It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AMERICA SEEKS TO DESTROY THE AUSTRALIAN ECONOMY

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by aaron2209

Ok let me put it into perspective here.

New Zealand introduced their carbon tax by an ex banker to which a price of leg of lamb went from $22 before the tax to $33 almost immediately after it was introduced. Thats excluding inflation.

A subsidy of $20 something dollars a month will do absolutely nothing. When the price of electricity rises EVERYTHING goes up dramatically.

Just like you said though, subsidies are only temporary, right?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Jace26

Well, I speak from personal experience. I know that there are people in Australia who are dirt bags, but have fortunately never met any.

How Governments treat each other is a different story however.

The US supposedly has money, while the UK not so much.

You have your problems with your Gov’t as we do with ours. You can’t blame another for the problems your Gov’t causes. It’s your Gov’t who are allowing this to happen.

I do not blame you in the least for being irritated as we are dealing with much the same thing here.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by aaron2209

Crap! People are becoming more impatient by the hour.

This is what being exposed to 24/7 information leads us to.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Jace26

yeah,it's always America's fault! Down with the US! give me a break.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78
reply to post by Jace26

yeah,it's always America's fault! Down with the US! give me a break.
Well, yes, yes it is.

America has had a hand in Australia's evolution since the 1940's, and through this time, have restricted Australia from things such as Nuclear Power. The USA was scared of Australia during the Cold War, as they were paranoid about eveything, and our leaders had major balls, to stand up and tell them to piss off. It was only after the CIA infiltrated the parties, that Australia began being the USA's bitch.

Do you know what. During the Cold War, the Russians infiltrated Australia (the same was done to the UK and US obviously), and started transmitting stuff back to the USSR. The US picked up on it and excluded Australia from everything. Australia was classed as an enemyof the USA for a short period of time. Eventually, after a couple of months, Australia as able to prove to the USA that we were not leaking information to the Russians.

So, yeah, your country has alienated and screwed up other countries, even that of your most important ally.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

r
your link was a real eye opener as to the amount of interferance so far that the CIA has had in Australiaand the whole region .
Bob Hawk looks like an opurtunist . I believe he was a womanising alcaholic at the stage in the Unions and best mates with the US .
The trouble with alot of these inbetweeners , men who never had to go to war for whatever ..never really grew any personal balls or real manhood . Not that I advocate war as a means of right of passage .

But you have to admit that everyone of our leaders who have never had to make real sacrafice are a bunch of spineless sell out whimps .

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Shame that we didn't remain unfriended by the US , As much as we are same culture people we are very different .

Americans are way too controlling and self centered . They blame every other group or countries , like England as causing the worlds ill , but they need only to look in the mirror to understnad that its a mindset , a mentality .

I need say nothng more

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev
Firstly, the CIA / US is not stupid enough to want to destroy the Australian economy, why would they want to kill a goose that lays golden eggs? But they do want some of these eggs. Australia is not telling the US to stick like Iran so I cannot preserve any motive for economic destruction, just some argy bargy over economic retribution.

As an Australian I do support the Carbon and Mining taxes. The only reason we are sticking with coal, oil and gas is the status quo and dependant social infrastructure. Why do solar cells greater than 20% efficient get locked up in national security? Why are systems like Blacklight power that only cost 1 cent/kwh with no emissions not getting the backing when coal costs 8 cent/kwh? There is a lot of economic, environmental and social harm going on all around the world, try not to get too diverted from the bigger issues.
The solar subject is my pet hate currently and will be for quite awhile.
Solars great and the initiive to get solar onto peoples roofs was a great one , but then it fell flat on it face .

They put the country into massive debt subsidising the solar panels then paying people for the feed in tothe grid . Great except the peoples taxes are paying for only a small amount of people to have free energy aftr installing the panels.
Not fair really .
What would be fair is that the power companies pay for that solar energy fed into the grid as they are required to in Germany. Instead of power companies being about profits , let them be a service and pay for the power they get from solar , instead of the tax payer paying for it then having to pay for higher energy bills on top of that .

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

edit on 21-3-2012 by BeforeTheHangmansNoose because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by pierregustavetoutant
I'm an American and I don't give 2 poops about your economy. Feel better?

I'm Australian and i probably care more for your people then you do.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeforeTheHangmansNoose

I'm an American and I don't give 2 poops about your economy. Feel better?

I'm Australian and i probably care more for your people then you do.

As an Australian, I hear you, mate.

