It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just read the antlantis thread that is now closed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I would love to bring to your attention these co-ordinates in google Earth,

28°12'15.71"N 96°40'19.51"W this is rather interesting as far as I'm concerned, what the heck is this ? Is it man made, could this potentially be Atlantis ? It's on the edge of a continent that seemingly surrounds a sea....

Here is another not far from the first.... 28°12'51.75"N and 96°39'37.09"W... This is weird, just thought I would share. Mods feel free to move if need be, I wanted to add this to the Atlantis thread but alas, I can not. I have other locations I feel also could be atlantis all of which happen to be on The Americas.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Ilyich

Both those coordinates are along the Texas Coastline, I really fail to see any connection to Atlantis. If we're going to speculate we could put Atlantis' location anywhere, and indeed that is just what those who have been searching for it have done for centuries. At this point the list of places not thought to be Atlantis would be shorter than the list of those put forth as possible locations of Atlantis.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Ilyich

I don't quite see the Atlantis connection but both coordinates look like some kind of target. Maybe for practice bomb runs or something? All I can see marked is a Wildlife area which would seem a bad place to practice so maybe it's some kind of other marker for pilots for some kind of (electronic?) practice. Just a wild stab in the dark.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Hi I want to follow this. Drunk and asleep and will read tomorrow.

Hope we can keep this thread going with content NOT from that site.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Bummer that the Atlantis post was closed. I had just written review giving kudos and could not post as it was already closed. Very well written. I will check these coordinates to see what I can see as well, thanks.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I tried several times and came up with Jonkoping, Sweden. Is this the correct location, if so, I see nothing of relevance.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Ilyich

Methinks that if Atlantis could be found with google earth without the concerted effort and attention to detailed research of the last post, we'd of been lined up to see the displays on museum exhibit tours years and years and decades ago when interested parties were purchasing satellite images (before google earth or even the internet existed) just for the specific purpose of having an orbital perspective.

I could, of course, be wrong.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
very interesting. You inspired me to download google earth on my ipad so I captured some screenshots.

Lemuria

Plato says in his book Critia5 that the main city of Atlantis was made of three rings of land separated by water like this:

He also says the city was constructed of red, black, and white stones. which is connected to the Great Pyramid.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

I just read the antlantis thread that is now closed,
reply to post by Ilyich

Guess I missed it.

Was it about an old ant farm that was dipped into the full sink?

Did they find the remnants of it?

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
With so many Atlantis threads on ATS, not one has shown to be correct yet, so I am majorly skeptical of this one too.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

I have the correct theory if you are interested.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by knightsofcydonia

I have the correct theory if you are interested.

LOL

Sure go ahead

Enlighten the world.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

que this up at 2:40 (if you wish to skip the introduction) and enjoy :-)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Ilyich

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
Thread closed for review. Reopened.

15c.) Intellectual Property: You will not Post any copyrighted material owned by others, material belonging to another person, material previously Posted by you on another website, or link to any copyrighted material without providing proper attribution*, as defined by TAN, to its original source. You will not Post any material that infringes, misappropriates, or violates any patent, trademark, trade secret, or other proprietary rights of TAN or any third party. You will not use your Postings on the Websites to promote your own personal website or any other website with which you may be associated without first receiving permission from TAN.
* Proper Attribution for the posting of copyrighted material owned by others is defined as posting a relevant snippet of the online content not to exceed 10% of the entire piece, a properly formed link back to the source website, and a clear indication of the name of the source website. The posting to these websites of any copyrighted material owned by others that is not found elsewhere online is prohibited.

edit on Tue Mar 20 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

edit on Tue Mar 20 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

very interesting. You inspired me to download google earth on my ipad so I captured some screenshots.
Plato says in his book Critia5 that the main city of Atlantis was made of three rings of land separated by water like this:

Not like that.
There was a canal leading into the center (of course.) How else to get the boats in?

He also says the city was constructed of red, black, and white stones. which is connected to the Great Pyramid.

Now you're just being silly.

Harte

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
If the story of Atlantis were to hold any water with me I would say that it is an over glamourized story from people who heard of contact with south america thousands of years before columbus and detailed the South Americans vast riches and beauty with their temples, gardens and walls gold.

It is more possible that someone sailed from or to the Ancient Americas and lived to tell about it. Man has always been an explorer. Brave, blind and valiantly they sailed into the darkness. The circular descriptions their lands from the atlantis story coincides with the building practices of the Ancient Americans.

Possible Solon then Plato were passing off a shady rumor while glamorizing it while it held some truth in attempts to boast about their knowledge over the common man.? Maybe.
edit on 21-3-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Wow, I'm surprised this thread has taken off as it has. I was trying to be quick when I posted this, I simply went to google earth and started drawing lines from the Pillars of Heracles across the Atlantic, this gives us an immense range from Newfoundland, all the United states, The gulf of Mexico sounds like a great spot to look for key clues to a potential location, as well south America is fair game just below the location mentioned in the other thread. Antarctica is a little far south to sail straight through the pillars of Heracles, how ever It is simply stated they sailed through the pillars of Heracles into Oceana, there isn't as much mention as to exact direction of travel.

There are plenty of locations that could easily be have been the fabled Atlantis. I personally, like the Idea of an ancient city in mexico. They were rather advanced for their time, as well the city didn't have paved streets. They were water, and were navigated by boat....

check it out.

Now may I bring you to an Article about my personal favourite candidate. I feel the Inca's would have appeared in many ways to be highly Advanced peoples, Whether it be the Mayan or South American Inca, these cultures shared much in common, but many differences as well. Their knowledge of astronomy and medicine was vast, how ever the Mayans were not necessarily a naval power but perhaps the original Atlantis was with in the gulf of mexico ? We have recently found that the bed under the gulf is a lava basin, as well through out history it's housed a vast variety of volcanic activity. There are active mud and bitumen volcanoes under the gulf, as well there have been Methane events in the gulf, who's the say the revered city of Atlantis wasn't located along the gulf coast somewhere? The sea bed has become unstable, and is still very active seismically. I could see an island on a river delta, or perhaps even a coral reef or piled up bitumen or mud Seemingly disappearing in an earthquake, or being consumed sinking deep in the mud when the volcanoes fed by this lava field erupt causing the basin to sink below the surface. There could even have been a mass release of methane causing liquifaction, or even a catastrophic explosion Destroying the city. Have there not been claims not long ago of ruins found in the gulf ? I heard very little afterwards but I'm going to search this now, how ever it takes much combing and filtering as everyone wants every find to be Atlantis.

Forgot the article ha ha

www.viewzone.com...
edit on 3/21/2012 by Ilyich because: (no reason given)

top topics

join