It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Union Square Occupation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Saw a live stream when checking the occupy wall street site here : Union Square Occupation Eviction Defense!

Original stream was from timcast, who's here on Ustream : www.ustream.tv... And have just found this via twitter which has another live stream : Occupy United - Live Coverage If that goes down there's often others linked via twitter : Twitter - Occupy Union Square

Recent NY/Occupy related news here : #OWS Calls for NYPD Commissioner Ray Kelly To Resign

Related ATS thread : Welcome to the American Spring
edit on 21-3-2012 by robhines because: added link

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Calling for the current NYPD commissioner to resign is completely futile. That won't change anything.

The commissioner would not be directly responsible for the sort of violence we've seen against Occupy. He might be to the extent that he perhaps takes bribes and then does what he is told, but that would literally be it. Getting rid of him, will do nothing to ensure that the next person to take his job, won't do the same.

If he didn't take the money, then the cabal would replace him themselves, with someone else who would. Targetting officials just displays Occupy's naivete. They're not going after the real source of the problem.
edit on 21-3-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
The police started kicking off a while after I posted, didn't see it as I was reading around elsewhere. From the updates at occupywallst.org :

4:04 AM: EMT and medics approach woman knocked unconscious by police. Cops aggressively storm them, brutally rush into crowd, trample people, causing panic. People screaming. Peaceful protesters are being ATTACKED because they tried to give professional medical attention for head trauma! Injured woman was stepped on.
4:21 AM: Mainstream media on the scene. The District Attorney has also arrived. Union Square still blocked off. Police still moving Occupiers incrementally to allow sanitation to ¨clean¨ the park. Occupiers being slowly pushed out of the park. Occupier: ¨I really thought the police were going to be chill tonight about this. They were calm and rational earlier. Then they bumrush us, throw girl with head trauma around....¨
4:37 AM: Most police appear to be leaving in advance of the arrival of rush hour traffic when public wakes up. Occupiers return to park, laying down again. Chanting ¨goodbye!¨ at NYPD.
5:20 AM: via Twitter: ¨The NYPD have officially fled the scene of their crime.¨ Tonight, at least four people were arrested, books needlessly destroyed, and one woman knocked unconscious by police brutality -- all for the ¨crime¨ of laying down in a public park.
6:07 AM: Park officially re-opened.

Link to the whole update text is same as first link in OP.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Which is whom?
Spell it out for us.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by petrus4

Which is whom?
Spell it out for us.

I don't know the names myself. I've already said that. That's the point. They keep themselves hidden behind patsies.

I would probably start by asking someone in Anonymous to discover everything that they can, about the people known by these officials; they are good at that. People like the police commissioner are those who take the bribes; they can be replaced, and that is the entire reason why they are in fact there, in order to shield those who actually make decisions.

You need to find, rather than the people who take the bribes and orders, the people who actually issue them. Don't target the police commissioner; find out everything you can about the rich people he knows, and then find out which one (or ones) are primarily involved with putting pressure on him, about attacking Occupy.

If you do that, then you will stop the police attacks at their real source. A police commissioner by himself, can simply be replaced; he's a public figure who is there to shield the 1% who are really responsible, as mentioned. You have to get the people who he's protecting, because they are the ones who really want you gone, and who are going to be really persistent.

If you've got an ant problem, you don't simply move the sugar to a different location, to stop them getting at it. What you really need to do is find and dig out the nest, and get rid of the queen; and once you do that, the ants will no longer be able to reproduce.
edit on 21-3-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

join