Gay marriage is not a 'human right': European ruling torpedoes Coalition stance

page: 7
13
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

log in

join

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by deepankarm
 


I agree to the court's ruling yet ADD to that marriage in general is NOT a human right. It is a SOCIAL right to marry who you want yet not a human right. To restrict two men or two women from marrying (which is based on religion) is a social injustice and infringes UPON their human rights.




posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Part of the flawed premise here is that these man-made religions have anything to do with an objective "truth".
I have spiritual beliefs, but I don't subscribe to any religion, nor would I ever want to. Do I feel a need to impose my spiritual views on society or anyone else? Of course not. Should religion be allowed to exist and thrive? Yes.
I don't care. Except when religious people want me to start living my life in accordance with their outdated, superstitious "rules" and "beliefs".

Religious people seem to be full of self-righteous entitlement. They want to impose their views on society as a whole. Countless atrocities have been committed in the name of many religions, by, supposedly "religious" people.

I think some people have confused Human Rights with Civil Rights. The Right to have a legal, equally recognized marriage is a Civil Right.

Being LGBT is NOT a choice. It's how you're born. Science has plenty of proof to support this FACT. To believe otherwise, is to be making assumptions from a place of ignorance. Has anyone noticed that there are no "facts" associated with religious belief? It's just a "belief" based on "faith"- no facts or proof at all are involved. Religious people just believe the "story in the the book", and they'll defend that blind faith to their death ( or yours ).

Perhaps homosexuality is evolution at work. The planet is quickly becoming over-populated, with a finite amount of resources. Perhaps nature knows best, and wants to curb reproduction in order to restore some natural balance. Perhaps this concept is wrong.

To be predjudiced at all, whether it's racism, religious intolerance, or homophobia is ignorance. If you're a homophobe, or a racist, you're certainly entitled to your world view. Have at it. And if you're either one of those things, you're ignorant, plain and simple.

Trying to get ignorant people to accept logic and reason is in most cases a futile effort, because their self-worth is attached to their egos, and they're very comfortable with their self identity, even if it is based in ignorance. Change, understanding, and empathy are largely beyond their capacity. Ignorant people are in a fundamantal way disabled, so to speak. Ultimately they deserve our empathy and understanding.

I'm part of the LGBT community, and I"m proud of that. I don't want to be anything other than what I am. I'm comfortable with myself.
I don't expect everyone to personally accept or like homosexuality, but I do expect to be treated with the same basic respect and dignity that is afforded to everyone else who is NOT like me. I expect to be able to live my life without the threats of violence and governmental / institutional discrimination. I'm entitled to both my Human AND Civil Rights, and everything that is implied by them.

You can hate me for what I am because you feel personally threatened by my existence.
You can drive yourself crazy by imagining what may or may not happen in my bedroom.
You can say, do, think and feel anything you want to.
However, I'm NOT going anywhere, I'm here to stay. I'm not going to hide, feel ashamed, or live in fear.
I won't accept being robbed of my dignity and basic human respect by surrendering, and "going along just to get along".
And ALL of my Brothers and Sisters are here to stay as well.
Our existence is a fact. We are real, and we're everywhere.

DENY IGNORANCE !
edit on 22-3-2012 by moonzoo7 because: (no reason given)
edit on 22-3-2012 by moonzoo7 because: (no reason given)
edit on 22-3-2012 by moonzoo7 because: (no reason given)
edit on 22-3-2012 by moonzoo7 because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by deepankarm
 


Meaningless.

Separate but equal used to be the law. Slaver was once ruled as a non-violation of human rights.

Gay marriage is coming world-wide, and N O T H I N G can be done to stop it. Nothing.



posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4
 


You have a very well thought out response to marriage. Since it is /was 'holy matrimony' (aka power of the Priesthood) and not governmental at all, I'd suggest people 'not' do civil unions (which are no more than a Contract) but get married by someone religious or quasi-religious.

Government should have no business in marriage, divorce, nothing !

