It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

"I hate towel heads." -Wikileaks

page: 2
1
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schkeptick
This is extremely important this is known, because he has been so influential in investigations regarding Arabs. If he is a closet racist, nothing he does can be considered reliable. I hope this flushes his career.


Stop your crying.He's human.Get over it.The sun will rise tomorrow and the world will still keep turning.




posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78
 



Oh but it does matter.It's a private email that's years old.How would you like YOUR private emails out there for the public to read?Me thinks you wouldn't.I'm sure there's some juicy stuff in yours too that you wouldn't want the public knowing.


Personally, I try to never put anything incriminating in a written form of communication.



posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78
reply to post by InsideYourMind
 


Oh please.Not even the same thing.


It is, you are effectively saying that actions of the past are irrelevant.



posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by InsideYourMind
 


Murder is not the same thing as being racist. Being racist is a far lesser offense, but murder is a heinous crime. Racism isn't really a crime.

And it is from three years ago. It's the usual bs tactic of if it's from that many years ago it must be the same as today.

Let me put it like this. Let's say you were in a porno movie five years ago. It becomes uncovered today, and people are ridiculing you ebcause of something you did five years ago.

Of course it means you're still doing porn today because you did something five years ago.

And that's the error of anything like this, is assuming that a person said something x many years ago it must be the same way today.

People do change and grow in a few years.

I'm pretty sure you must have done something that was really embarrassing for you a number of years ago. Maybe it should be dug up and used to ridicule you to no end.



posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
reply to post by InsideYourMind
 


Murder is not the same thing as being racist. Being racist is a far lesser offense, but murder is a heinous crime.

Do you know what an example is?


Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
Racism isn't really a crime.

It's not acceptable though is it.



Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
And it is from three years ago. It's the usual bs tactic of if it's from that many years ago it must be the same as today.

It was said behind some-ones back.



Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
Let me put it like this. Let's say you were in a porno movie five years ago. It becomes uncovered today, and people are ridiculing you ebcause of something you did five years ago.

Of course it means you're still doing porn today because you did something five years ago.

No, just no.


Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
And that's the error of anything like this, is assuming that a person said something x many years ago it must be the same way today.

People do change and grow in a few years.

Sure people change, but the fact is they still did it. You don't "let them off" because it was in the past.



Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
I'm pretty sure you must have done something that was really embarrassing for you a number of years ago. Maybe it should be dug up and used to ridicule you to no end.

Care to tell me what that would be?. I'm not one for hiding what i do. I don't give a rat's ass what people think about me.

There is a difference between doing something embarrassing and using racist remarks.



posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Yes, racism is actually far more acceptable in this country today than you'd think. People just can't be open about because of the politically charged climate of accusing people of being racist for, really, just about anything that the accuser disagrees with. It's really only a political tactic to try to discredit a political opponent so people won't vote for them. Unfortunately it works all too often, and this thread is proof of that. Because this statement was said three whole years ago and people are upset about it now when that statement has no bearing on the here and now.

You had a bad example. Murder is not the same thing as being a racist.

And so basically once they said something they must never be forgiven for it under any circumstances and must always and forever be ridiculed and punished for it for ever and ever and ever and ever.

I don't what it is about politics that creates these hypersensitive knee jerk reactions.




top topics
 
1
<< 1   >>

log in

join