It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$1.02 for a gallon of gas....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
...In Canada. Yes thats right while Americans are paying $3.50 and up our neighbors up north pay less than $1.50 a gallon!

I guess that is what Barry meant when he said gas prices would un-necesarrily sky rocket.

Does anybody else feel suddenly feel like invading Canada?

Really I think this serves as pretty concrete evidence that the politicians are regulating the markets in America to rob US blind.
I guess this is what wealth redistribution looks like.

So America, do you want hybrid and electric cars or do you want cheaper gas?

Source: GasBuddy app
edit on 20-3-2012 by thehoneycomb because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
No we don't. We pay almost 6 dollars a gallon.
Gas is a under $1.50 a litre,
There are 4.4 litres in a gallon. So you have to multiply our gas prices by 4.4 to get the price of a gallon.

Gas here is roughly 1.35/litre, and that equals 6.028/gallon (in canadian munnies)
edit on 20/3/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

link   
Not sure of your sources but I'm paying $1.40 per LITER! here in BC....That's got to be $6.00 a gallon in your terms.

link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

It's 9 dollars a gallon (converted litres to gallons and euros to dollars via google) here in Holland. Now, where's some sympathy for us poor Europeans?

edit on 20/3/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

edit on 20/3/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Clarification

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
uhh im from british columbia and the gas price has been around $1.26 (Canadian dollars) PER LITRE for many months... and the lowest its been in past year is $1.18 per litre

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky
No we don't. We pay almost 6 dollars a gallon.
Gas is a under $1.50 a litre,
There are 4.4 litres in a gallon. So you have to multiply our gas prices by 4.4 to get the price of a gallon.

thanks for taking the lick OP.

some of us are not hip on our leeeaders

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

Wow I thought that might be the case. So that is 1.00 and up a liter? Which averages out to be around $6 US? my bad.... whew. I was pretty worked up about this too.

Somehow I still don't feel better though.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Wow, post fail

Hop off the partisan bandwagon, it serves no purpose. Be your own man.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb

Wow I thought that might be the case. So that is 1.00 and up a liter? Which averages out to be around $6 US? my bad.... whew. I was pretty worked up about this too.

Somehow I still don't feel better though.

Yeah, its only a couple cent difference between CAD and USD. About 5.94/gal in USD for gas 1.35/l here. (which it is at here right now i believe)
Yeah it's even worse in europe.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
The thing that sucks about that app though is it doesn't let you look at prices outside of US and Canada. I would like to check out gas prices in other countries and see where they are at.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

I thought $3.58 was tough... I knew it was expensive over there, but hadn't checked in a long time. We really haven't got room to complain.

I'd ship you some sympathy, but it'd cost me a small fortune.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I paid $6.80au per gallon or $1.80au per liter of 100 octane fuel.
So yes! Lets invade Canada

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Just curious though. What about cigarette prices where I am they are about $5 or $6 I heard in NY you can't buy a pack for less than $12.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

...In Canada. Yes thats right while Americans are paying $3.50 and up our neighbors up north pay less than $1.50 a gallon!

I guess that is what Barry meant when he said gas prices would un-necesarrily sky rocket.

Does anybody else feel suddenly feel like invading Canada?

Really I think this serves as pretty concrete evidence that the politicians are regulating the markets in America to rob US blind.
I guess this is what wealth redistribution looks like.

Source: GasBuddy app
edit on 20-3-2012 by thehoneycomb because: (no reason given)

Your blind hatred makes you attack the President even when you are the one in the wrong.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by seenavv
uhh im from british columbia and the gas price has been around $1.26 (Canadian dollars) PER LITRE for many months... and the lowest its been in past year is $1.18 per litre

You must be outside the GVRD ergo less levies and taxes

edit on 20-3-2012 by minkmouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Jokes...I was so upset by the ignorance of this post that I actually signed up to ATS after being a long time lurker!

Our gas is bought by the LITER not Gallon! The absurdity of wanting to invade us as a result your human error is ridiculous!

*face to palm*

Oops I see many people have already pointed this fact out to you!
edit on 20-3-2012 by Ericthenewbie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I remember paying $.91 a gallon to fill up my Pacer my senior year in high school. That was 1998.

It's ridiculous how much money gasoline is costing us and how far our country has fallen since the time I became a legal adult.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Well, now that we know the way they sell by the Liter and not gallon, I'd love to note two other things Canada probably giggles about when we're not in the room.

105 or 110 on a Speed limit sign isn't to be assumed Mph when no one bothered (giggle??) to note which. Canada is Kilometers....which is in the 60s by MPH. How many Americans are tagged their first time for a ticket that makes it their last with 0's on the end? lol....

Oh..and if ever there with a trucker. The sign that looks like a shower head spraying a truck from above, isn't a truck wash.. It means there is a Scale ahead that they kinda expect you to pull into. Even an American.
Don't ask how I know that or why it's burned into my memory forever..just remember, their signs aren't always as plain as we'd like them to be.

It would have been humorous to see someone filling their tank with a credit card and not realizing before that point what Liter prices meant..the look on their face as the meaning of the pump numbers dawned on them would be priceless. Working Canadian gas stations right at the border must offer some funny moments.

edit on 20-3-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Just curious though. What about cigarette prices where I am they are about $5 or $6 I heard in NY you can't buy a pack for less than $12.

Here in Australia I pay $30.00au for a pack of 50 cigarettes at the petrol station
$26.00au at the supermarket.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Maybe you should just convert to the metric system to get Canada's super cheap gas prices.

/sarcasm

/fail

/ancient aliens (responsible for gas price)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join