Analyse the word license. Supposedly in law it means "Conferring the ability to something which otherwise would be unlawful ." Hmmm, "marriage license ; drivers license ; Business license ; gun license ; tradesmen's license," and on and on.
All government wants from us 'sheeple' is MONEY. All the above-mentioned are Natural rights in which the government has No business interfering with us in our affairs.



posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Taking Any right from free people is a very bad thing.
what do you do when they take the last of them!



posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by FeatherofMaat
reply to post by deepankarm
 


Meaningless.

Separate but equal used to be the law. Slaver was once ruled as a non-violation of human rights.

Gay marriage is coming world-wide, and N O T H I N G can be done to stop it. Nothing.


You know... sometimes in the history of our planet comes a single event that completely changes EVERYTHING. The way you think, look, dress, eat, walk... even the way you live. Whole societies changed from day to night after reaching their complete lack of values apex... then they fell and changed. Over night.

I wouldnt be so sure... it can be stopped. And it will eventually.



posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonzoo7
Part of the flawed premise here is that these man-made religions have anything to do with an objective "truth".
I have spiritual beliefs, but I don't subscribe to any religion, nor would I ever want to. Do I feel a need to impose my spiritual views on society or anyone else? Of course not. Should religion be allowed to exist and thrive? Yes.
I don't care. Except when religious people want me to start living my life in accordance with their outdated, superstitious "rules" and "beliefs".

Religious people seem to be full of self-righteous entitlement. They want to impose their views on society as a whole. Countless atrocities have been committed in the name of many religions, by, supposedly "religious" people.

I think some people have confused Human Rights with Civil Rights. The Right to have a legal, equally recognized marriage is a Civil Right.

Being LGBT is NOT a choice. It's how you're born. Science has plenty of proof to support this FACT. To believe otherwise, is to be making assumptions from a place of ignorance. Has anyone noticed that there are no "facts" associated with religious belief? It's just a "belief" based on "faith"- no facts or proof at all are involved. Religious people just believe the "story in the the book", and they'll defend that blind faith to their death ( or yours ).

Perhaps homosexuality is evolution at work. The planet is quickly becoming over-populated, with a finite amount of resources. Perhaps nature knows best, and wants to curb reproduction in order to restore some natural balance. Perhaps this concept is wrong.

To be predjudiced at all, whether it's racism, religious intolerance, or homophobia is ignorance. If you're a homophobe, or a racist, you're certainly entitled to your world view. Have at it. And if you're either one of those things, you're ignorant, plain and simple.

Trying to get ignorant people to accept logic and reason is in most cases a futile effort, because their self-worth is attached to their egos, and they're very comfortable with their self identity, even if it is based in ignorance. Change, understanding, and empathy are largely beyond their capacity. Ignorant people are in a fundamantal way disabled, so to speak. Ultimately they deserve our empathy and understanding.

I'm part of the LGBT community, and I"m proud of that. I don't want to be anything other than what I am. I'm comfortable with myself.
I don't expect everyone to personally accept or like homosexuality, but I do expect to be treated with the same basic respect and dignity that is afforded to everyone else who is NOT like me. I expect to be able to live my life without the threats of violence and governmental / institutional discrimination. I'm entitled to both my Human AND Civil Rights, and everything that is implied by them.

You can hate me for what I am because you feel personally threatened by my existence.
You can drive yourself crazy by imagining what may or may not happen in my bedroom.
You can say, do, think and feel anything you want to.
However, I'm NOT going anywhere, I'm here to stay. I'm not going to hide, feel ashamed, or live in fear.
I won't accept being robbed of my dignity and basic human respect by surrendering, and "going along just to get along".
And ALL of my Brothers and Sisters are here to stay as well.
Our existence is a fact. We are real, and we're everywhere.

