It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hospice ...Is this murder legal?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I agree that Hospice's purpose is comfort care in the dying process. BUT, BEWARE of who has power of attorney for health!

I am very sorry for what happened to you and your family member. My mother was not dying, either. My father, who

is senile, had durable power of attorney in healthcare for my mom. I am sure our situation was different; mom had a mild

stroke, dad did not take her in immediately and refused hospitalization. She improved with some of the normal Rehab

process, but dad insisted on getting Hospice despite her adult children's disapproval. He also called Customer Service and

badgered the physician until they conceded to Hospice (her internist had never even met my mom).

Kindred Care in the East Bay Area were the culprits; Vitas was wonderful for two weeks but they supported us siblings

and did not approve of dad's care. Dad fired Vitas, and in stepped Kindred and the Case Manager who would not heed any

of our suggestions and warnings about the morphine and drugs; she was dead in 10 days!!!

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join