It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I hate towel heads." -Wikileaks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Well, in today's releases from the Wikileaks, Stratfor emails Fred Burton was asked by their senior analyst Reva Bhalla if she could go to a US Chamber of Commerce get together that was attended by Governor Amr Al-Dabbagh, Chairman, Saudi
Arabia General Investment Authority (SAGIA), to which Burton replied with the very politically incorrect answer of, "yes, I ain't going. I hate towel heads"

Source.

While it's well known people talk candidly in conversations they don't expect the public to hear, I wonder what some of the Arab people the company deals with will think about this alleged email. (Emails are alleged because they are published by Wikileaks and could have been tampered with.)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
So?He thinks like most people do.He's entitled to hate anyone he chooses,whether you or anyone thinks it's ignorant to do so.I'm sure you've said the same thing in private emails.You're starting a thread about and email that is 3 years old? Really?
edit on 21-3-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78
So?He thinks like most people do.He's entitled to hate anyone he chooses,whether you or anyone thinks it's ignorant to do so.I'm sure you've said the same thing in private emails.You're starting a thread about and email that is 3 years old? Really?

Umm ya, most people don't think like that.
That's some stupid racist trash.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

I don't work for a global intelligence agency that is reliant on good relations with Arab nationals. I just thought it was worth mentioning.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna

I actually agree with the poster, a lot of people do talk like that. Especially people involved in politics in some way. The funny thing is that most people would never think they do.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

I disagree.A lot of people think that way.Whether it's right or not is a different story.This thread was only made because he said towel heads.If he'd just said arabs it wouldn't be a big deal.And got news for ya,nothing in that email is racist.He's entitled to think what he wants.Towel heads is not racist.It's just ignorance.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Pirhanna summed it up.

It what way does it matter how old the email is?

Not following your twisted trail on that one.

Peace

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

I disagree.A lot of people think that way.Whether it's right or not is a different story.This thread was only made because he said towel heads.If he'd just said arabs it wouldn't be a big deal.And got news for ya,nothing in that email is racist.He's entitled to think what he wants.Towel heads is not racist.It's just ignorance.

Yeah some people think like that..you are proof. But he stated that most people don't think like that. I am the latter.

Peace

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
It's a bit like when Gordon Brown (UK Prime minister at the time) said over his microphone for all to hear, "Waht a horrible woman" (or similar) about the woman he just spoke with on some issue.

Quite the backlash, he had to apologise.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by spav5

what? You have no idea what I think.You're assuming.Typical ATS argument.You know nothing about me.For all you know I could be an Arab ..or my wife/girlfriend could be.Nice try though.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by spav5

Oh but it does matter.It's a private email that's years old.How would you like YOUR private emails out there for the public to read?Me thinks you wouldn't.I'm sure there's some juicy stuff in yours too that you wouldn't want the public knowing.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

reply to post by spav5

what? You have no idea what I think.You're assuming.Typical ATS argument.You know nothing about me.For all you know I could be an Arab ..or my wife/girlfriend could be.Nice try though.

I don't know what you think but you know what most people think?

I have encountered you everyday of my life...I know exactly what you are thinking.

Peace

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   

reply to post by spav5

Oh but it does matter.It's a private email that's years old.How would you like YOUR private emails out there for the public to read?Me thinks you wouldn't.I'm sure there's some juicy stuff in yours too that you wouldn't want the public knowing.

The question was why does the age of the email matter..3 years or 3 days..why does that matter?

I don't like pork chops either...what is your point?

Peace

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

reply to post by spav5

If you came across a diary and you happened to read a page written 5 years ago, let's say it mentioned they murdered your wife/husband of which the killer had never been caught... would that be acceptable to you seeing as it was 5 years ago?

Just a thing of the past, am i right?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by spav5

reply to post by spav5

I have encountered you everyday of my life...I know exactly what you are thinking.

Peace

From this post i'm going to assume you're probably a person of color.You've never encountered ME.I don't give a # what color you are.It comes down to respect with me.Respect me and I'll respect you.Simple.that's all I'm saying because I'm not going to derail the op's thread.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by InsideYourMind

Oh please.Not even the same thing.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by InsideYourMind

reply to post by spav5

If you came across a diary and you happened to read a page written 5 years ago, let's say it mentioned they murdered your wife/husband of which the killer had never been caught... would that be acceptable to you seeing as it was 5 years ago?

Just a thing of the past, am i right?

We live in the past..before we even process the thought..it is in the past.

Not going to play hypothetical with you.

Peace

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

reply to post by spav5

Peace

From this post i'm going to assume you're probably a person of color.You've never encountered ME.I don't give a # what color you are.It comes down to respect with me.Respect me and I'll respect you.Simple.that's all I'm saying because I'm not going to derail the op's thread.

Exactly..you are good about making assumptions. But man don't anyone dare make one about you.

You are feeling disrespected? Because you presume to know what most people think..but they certainly can't ascertain from your own words..what you are thinking?

I am not disrespecting you..but I have no respect for you.

Peace

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
This is extremely important this is known, because he has been so influential in investigations regarding Arabs. If he is a closet racist, nothing he does can be considered reliable. I hope this flushes his career.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

reply to post by spav5

Peace

Exactly..you are good about making assumptions. But man don't anyone dare make one about you.

You are feeling disrespected? Because you presume to know what most people think..but they certainly can't ascertain from your own words..what you are thinking?

I am not disrespecting you..but I have no respect for you.

Peace

Way to deflect
You know I'm right.You can assume anything you want about me.I'm thick skinned,it doesn't bother me and that's my point.I don't feel disrepected.And trust me I'm not going to lose sleep because you don't respect me.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join