DENY IGNORANCE !
edit on 22-3-2012 by moonzoo7 because: (no reason given)
edit on 22-3-2012 by moonzoo7 because: (no reason given)
edit on 22-3-2012 by moonzoo7 because: (no reason given)
edit on 22-3-2012 by moonzoo7 because: (no reason given)
The usual nonsense from pseudo science does not constitute as facts.
There is no evidence to support 'born this way' theory.
And talking about spirituality, it has roots in religion and i can't think of any true spiritual leader defending sex for pleasures.



posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fockewulf8
reply to post by deepankarm
 


I agree to the court's ruling yet ADD to that marriage in general is NOT a human right. It is a SOCIAL right to marry who you want yet not a human right. To restrict two men or two women from marrying (which is based on religion) is a social injustice and infringes UPON their human rights.
I don't know what you people smoke but courts have been used to force this human right in many states on society.
You make only contradictions in your post.



posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by deepankarm
 


Well, there is the path of ascetism, which would negate eatting for pleasure, laughing, music, physical comfort, talking. You know, human worldy stuff like that.
So if you're leading by example, we'd love to hear about it...except you're using electricity, a computer, and presumably a shelter to interact here, correct? I mean didn't science make all of that possible? Or do you have a Magikal Computer that runs on your own pure Mana? What did you eat today, gruel and a simple tea, just like a Bhuddist Monk? What's the last movie you saw? Give me a break. Your response is a desperate grab a worst, and a weak defense at best. You don't have anything better than that? You have to bring earn your way to the grown up table, kiddo. Nice try though.



posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by FeatherofMaat
reply to post by deepankarm
 


Meaningless.

Separate but equal used to be the law. Slaver was once ruled as a non-violation of human rights.

Gay marriage is coming world-wide, and N O T H I N G can be done to stop it. Nothing.
We just needed a wishful thinker.
Let me make it clear to you--- You can't force beliefs on any society.
Even if you shout lifelong in front of me, i won't recognize same sex marriage.
Same sex unions are just MUTUAL MASTURBATING LICENCES, nothing more.
You can delude yourself as you wish.



posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonzoo7
reply to post by deepankarm
 


Well, there is the path of ascetism, which would negate eatting for pleasure, laughing, music, physical comfort, talking. You know, human worldy stuff like that.
So if you're leading by example, we'd love to hear about it...except you're using electricity, a computer, and presumably a shelter to interact here, correct? I mean didn't science make all of that possible? Or do you have a Magikal Computer that runs on your own pure Mana? What did you eat today, gruel and a simple tea, just like a Bhuddist Monk? What's the last movie you saw? Give me a break. Your response is a desperate grab a worst, and a weak defense at best. You don't have anything better than that? You have to bring earn your way to the grown up table, kiddo. Nice try though.
I am talking about scientific knowledge on the topic of sexuality.
Read my post well.
Now i can tell you the spirituality concept you are talking about is to delude pleasure loving people IMO. Best of luck on your spiritual path though.
And at last, thanks for insults but they belong to you as i don't accept them.



posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

You know... sometimes in the history of our planet comes a single event that completely changes EVERYTHING. The way you think, look, dress, eat, walk... even the way you live. Whole societies changed from day to night after reaching their complete lack of values apex... then they fell and changed. Over night.


Yeah, yeah, yeah, they said the exact same thing about interracial marriages. Allowing interracial marriages was going to cause our society to go to hell in a hand basket. The children of these marriages were going to be freakishly mutant half-animals (Halle Berry is a freakishly mutant half-animal, isn't she).

That was 50 years ago, and we're still here. The states that have legalized gay marriages are doing just fine after reaching their "lack of values apex".



posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I must be one of the few who think it's absurd for marriage to be a legally binding contract to begin with.

Another example of how there is no true separation of church and state.



posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

You know... sometimes in the history of our planet comes a single event that completely changes EVERYTHING. The way you think, look, dress, eat, walk... even the way you live. Whole societies changed from day to night after reaching their complete lack of values apex... then they fell and changed. Over night.


Yeah, yeah, yeah, they said the exact same thing about interracial marriages. Allowing interracial marriages was going to cause our society to go to hell in a hand basket. The children of these marriages were going to be freakishly mutant half-animals (Halle Berry is a freakishly mutant half-animal, isn't she).

