It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Dream This Morning, Evil Dog?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Hello, I was awoken this morning by a dream that truly scared me.

First off, I will start by saying this; I used to record my dreams in the mornings, and sketch what I could remember. Practicing this technique has actually helped me greatly in remembering dreams in the long-term. Actually, my former roommate was born on January 10th, I on the 7th, and at least once a month we would wake up having had nearly identical dreams. Interesting stuff...

All that aside, here is what I remember distinctly;

At first, I was on a mountain top/cliff of sorts, I was massive (giant-like), as was the woman that was with me, and the mountain that I was atop seemed to be higher than anything earthly. I saw a large sword near me, and I took it from it's stand. I then ended up holding onto the edge of the cliff for dear life (I do not remember how I ended up there), finally, I was hoisted up by the woman, along with some of my own efforts. At this moment of standing back on my two feet, the entire scenario changed. I was a normal sized man, in my old high-school art building (I was on scholarships for visual arts). I am not a religious man in the slightest, I see forces at work, just not a "god" judging me from an objective standpoint.. I have, however, been studying the occult for awhile, amongst other interesting subjects. So, I am in the art building, and I feel without a SHADOW of a doubt, that the anti-christ is IN the building. There is nobody around except for an occasional dog lurking around, each of them boxers. I have a boxer of my own. The building is not dark, it is airy, bright, and rather inviting. Anybody that I manage to locate shows no interest in me, from what I recall. Until I come across a man doing handywork. I walk straight up to him and say "You have to listen to me, the anti-christ is HERE". He laughed my remark off, and pointed to his dog, an english pitbull if I don't remember correctly. I embraced the dog as soon as I see it, and once I release it... It's face changed to that of a most ugly looking man. It's mouth opened about two and a half times any normal man's mouth. The creature screamed so loud that I woke up during the scream. It seemed to match a frequency within me that struck fear into my damned heart!

I cannot find much on interpreting a transforming dog entity that goes around shrieking at people.

Can anybody help me with this? I am very interested at being able to decipher any meaning behind this.

Also, during the first part of the dream, when I was on the mountain, I was wearing a purple robe. Along with the woman (brunette).

Thanks!

(if anybody has a wealth of knowledge concerning dream interpretations, please PM me, I have many dreams recorded that I would not mind discussing)

I would like to point out also, that when the dogman thing opened it's mouth, NO teeth were visible, NO tongue, just darkness.
edit on 20-3-2012 by EvanJP because: (no reason given)

Purple is traditionally symbolic of royalty, nobility and purpose.

The color can denote compassion and kindness. It can also mean healing and a feeling of devotion.

This is from an Islamic interpretation..

Purple — The color purple in a dream represents a brilliant and a skilful housemaid. If one sees himself lifting something of purple color in a dream, it means that he will hire or kiss a housemaid. Purple in a dream is also interpreted to mean a beautiful woman. In general, the sweet aroma of a purple plant among other fragrant plants represent a woman who has little care for stability, or it may represent a short lived child, or it could mean health problems. If the color purple is mixed in a bouquet of flowers in a dream, it means love, affection and harmony. (Also see Colors)

This was strange...

To dream that you got a sword, means that you must prepare for a long feud.

However, I see this as well...

Sword To dream that you are wielding a sword represents your strength, ambition, competitive nature decisiveness and willpower. You are looking to hold a position of prestige, authority, and distinction. Alternatively, the sword may be seen as a phallic symbol and thus represent masculine power.

Woman To see a woman in your dream represents nurturance, passivity, caring nature, and love. It refers to your own female aspects or your mother. Alternatively, a woman indicates temptation and guilt. If you know the woman, then it may reflect concerns and feelings you have about her. To see an old woman in your dream indicates your concerns about aging and growing old. Alternatively, the old woman may be an archetypal figure to symbolize feminine power. To see a group of women talking in your dream refers to some gossip. To see a pregnant woman in your dream symbolizes abundant wealth.

I had no idea as to who the woman was.

Dog To see a dog in your dream symbolizes intuition, loyalty, generosity, protection, and fidelity. The dream suggests that your strong values and good intentions will enable you to go forward in the world and bring you success. The dream dog may also represent someone in your life who exhibits these qualities. Alternatively, to see a dog in your dream indicates a skill that you may have ignored or forgotten. If the dog is vicious and/or growling, then it indicates some inner conflict within yourself. It may also indicate betrayal and untrustworthiness. If the dog is dead or dying, then it means a loss of a good friend or a deterioration of your instincts

Demons To see demons in your dream represent ignorance, negativity, distress or your shadow self. It also forewarns of overindulgence and letting lust give way to your better judgment. As a result, your physical and mental health may suffer

I wouldn't call the dog a "demon".. I just figured that I would throw that in there.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Evil To dream that someone or something is evil denotes a repressed and/or forbidden aspect of yourself. This part of yourself may be seeking recognition and acknowledgment. Alternatively, evil may also be a reflection of your strong, negative emotions like hate, anger, etc.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I have some information that may be helpful to you. Hopefully this will aid in your quest to interpret this dream. It has been my experience that the dreams that leave a huge impact on a person, regardless if it is physically, mentally, or in a spiritual sense, do indeed carry a message.

Mountains have a deep spiritual significance, they are considered that which connects the heavens to the Earth (Axis Mundi), a place where man meets his God/Gods or receives messages. Mountains have long been considered a symbol to signify mans attempt to reach the divine, and have been used throughout history in various texts to illustrate its meaning. These huge formations are also related to the unknown and could also represent an obstacle that needs to be overcome. I often relate mountains to transcendental expereinces, solidity, fortitude, stillness and eternity. Cliffs personify facing danger or facing the unknown.
Swords in the spiritual sense are the power of authority and protection, to be given a sword in dreams indicates protection of that which is sacred. It is the weapon of spiritual strength and the inner warrior the tool used to cut away that which is needless and unnecessary. The sword stands for power, justice, courage and strength and a weapon of power.
The concept of school stands for learning new abilities or skills. In some cases it stands for lessons taught or lessons learned. This may also indicate a test or a challenge. In your dream the school was not dismal but airy and bright, indicating security and protection.
Dogs are typically viewed as symbols of loyalty, protection, intuition, devotion and generosity. To see a dog in dreams may also suggest some type of skill that may have been forgotten or ignored. These animals have carried a spiritual significance for centuries they have been depicted as the mediator between the seen and unseen worlds as well as being a guardian of the underworld. Dreams about dogs might also indicate a developing psychic sense. The dog and his shapeshifting face may represent some type of transformation, something that illuminates a new perception and understanding, a different level of consciousness.
The color purple is an uplifting shade and stands for nobility, hope and regard. Depending on the shade of purple such as violet or indigo may slightly alter this meaning.
I did not touch on the antichrist topic, I have always associated that with the devil. I am curious to know if you make that same connection?? Who is the antichrist to you???

I hope this answers some questions for you. I myself love the hidden meanings in dreams, sometimes we do our best thinking when we are sleeping!!!!!

PLPL

join