It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: British Hostage 'pleads for his life' (Includes video)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Good point,
I would "bug" this Germ woman before setting her free (somehow) track her for a decent amount of time, not too short incase they are suspicious of any tracking and not too long for the same reason but they will have time to find the "bug" and hey presto they all dissapear!

Once they find the location of these terrorists send the best Special Forces in the world.... Our very own SAS.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by deeozz
As sad and horrible as this situation is, I don't think the people who are angry whit Blair are thinking about this logically.

You're missing the point. Of course you don't negotiate with terrorists and if this were a just war I'd be sad but I'd understand. However, most people never wanted this war in the first place and now the normal people are paying for it, that's why I'm attacking Blair, because he went to war in the first place which has put Ken in this position and NOT his stance on not negotiating.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
OK, I can see why people would be angry with Blair then, if his not negotiating isn't the main thing they are angry with. I live in the US and I forget how opposed to the war most of the British people are. But even if Blair never joined the coalition, wouldn't that man still be in Iraq working? Or would there be less British people working there if there were not British forces there?

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Why feel sorry for Blair, he sit's comfortable in the UK while a fellow countryman awaits a cruel fate.......

[edit on 22-9-2004 by blunderful]

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 01:03 AM
link   
John Nada says,

I'm attacking Blair, because he went to war in the first place which has put Ken in this position and NOT his stance on not negotiating.
This is misdirecting the blame here....NO ONE forced ken to take work in Iraq....just like the first USA hostage that lost his head to brutal, lawless, barbarians.....this guy ken went there of his own free will.
Blaming Blair for this individule exercising his right to choose to make a profit in Iraq is improper.

This should be a lesson for those that say the war in unjustified....
these terrorists are activly working to subvert governments, manipulate people, cause chaos and mayhem and death, in support of their fundamentalist religious agenda....
Tony Blair and Bush recognize that these groups have been and will continue to make these attacks and demands weather you appease them or not.

Being a leader often means making the HARD choice. Including deciding that action is nessisary (but not popular) and that negotiating on a tit for tat basis is not productive....As an American, I support and welcome your Prime Ministers Blair's support....

This man pleading for his life is not pleasent to watch, but do you really think that he thinks that he wont be killed?
If i was a hostage, they would have to shoot me before i let them hog-tie me and saw off my head with a dull knife. I wouldnt make a tape begging for anything because i would know that it would not make a difference in my governments policy, and because I wouldnt want to give these terrorist thugs ANY satisfaction that i was affraid of them killing me and using me to inflict pain on my family and other citizens.

It sounds like soo much boo hoo and self pity comming from a country that resisted the full Nazi war machine...what ever happened to keep your chin up and stiff upper lip?

This war is not going to go away from either side....pulling out, coddling and negotiating with terrorists, and pretending that there isnt a problem will accomplish nothing. Blaiming Blair or Bush for standing up and defending the ideals that civilized nations uphold IS just. Standing up for one religious ideology, lawlessness, and condeming western societies to death is not.

check out this thread and see what the terrorists plan, and right from the heart of England..www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I hope mercy is shown, and Mr Bigley is released safely, although I don't hold out much hope.

People who claim to be in Iraq to help rebuild it are not there out of the goodness of their heart, they are getting truck loads of dosh and are willing to take the risk.

The ironic thing regarding this situation is the amount of air time it's getting because he's a UK citizen, I don't recall anywhere near as much fuss when the 10 Nepalese were taken then murdered, and their country wasn't even involved in the invasion.

It's this sort of two faced hypocrisy that has caused this mess, the way the west looks down with superiority on those from non westernised countries.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 06:27 AM
link   

The ironic thing regarding this situation is the amount of air time it's getting because he's a UK citizen,

I think this has alot more to do with the family, the son and brother of Bigley have been working none stop to help his release,
They from day 1 have not let this rest,

Unfortunately I think this is bringing and prolonging the pain of the family,

I hope that theirs some twist of fate and he is released, but I feel that time is really running out now, and I think this video will haunt Tony Blair for a long time,

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 07:18 AM
link   
send in SAS or showwe mean real buisness against terrorism use mass weapons destruction against em i say no mercy kill their familys too an anyone that deals with them no mercy.

[edit on 23-9-2004 by blobby]

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by blobby
send in SAS or showwe mean real buisness against terrorism use mass weapons destruction against em i say no mercy kill their familys too an anyone that deals with them no mercy.

[edit on 23-9-2004 by blobby]

Well done "Blobby", you've successfully shown what can be acheived just by randomly bashing a keyboard, try adding to the thread instead of just ranting, you'll find a conversation may unfold and you may actually learn something.

Asala: I agree, I'm sure it has everything to do with his family, but I believe my statement still stands. Whenever there is a disaster in another country, you can guarantee that it will get far more coverage if a UK citizen is involved. The media is probably the same in whichever country.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Skynews TV has just reported that Tony Blair has just spoken to the family for the 2nd time,

Ill see if i can find out what he may have said,.

Also another heart breaking appeal from Ken Bigleys 83yr old mother.
She appealed to the captors to *Show mercy on her son* while trying not to break down, gosh i feel for this poor family,

[edit on 23-9-2004 by asala]

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
Also another heart breaking appeal from Ken Bigleys 83yr old mother.
She appealed to the captors to *Show mercy on her son* while trying not to break down, gosh i feel for this poor family,

Details are here: news.bbc.co.uk...

"Some day this war's gonna end" - I wonder if that starts about now.
At some point (and I think that could be soon) there will be no point in taking hostages, there is already only so much that it can achieve.
Clearly it remains absolutely devastating for any family caught up in it, but the world, by and large, moves on, or will start to move on.

Once the coverage starts to slip a bit, and your own people (whomsoever they might be) start to become *uncomfortable* with it - then it ceases to become relevant.