That was 50 years ago, and we're still here. The states that have legalized gay marriages are doing just fine after reaching their "lack of values apex".


I hope you know that hale berry cant spring from a gay couple...



posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by deepankarm

Let me make it clear to you--- You can't force beliefs on any society.
Even if you shout lifelong in front of me, i won't recognize same sex marriage.
Same sex unions are just MUTUAL MASTURBATING LICENCES, nothing more.
You can delude yourself as you wish.


You are under the delusion that gays are only about sex. Yep, that's all they do, all day long. They don't have jobs, they don't eat, they don't shop, they don't know how to care, nurture, think, laugh, cry. They don't care for another, they don't grow old together, they don't sit by their dying partner's bedside for 72 hours straight. They don't cry when bullied by people like you. All they do and all they are is sex, sex, sex. Wow. You are deluded.



posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

You know... sometimes in the history of our planet comes a single event that completely changes EVERYTHING. The way you think, look, dress, eat, walk... even the way you live. Whole societies changed from day to night after reaching their complete lack of values apex... then they fell and changed. Over night.


Yeah, yeah, yeah, they said the exact same thing about interracial marriages. Allowing interracial marriages was going to cause our society to go to hell in a hand basket. The children of these marriages were going to be freakishly mutant half-animals (Halle Berry is a freakishly mutant half-animal, isn't she).

That was 50 years ago, and we're still here. The states that have legalized gay marriages are doing just fine after reaching their "lack of values apex".


I hope you know that hale berry cant spring from a gay couple...


No, but she came from that demonized union of a black person and a white person. The horrors!

The world will eventually be forced to abandon their gay prejudices. And the world will continue to go on.



posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by deepankarm
 


And restricting gay marriage is not a 'government right'.



Isnt it though?

Government sanctioned marriage is the sole creation of government. It can decide how it wants its creation used.

Now, marriage between adults without government involvement? Definitely a human right. Why the hell not? Every goddamned thing a human feasibly can do is a human right. Yes, that includes horrible things like rape and murder. No force can stop such acts save another human exercising his right to self preservation.

All possibilities are rights.

Government limits rights by making # up and tricking idiots into thinking the artificial construct is somehow natural. Like government sanctioned marriage.

Government sanctioned marriage is a fabrication. A creation of government. You want government sanctioned marriage for whatever reason then you have to play by governments rules. Seen on all other intellectual property creations: all rights reserved.

The best thing any homosexual couple, heterosexual couple, polygamous group, resource sharing roommates, whoever can do to work against it is to ignore it. Stop believing in it's power and it will die. Then we'll be free.



posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere


The best thing any homosexual couple, heterosexual couple, polygamous group, resource sharing roommates, whoever can do to work against it is to ignore it. Stop believing in it's power and it will die. Then we'll be free.


OR, have the U. S. Supreme Court rule that it is unconstitutional to ban same same-sex marriages, on the grounds of discrimination. It worked for interracial marriages.



posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
The 'queering agenda' at least is finally put on the shelf away from the winds of influence.
This at least should put the whole thing in the closet where it belongs.
I don't like nor hate the whole gay thing.
And you can't tell me the sodomite acts they indulge in in any way normal, that's why they get the whole stigma and controversy.



posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by deepankarm
 


Deepankarm,

You really are a total nut case thinking what you do about Homosexuals. Your opinions I find are both beyond ignorant and therefore hateful (based on your ignorance).

I hope one day if you ever have children that they are gay, I pray In the name of Jesus this happens to you - and I mean it! You are a disgrace in the sight and presence of God.

You can't pray it away! I did that myself for years, and I was once VERY devout, and it has done untold damage to myself and my relationships. One of the men that was involved in this I have to say was (and still is) is an excellent Bible Scholar, but is now a transsexual.

Welcome to reality...





top topics
 
13
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

log in

join