It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$1.02 for a gallon of gas....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Packing my bags and moving to Canada. This is like so totally unfair.

**Scratch that, if it's $6.00, I change my mind.

edit on 20-3-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
reply to post by AzureSky

Just curious though. What about cigarette prices where I am they are about $5 or $6 I heard in NY you can't buy a pack for less than $12.

In certain parts of Canada, it's 12.50 for a pack of 25.

A pack/day habit knocks you around $4500 for the year.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LeLeu

That sounds expensive but I guess I should convert it first to make sure, lol. Now is Australia and Canadas currency loosely based off it's UK counterpart of the euro or different all together?

Someone told me that they were cheaper in Mexico but I hardly doubt its worth getting killed for lol.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by slowisfast
I remember paying $.91 a gallon to fill up my Pacer my senior year in high school. That was 1998.

It's ridiculous how much money gasoline is costing us and how far our country has fallen since the time I became a legal adult.

$.28 cents a gallon, and they would pump the gas,
but they would make fun of my old jalopy,
and stare at my girlfriends ass.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Yeah I guess you Canadians are getting screwed harder or even worse, sounds like. I don't know how the cost of living changes and I'm not good with the metric system obviously.

And Europe is getting screwed the worst it sounds like.

While I have you all here laughing at my stupid mistake, would anyone be interested in investigating prices over in the middle east and china? I want to check out what United Arab Emirates and the Saudis are paying.
edit on 20-3-2012 by thehoneycomb because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Prices on cigarettes vary depending on the brand..DuMaurier or Players 25 packs easily run you into the $10+ range...off brands such as Podium or Putters available around $7 and if your are bold enough to wage war with your taste buds and lungs you can get a plastic bag of single cigarettes that are the equivalent to a carton's worth for under $20.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Ericthenewbie

Never even heard of most of those.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
It's 9 pesos per liter here. 45 pesos for cigarettes. Damned govt monopolies!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
My bad ..Canadian brands...I guess DuMaurier and Players would be the equivalent of Malboro and Winston. The plastic bag option is something you can purchase on the Native Reserves here (everyone who smokes seems to know at least one or two people with access to this option).

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Ericthenewbie

No worries.

I guess I haven't visited canada in a long time.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

Doll... I live in NYC. $12+ a pack. I think the most I have paid is $14 in Time Square. Im a model orgionally from Michigan(Cigarettes are only like $6 there). I use to smoke 2 packs a day to take away my food cravings. But I had to cut down to one pack a day. It became too expensive for me.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombshell01

Bless you. I feel your pain. But only about halfway.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

reply to post by boncho

Yeah I guess you Canadians are getting screwed harder or even worse, sounds like. I don't know how the cost of living changes and I'm not good with the metric system obviously.

And Europe is getting screwed the worst it sounds like.

While I have you all here laughing at my stupid mistake, would anyone be interested in investigating prices over in the middle east and china? I want to check out what United Arab Emirates and the Saudis are paying.
edit on 20-3-2012 by thehoneycomb because: (no reason given)

Well, cost of living is relative. In China, certainly there are a lot of things that can be bought very cheap outside the city centers, but the wages are also next to nothing. In the metropolitan cities though, expect to pay New York/London prices for just about everything.

Some major cities there have extremely high $/sq ft. On par or higher than NY Lon

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos
It's 9 pesos per liter here. 45 pesos for cigarettes. Damned govt monopolies!

I have seen that Pirate before and he has a pair of pistols!
Don't fall for it, translated it means.
Take Nine paces then we both turn and Fire!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

reply to post by LeLeu

That sounds expensive but I guess I should convert it first to make sure, lol. Now is Australia and Canadas currency loosely based off it's UK counterpart of the euro or different all together?

Someone told me that they were cheaper in Mexico but I hardly doubt its worth getting killed for lol.

$1.00 Australian dollars = $1.05 US dollars
Yep they cost a fortune

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

In UK cigs are £7.09 for Silk Cut (20), thats cheap and from the local Post Office, the shop across the road from there, same cigs are £7.50 (GBP incase thats not showing). You can get cheaper cigs if you dont buy the better branded ones. Petrol is around £6.30 ish per gallon depending where you purchase it....no wonder more people are cycling here!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
It's almost £1.40 a LITRE for unleaded petrol here in the UK. Strangely, BP (British Petroleum) is the most expensive of all companies! It seems the British companies are charging it's own people more than other companies aroud the world.

1 gallon = 4.54609188 Litres

£1.40 x 4.54609188 = £6.40 (to the nearest penny)

That come to a total of $10.1336 USD

That is about 3 times as much as you are paying in the USA!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

reply to post by AzureSky

Just curious though. What about cigarette prices where I am they are about $5 or $6 I heard in NY you can't buy a pack for less than $12.

Unless you live near an Indian Reservation, the cheapest cigs you can get are like 8 bucks a pack. I buy cartons of Indian made cigs and they are like 2.25 a pack, or 22.50 a carton. The governor is trying to collect taxes from the non-natives buying cigs on native land, but he failed, just like the past 4 governors. The Natives circumvented this by stopping the sale of name brand cigs. They avoid the taxes and are able to sell the cigs at the price I mentioned above. As long as they are made on Native soil, no tax.

Oh, and people have already mentioned it, but our brothers and sisters in Canada are paying by the litre, which makes it out to be about 6 bucks a gallon USD.

ETA: I probably should have mentioned that I live in Western NY. The gas price across the street from my house is 3.93/gal. Which is odd, considering I live 30 minutes from a refinery. Who woulda thunk it?

-TS
edit on 21-3-2012 by truthseeker1984 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
8.55 $/gallon in Germany this morning.

I envy co-workers driving cars converted to use lpg. They pay about half per km. Investment would be too high for my old car.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join