Maybe then it will be replaced by dialogue.
Maybe this is where it starts - Nobody wants to see an 86yr old lady pleading for her son's life, so maybe this is enough now ?

... but maybe I'm just being wistful and naive ?

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Whats wrong with you people?
We can do something about this... we outnumber the militaries and the government, us poor people, us sheep.
its truly sad, the means the "terrorists" have to use to SHOW you nothing is going on there, the US just cooked up a story so they can take over another country. Whose the real button-pushers here? Remember Pearl Harbour? (Cutting off a main oil supply)
If we keep it up, we're going to allow soldiers running around our streets with AK-47s, which is the stage they're at.
you know why they were showing his fidgeting hands?
they're showing they don't put handcuffs on them, they treat them with respect and dignity (unlike the US)
Obviously he doesn't want to die, but it seems like he knows why he's going to, because our world is run by savages who have no morales.. and no respect for numbers, eerrr I mean humans.
We as a people need to stand and make a difference.. if this is truely a democracy it would eventually be up to us.. thats why its on the news.. don't just rely on 1 or 2 idiots making a decision

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Well,

the media should STOP airing and showing
these kidnappings, so we would not hear about it

thus rendering the hostage takers motives USELESS!!!

the more coverage it gets the better for them.

I don't really beleive Ken will be killed,
there just using him to get there megssage across.

they don't hate the UK that much, not as much as the US

I think they would kill a us citezen in the blink of an eye
but they have more respect for UK
They know blair is just doing what bush says.

and they are trying to seperate us which is a good thing

I would bet my gibson les paul custon black. guitar that
Ken will be freed within two weeks

and I think they will keep him captive for one more week to let it BREW.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Asala says,

Unfortunately I think this is bringing and prolonging the pain of the family,
I hope that theirs some twist of fate and he is released, but I feel that time is really running out now, and I think this video will haunt Tony Blair for a long time,
I agree but dont forget THATS THE POINT of what the terrorists are doing. They want you ALL to feel the pain for as long as possible. His beheading (when the video appears) should haunt ALL decent people, not just Blair or Bush....It should haunt MORE those that think appeasment or somehow reaching consessions with these barbaric thugs is the answer to make them go away.
I feel for his family too...but dont let your feelings rob you of your will to resist and to avenge him...dont let your emotions distract you from the war that is going on, or the fact that there are evil criminal thugs that would do the same to you if they had a chance.

Trentreznor says,

the media should STOP airing and showing these kidnappings, so we would not hear about it,thus rendering the hostage takers motives USELESS!!! the more coverage it gets the better for them.
I must disagree....not talking about this will not make it go away, it might just make YOU feel better about things. AS far as their motives, it would seem that they want to kill all westerners...they will continue to kidnap, make demands and then kill as many westerners as they can, weather you air it or not, others like al jezera will...and even if noone airs the tape...they will still kill westerners and or use them for making demands.
I think if the full beheading tape was run for everyone to see...while disturbing and distasteful, it would sink in what kind of seriously sick wackos were dealing with. yes many will say, oh the suffering is too great, but many will say...eliminate this problem by going and getting them before they get you. I say better you take the fight to them than let London (or Any western city) become a blown up shell of its former self like after ww2. saying the more coverage it gets is better for them isnt wrong, its just not totally accurate. How is showing proof that these people are brutal killers a bad thing? Its only bad if you allow your self to give up your will to resist them, which is PRECISELY what they want...surrender to their will.

Trent continues,

I don't really beleive Ken will be killed, there just using him to get there megssage across.
Their message isnt getting across by releasing him alive....giving him up alive makes them appear less barbaric, but killing him will get more attention and evoke stronger emotions...many of the surrender, give up the fight ones they want.

Trent claims,

they don't hate the UK that much, not as much as the US... I think they would kill a us citezen in the blink of an eye
but they have more respect for UK
They know blair is just doing what bush says.
and they are trying to seperate us which is a good thing
No offence here, but this is self delusional....if you hate someone, you hate them, while you might hate something more, you still hate the first thing. The UK is no less responsible for their plight than is the USA.

As far as saying that Blair is just doing what Bush says....WAKE UP!!
He is the soverign leader of the UK and is perfectly capable of making decisions for the UK with or without the USA. Are you saying that the UK is a puppet nation of the USA? I would never classify America's closest ally as a puppet and respect the people of the UK and its leaders because we are ALLIES! We work together AS EQUALS...Yes there is a give and take between the nations, but i wouldnt want to do anything to causea serious problem to arrise between the USA and UK.
You say dividing the 2 is a good thing? who's side are you on? Yeah the terrorists would love that, and if you do too, then i question where loyalties lie.

Trent, you will lose this bet...dont put up your guitar, use it to sing a song honoring the victim and condemming the murders. It wont be more than a few days before we'll find out the answer. Id take the wager except that betting on the demise of a hostage is a truely calous and heartless thing to do. Even suggesting this rhetorically would cause his family serious grief.

the only way to lessen the taking of hostages is to adopt the strategy that, while their lives were valued, and will be missed....it will not change our will to bring justice and the rule of law to the wild barbarians that would do such things....dont take the preassure to comply away or you will only encourage more of the same actions. Why stop cutting off heads if there is no threat to discourage you? Heck cut of MORE then.

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Unconfirmed reports at 4:30am est say he has been beheaded.

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 05:01 AM
link   
If he has been beheaded i doubt the media will report it until his family finds out.
Or maybe not.

Where did you hear or see these unconfirmed reports?

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 06:07 AM
link   
All the cable news stations...during their half hour updates. The latest one I heard that made me post was MSNBC.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Well, i think i said this was comming...
Go figure...
no mercy from zealot thugs....why did some of you think there would be?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join