It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The best alternative news sites on the internet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
International Human Press One of the best sites we've seen. Has a large emphasis on future, health, technology and global politics.

Rense---This is a good one. Please visit in low doses. It's sure to keep you up at night

Activist Post---Waringing. Read in moderation. This awesome site is a kick and you can learn a lot. Just don't go there to often or you may find yourself with a PhD in conspiraciolgy. All jokes aside they do have some quality material.

Disclose.tv---Awesome website with updated links. The reason why we like this one is because of it's interative community you just can't find anywhere else!

Black Listed News ---A great collection of links that get updated everyday so you can stay up to date on the worlds breaking events!

Counter Currents---Counter Currents is a class alternative web journal that is consistently updated and has literally tons of articles that are very though provoking!

Godlike Productions---The best stories in a well layed out forum. Just don't get banned.

Rogue Government---A pretty good collection of links updated daily

Before It's News---An awesome assortment of updated articles from people around the world!

Today's Alternative News---Established all the way back in 2000 as one of the original alternative news outlet. Their goal is to give "you perspectives on the news that you will rarely receive from other sources"

AlterNet---It's looking pretty mainstream these days but still some good stories

Pravda---Here's a Russian News site that will have your mind racing in circles

ATS---Above Top Secret is a classic alternative news site with some pretty interesting opinions

Mercola---Sure they want to sell you products but here you can find some pretty good health articles!

Mother Jones---Here's a classic one that's been around for years for a reason. If your looking for conspiracies though you might want to go somewhere else!

Benzinga---Definitely the best alternative financial site online for stocks picks. You can learn a whole lot with this one!

The Real News Network---Some awesome videos and smokin old fashioned updated news

OpedNews---Here's some pretty radical sh**! It's sure to get you on some sort of list!

Disinfo---Disinfo never let's you down. Except occasionally on the weekends

Conspiracy Planet---Really good site! Wish they updated it more!

Psych Central---Excellent source for anyone into Pyschology!

Natural News---A well updated site that takes a stance against big pharma

Common Dreams---A lot of just great stories that will change up your viewpoint on a lot of things!

Democracy Now---We wouldn't be suprised if they were getting their funding from Boeing and Microsoft but DemNow is a good place to learn a lot about the world

World Net Daily---If your in the mood for some trashy entertaining political news that in no way shape or form will benefit your life than WND is the place for you

what REALLY happened---Another bizaare conspiracy blog that will give you nightmares. I wish someone made a site with positive news! what REALLY happened is as good as we can get for now!

mother nature news---I know what your thinking. This isn't alternative media. Just because it has a few corporate sponsors and is probably some subsidiary of a megacorp doesn't make it not alternative. mnn is truly an amazing source for information and you can find a lot of useful knowledge here that you just can't find on CNN, NYTimes, Fox, MSNBC, or any other major network. Check it out!

Consortium News---Here's one we almost would have certainly been hanged if we forgot. Consortium News is constantly updated daily and has a lot of quality stories!

Macedonia International News Agency---This website provides some of the best articles we have ever read. Quite frequently you'll find a true gem on here you just can't find home in the States!!!

In These Times---Thanks Karl for reminding us to add this source. Sure their site isn't updated as frequently as we'd like but the content is original and most importantly ground breaking! Plus you can subscribe to their magazine!

Dissident Voice ---Here's a radical newsletter that is all about the struggle for peace. Oh ya!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Best alternative news site=ATS.so far so good

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I don't believe this one would count as an alternative news site per say but it is a great daily "hub" for a wide variety of sources and topics;

www.fark.com

Enjoy!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I have to agree with fark.com and I'd add reddit and digg even over fark since they have a wider variety.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by alwayssmile2

Thanks for posting this list, some of these I haven't seen before.

I'm not sure if I can take the Rense site seriously though after seeing his beautiful mulletish haircut.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I would pick ATS out of all of those as a primary source as things seem to get vetted here. Some of the sources you listed are shady at best, fraudulent at worst.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Another site I visit somewhat regularly that you might find interesting;

www.ted.com

Enjoy it too!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
great list thank you.

+1 reddit has many interesting subreddits.

/r/conspiracy is one Ive been checkin daily of late

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Ted.com is an excellent source of real information and not just speculation. Very good especially if your into science, technology, and health.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reddit has it all

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by alwayssmile2

Godlike Productions---The best stories in a well layed out forum. Just don't get banned.

Well laid out forum? Who you fooling?

Besides that, thanks for the other links.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
The Corbett Report provides a weekly podcast as well as interviews, articles and videos about current events and suppressed history from an independent perspective www.corbettreport.com...

Information Clearing House is not too bad to check out .. www.informationclearinghouse.info...

I am suprised I didnt see Global Research ..very good site www.globalresearch.ca...

Asia Times has some very good articles most of the time ..www.atimes.com...
Peace
edit on 21-3-2012 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I, for one, appreciate this list. Thanks to OP!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
best ATS

worst GLP

im on the fence with infowars as it reminds me of bipolar whistleblower/disinfo front... like alciada

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Star and flag for the list. Thank you for posting, I can see I will have hours of interesting internet time checking out many of the links on this thread. thanks and stars to all that added to the list as well.

Sorry I do not know how to link on here or I would. I looked back on some I have bookmarked. I am not rating any of these beyond they have at least one article that has caught my attention, since I cannot seem to get away from FB and ATS enough to check out others sites with any regularity. But for whatever use it is here are a few I did not see listed:

Al Jazeera
Rumor Mill
Wide Awake News
End the Lie
Know the Lie
Sign of the Times
Intel Hub
Wake up World
Conspiracy Planet
Exposing the Truth
Truth is Treason
American Prepper
Rex Research
Exohuman

Like I mentioned above these are just some sites that I have bookmarked because they caught my interest enough to want to check out again. Along with a few that I have seen already listed on this thread.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

I agree w/ you about InfoWars.com. I'll check it out when all else runs dry, but it's like listening to Limbaugh... before going there I usually say to myself, "I wonder what this D-Bag has to say today?"

new topics

top topics

join