It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: Girl Hero Foils School Shooting/Bombing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
In these times the news far to often has a bad ending, But in this case it could have been much worse. Celia McGinty, 16 of Idaho met a Michigan teen online who wanted someone to talk to. He was angry, but she thought not dangerous... Until he sent his last instant message. A disturbing warning about his plan to attack his school..

DetNews.com Full Article

Celia McGinty, 16, could tell that the Michigan teen she met online wanted someone to talk to. He was angry, but she didn�t think he was dangerous until he sent his last instant message.

She was watching a movie and getting ready for bed when the youth whom police have identified as Andrew Osantowski sent the message that frightened her � a disturbing warning about his plan to attack his school.
�I didn�t want to wake up the next morning, see something on the news and be like, �OK, I knew about that the whole time,� � McGinty said Monday from her Idaho home.

�He was just like (saying): �What�s the point of putting it off any longer?� So it sounded like he moved from long-term planning to (saying), �Whatever. I don�t care if I get caught. I just have to get it over with.� �
McGinty�s comments are the latest insight into how the girl helped deter what police claim might have been a murderous rampage in a Macomb County high school.

She saved the Sept. 9 rant, which authorities used to charge Osantowski with planning a Columbine-style massacre at Chippewa Valley, where he started school Aug. 31.

Osantowski, 17, of Clinton Township is facing 10 felonies, including threatening an act of terrorism and concealing stolen firearms. He remains in the Macomb County Jail on $1.3 million bond. Also charged in the case was Osantowski�s father, Marvin, and family acquaintance Dominic Queentry.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

There is much more in the full article above.

This young woman was smart enough at her age to act on what she thought was a real threat, and may have saved an untold number of lives.

I am sure to the parents and children of that school she is their hero.

This could have been much worse, just look into the record of the teen she was talking online with and the weapons found in that home, along with videos. The father of the male teen also faces charges.

Had she have not done what she did the news I could be reporting would have been horrific and beyond imagination.

We need more heros like this!

Related Links:

Attempted murder charge considered for Macomb youth

[edit on 22-9-2004 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Good job on the girls part, it was a no-brainer. The boy wanted to get caught. He gave her all his info. He didn't really what to kill those kid, but he would have. He was reaching out, and when he would have done it, he would have been still reaching out.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
Good job on the girls part, it was a no-brainer. The boy wanted to get caught. He gave her all his info. He didn't really what to kill those kid, but he would have. He was reaching out, and when he would have done it, he would have been still reaching out.

He may have been reaching out.. But this kid was serious.. Just look at some of what the police found in his home:

Police display weapons, ammunition and bomb making materials found at the home of Andrew Osantowski on Friday in Clinton Township, Mich.

Source
Based on that information, police raided Osantowski's home Sept. 16 and found a trove of guns, knives, chemicals, bomb-making materials, and Nazi paraphernalia. They arrested Osantowski, his father, and Queentry. All are awaiting a Sept. 30 preliminary exam.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Maybe a no-brainer, but this girl could have written this all off as a prank.

Thank god or whatever you believe it that she had the good sense to tell someone because just look above and think what could have been.

Gazz

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I live only 20 minutes away from that high school and it is only 5 minutes away from where I go to college. I used to play basketball there in high school and we had a bit of a rivalry with them.

However it seems things never change. At my high school in 1995 we had 2 students break into the school, light candles, and turn on all the gas valves in the science lab. Fortunately, the candles went out before the gas became thick enough in the room to ignite. I knew both students. They were sophomores in my grade.

In 1997, my senior year a student was tipped off that another student had a pipe bomb in his trunk. The police came out and disposed of the bomb...I knew this student also. My girlfriend at the time and I had hung out with him and a few others just a couple days before hand. We had no clue.

It is some scary stuff.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Chippewa Valley High School is very close to where I live. It is strange hearing 'Chippewa Valley' and 'Clinton Township' being mentioned in National and World News reports.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Last night I followed a link from a seemingly well designed conspiracy forum and ended up on what appeared to be a neo-nazi forum. It took me a few moments to catch on, but when I figured it out I got a bit creeped out. It looks like the neo-nazi presence here is greater that I had ever thought.

All who posted seemed young, angry and used very violent language even to each other. Seems like we have a domestic terrorist movement as well. The world is certainly going crazy. I understand war... there are things to be gained from that. These people just wanna hate people, kill and destroy. They're freakin' nuts. I used to feel safe here...

top topics

join