I think it's in the society and the way it brings us all up.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Jace26

unfortunately our government has been compromised from "enemies" within. You can be assured every politician in Washington has a "file" on them which would be used as blackmail or they would have an unfortunate "accident" like Vince Foster or President Kennedy if they don't obey TPTB. Also, their are a lot of people of influence in our government who have "dual" citizenship with a little country in the Middle East who's agenda is put ahead of Americas.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
How would you like to live right next door to these mo fos........?
They have been screwing with the economies of their allies as easily as thier enemies.....
The thing is.....The whole system breeds a form of phsychotic behavior......
Its just that America is top dog right now, but britain before it sucked the blood of the nations.....
I tell you truely, the behavior that is countenanced, even prefferred behavior within the system, is a psychotic form of unanatural human behavior.(merely understand the criteria of success within the framework of it....)
Australia is no different, and the elites of Australia are right in there sucking sustenance from the very article and outrage you mention.....its a shell game, because the elites are international, and have no loyalties to you or your country....cant you see that?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
AS AN AMERICAN I feel insulted by this thread. You blame this on my people?

I have news for you... I am not out to ruin ANYONE'S economy especially Australia's.

I am a multi-business owner and have been for a long time probably before you were born.

I hold responsibility for what I do and what I do ALONE!

If you want to hate monger on the US please find a NON-AMERICAN website to do it on.

ATS has already suffered enough from its drop in true conspiratorial content to this nonsensical, hashed-up blabbery that people are defecating on it today ...and I say this as a loyal ATS'er who has been a member since 1999.

So please out of common respect stop with the US bashing.

Very few here on ATS(being mostly Americans) doesn't even know how your economy works.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanJP
reply to post by pierregustavetoutant

Shouldn't mods just BAN people like this?? What purpose are you serving?

I mean, I was going to contribute.. But I just see this as an almost bigger issue

Just kidding..

Honesty should be banned?
You must be a Democrat.

Apparently 300,000,000 people all think exactly the same and want to destroy Australia's economy. I was just pointing out how silly that notion is.
edit on 20-3-2012 by pierregustavetoutant because: (no reason given)

hahaha, and republicans never lie? You sir, are a riot.

ps. I'm libertarian and both of the two main parties are just as corrupt as the other from the outside looking in.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Better get mad at big oil too, BP is Greenpeaces' single largest funding source.

Followed by Bob Barker and Ady Gil of course.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Jace26,
Hey, I feel for you and all Australians. You have been a great ally, indeed. Please don't feel that it's Americans like myself that are desrtoying your economy.

I would ask you to research this Rockefeller. HE IS THE ONE, along with his cronies, that are destroying your economy. He's already done it to America and other Countries.

When you research him, use these words :"Rockefeller and the Illuminati."

I say this to all citizens of every Country: Please don't be fooled into thinking that the American people are behind the shenanigans of those that are pushing us into the One World System.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
How would you like to live right next door to these mo fos........?
They have been screwing with the economies of their allies as easily as thier enemies.....
The thing is.....The whole system breeds a form of phsychotic behavior......
Its just that America is top dog right now, but britain before it sucked the blood of the nations.....
I tell you truely, the behavior that is countenanced, even prefferred behavior within the system, is a psychotic form of unanatural human behavior.(merely understand the criteria of success within the framework of it....)
Australia is no different, and the elites of Australia are right in there sucking sustenance from the very article and outrage you mention.....its a shell game, because the elites are international, and have no loyalties to you or your country....cant you see that?

No, I don't because Australia's elites are not bankers and politicians.

Australia's elities are mining bosses most of which are worth more than even the Queen.
A LOT of the mining bosses are very patriotic Australians, which is why they are exposing the CIAs attempt to thwart Australia.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by maestromason
AS AN AMERICAN I feel insulted by this thread. You blame this on my people?

I have news for you... I am not out to ruin ANYONE'S economy especially Australia's.

I am a multi-business owner and have been for a long time probably before you were born.

I hold responsibility for what I do and what I do ALONE!

If you want to hate monger on the US please find a NON-AMERICAN website to do it on.

ATS has already suffered enough from its drop in true conspiratorial content to this nonsensical, hashed-up blabbery that people are defecating on it today ...and I say this as a loyal ATS'er who has been a member since 1999.

So please out of common respect stop with the US bashing.

Very few here on ATS(being mostly Americans) doesn't even know how your economy works.

Even if you didn't tell me you where American I would still have known you were.
Know how? Because Americans like to put the blame on others.

America IS trying to destroy the Australian economy, if anyone should feel insulted it is the Australians.
We have always been a great friend and ally for America but this is how you treat us in return.

Actually, this is a real conspiratorial event as it is all over the news and t.v in Australia.

Maybe YOU out of common respect should show a little more gratitude to Australia, we help you in any circumstances whether it be war or disaster, we don't ask for weapons, or money, or even glory (not that we would get it anyway).
So please respect Australia, you haven't got many friends left these days.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Jace26

You're blaming the tool, not the person using it.

Follow the money.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join