on your fridge... your microwave... your toaster... your lights (that wouldn't need copper wire running to each which kills another industry as well as commodity trading)... and on and on and on...

As a means of transmission (over long distance), it is completely useless. As wireless transmission does not get anywhere near the efficiency of wired transmission over long distances.

So in other words, the idea was bunk from the get go.

Unless of course you claim that it was some way to harvest "free energy" in which case, it could be metered.
edit on 21-3-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

There are electrically charged particles flying through the air everywhere all day every day... if you know how to harness it's power and magnify it there is no such thing as "long distance transmission" it's simply a matter of collecting what is already all around you...

I'm no Tesla... I'm don't hold a degree in anything... but I read like it's nobody's business and I will flat out say this... if Tesla would have had unlimited funding and evil didn't exist and only use his inventions for military purposes society as a whole would be at the very least two centuries ahead of where we are right now...

This one man was THE Godfather of basically every single technological advance of the 20th century... without people stealing his idea and/or adapting and further developing them we'd barely be where we were in the 20's...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SwissMarked

This one man was THE Godfather of basically every single technological advance of the 20th century... without people stealing his idea and/or adapting and further developing them we'd barely be where we were in the 20's...

Hog wash. You people are deifying the guy. Sure he was a good inventer but he didn't invent all these mythical things the web is saying he did.
List all the major advances in the 20th century, most of them he nothing to do with.
Autos, planes, rockets, television, cell phones, computers where was Tesla?

These power transmission devices he invented did not work to the level needed to replace wires.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

If there is "free electricity from the cosmos" and they started to look into it back then, today we would probably had the knowledge on how to create the "Tesla free electricity from the cosmos" device for every house.

no more meter or a freaking grid all over the place, just my thinking kay-o
the vehicles could have looked very different from what it does today if Tesla wasn't forgotten in a hotel room

nanu nanu

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by samkent

Hog wash. You people are deifying the guy. Sure he was a good inventer but he didn't invent all these mythical things the web is saying he did.
List all the major advances in the 20th century, most of them he nothing to do with.

These power transmission devices he invented did not work to the level needed to replace wires.

oh hog wash, many inventions was invented only because Tesla had all ready made the pieces for them to put together.

nanu nanu

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by samkent

Take the coil out of your car and let me know how far you get... take the alternating current electricity out of your house and then reply to this post... remove Tesla's turbines from history and show me how many jets we'd have... take away his advances in radio remote control and who's flying drones...

Do a little research and you'll know where Tesla was... he was on the ground floor inventing while the thieves were in the Penthouse figuring out how to steal and then weaponize everything he was creating...

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   

take the alternating current electricity out of your house and then reply to this post...

It seems you're confused as Tesla didn't invent AC, he merely made something better out of someone else's discovery.

Hyppolyte Pixii

In 1832 he built an early form of alternating current electrical generator, based on the principle of magnetic induction discovered by Michael Faraday.

Do a little research and you'll know where Tesla was...

You should probably take that advice yourself as you are seriously confused on the matter.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

It was actually Westinghouse that had it destroyed... and the basic concept was that it would be wireless free energy... sort of like having cordless everything...

Think of it this way... you know those "magic pie plates" that you can set your iPhone on and don't have to plug it into anything... those were invented over 100 years ago by Nikola... but they're "new technology"...

Now... if you didn't have to ever even set your iPhone on that plate to charge it... or plug a coffee maker into a wall... or a television... or radio... or... well... you get the point... there would literally be nothing to meter... no need for additional sales for something to harness or generate the power... so Georgie had goons go out on Long Island and "smashy smashy"...

I think you and other Mythic Tesla cult members (as opposed to people who see him without the mythical status) fail to grasp the absurdness of this all.

If you can produce unlimited energy, you can put that into a central distribution hub and sell it. Simple as that. In other words, highly profitable.

And if it was just a means to transmit electricity wirelessly (which it was), there is no free energy. The energy still has to get produced somewhere, therefore it is useless because wireless transmission (especially over long distances) is not as efficient.

In other words, not practical, not profitable, not worth giving two licks about. Coincidentally, the tech is useful today because we live in a world that is a lot less wired. And because of that, it is profitable in certain markets. And it has been developed far greater than Tesla could have imagined.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join