It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm A Loser

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I couldn't let it go.

You say you can't get a job because you won't be able to get your school work done. What about work study programs?

Why are your friends leaving in May and you aren't?

You don't need cable. You need to work.

What major did your brother pick? What was his road to success?

Passions are great and all, but you need to do something to get yourself out of this whole. Why don't you listen to music WHILE YOU WORK?

DO WORK!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
You need game. that would solve a few of your problems.

enter roosh v....
www.rooshv.com...
www.rooshvforum.com...

some good reading materiel
- www.rooshvforum.com...
- www.rooshvforum.com...
- www.rooshv.com...

do not judge, this has become the rule of the modern western world.
its not your fault entirely, its the westernized society, zionism, capitalism and feminism...together their greedy inferior concepts have failed themselves and its people.

Get some game, now get a half decent job, earn some money, save up. now prepare to leave America and the Western World entirely, (including westernized europe). give them the finger forget the debt, they can go to hell. just go away. I know there is going to be a lot of chest thumping and flag weaving americans and westerners but ignore them and think about it.

edit on 21-3-2012 by coirener because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Change the attitude, dude!

I'm serious, this negative energy ain't gonna help you. I'm not dumbing down your problems, they are probably very real. But don't look at it as if the glass is half empty. Change your vibe by focusing on your positive aspects, try to find alternative ways to reward yourself, as rewards create positive energy. Try to ignore (not deny!) your problems for a while also to help boosting your positive energy. Ultimately this positive energy will help you being much more creative in finding solutions to your problems (and also will help you with getting laid :p )

Sounds lame and cliche? Sure.. but it's cliche for a reason, cause it is true.

I sincerely wish you all the best and wisdom, don't look too much to others, unless it is for absorbing their positive energy. Hopefully one day I'll see a thread here on ATS with the title 'I'm not a loser anymore!'

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Slightly shocked at the amount of negative posts regarding the OP's situation, don't get me wrong I understand more than anyone how everyone is struggling at the minute but I'm fairly certain the OP doesn't really need a raft of people telling him to "man up" or "get on with it"

Have a little compassion please people and offer constructive criticism.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Dude you must have had sex with quite a few women lol if he even has a wife the age of 16 lol If 16 women alone is not many women to sleep with and I've slept with less then why am I called a man whore >.< relax take a breath go for a quick walk come back to your house and think, what is it that I CAN do right and focus on all that you can DO and DO IT heck I'd never get anywhere with journalism let alone a 5th year good on ya mate, You got a friend in Australia I know its far away but hey life is held close to the heart.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
It could be worse. I use this statement a lot in my life. Whenever people complain to me about work or life in general I use the statement "it could be worse". Because no matter what situation you are in things could always be worse. The fact that you are a healthy individual with parents who obviously care very much about you, stands you in a better position than a hell of a lot of people. You have the foundations there to be a success. The rest is up to you.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubPop79
Fifth year Journalism student on academic probation. If I don't get my grades up, I am suspended from my university. I get A's in my major courses, but do horribly in non-major classes.

I'm exactly the same, I got kicked out of college 2 times for not passing a non-major class.

Damn Philosophy, they could of told me I wasn't suppose to think to get good grades!

Seriously, get a hold of yourself, you seem depressed but far from stupid. No one is perfect and I also feel it's hard to "fit in" the mold they want us to be...it always seems to small in some corners others too lumpy...like your dog's fat!

You have lost but are not a loser forever, # happens to the best of us. Some get easy lives and don't even notice how easy and lucky they are because it's all a matter of perception. I'm sure you have qualities that makes you a winner no matter how.

So you write...ok, seriously, if you have the skills in journalism, do you really need a degree?
Do you really need to pass non-major classes to work?

I know it helps but you should start right away to find a job in journalism. The only thing you need, that you probably already have, is really good articles that you wrote/will write.

You can always try to make an article on me, I'm a musician, open for interviews.
No, I am not under any major label...I could be considered a loser in the music domain but I don't feel that way. I'm proud of what I do, even tough I feel that everything is flawed...it's hard to judge oneself in arts.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SubPop79

Keep this in mind: we are only entitled to the air we breathe. Everything else is up to us to attain.

You said you used to write bit haven't had any inspiration. Looks to me you just wrote something plenty people can connect with.

You're in this situation for a specific reason. What have you not learned yet? Once you learn everything there is to learn about living this way, you will move on to better stuff. Every momemnt is a lesson.

I had to get a job at 14 to help pay bills. I put myself through school alone with no help from my family. I worked through College and budgeted so good that I was able to not work one year. I graduated in 4 years with a degree in biology while usually working 30 hours a week..and I was in clubs and a Greek organization. I only took out one loan of $10k and charged only $4k on a credit card...for summer school!

Long story short, I never once doubted my abilities to be great. I never stressed about where my next rent check would come from. I kept a sort of faith and belief that everything would always work in my favor.

You obviously know what you need to do. You need to work harder at school and finish. Take classes through the summer. You need to get a part time job. There are no excuses. If you are already doing bad at school without a job, what do you have to loose? Gain your dignity. You might only have one table and chair, but keep your apt clean and tidy. Take pride in every single thing you have.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Hey bro, I've BEEN there ok? When I was 21 I hadn't been laid in almost FIVE YEARS. Still have no car. Never went to college. Almost every day I have to ask myself if its time to put away my pride and apply for food stamps and welfare money. It's hard for me to work because of physical and mental disabilities like a hurt back and depression and I've been told by a professional I probably have ptsd from finding my mom dead... I could go on, but I don't want this to turn into MY rant. I never feel sorry for myself.

I always think about those who are wheelchair bound or worse, those who are homeless, those in 3rd world countries who are oppressed viciously, those who live in areas that make Americas ghettos look like PARADISE! And I wish I could help them, and I do. Even though I am poor as F###, I find a way to hand out gloves, hats, sandwiches, blankets, to the homeless in my area. And it makes me feel good. Not because I get to be around people who have it worse than me, but because it makes my life feel like its worth something and I actually meet interesting, kind people. My own people.. Maybe you should try getting to know the needy people in your area, people who can identify with your struggle. YOUR people.

I struggled with drug and alcohol addictions as a young man. But you know what I discovered? Life is a series of peaks and valleys. I admire the proverb used by Hispanics that goes "Smile now, cry later." (sometimes "laugh" is used in place of "smile") I used to never understand it, until I realized it really continues to say, ....then smile again, then cry again, then smile, then cry, then smile, then cry... And so on until the day you die. As you get older and gain wisdom and experience, you learn to deal with the crying moments better, and you learn to make the most of the laughing/smiling moments and make them last longer. Things WILL get better if you keep trying.

Unless there is something about you that you stubbornly refuse to change that is making people not want to be around you. Life is all about relationships with the other people you must share this earth with. Do you respect their right to an opinion? Do you SHOW that respect? Do you have annoying habits that drive people away, like getting too drunk at parties, or refusing to shower, or biting your toenails in public? Life is also about constant self improvement. This is mostly mental self improvement involving the things you say and do when in certain situations.

A lot of girls are not into guys with tons of muscles. I have the finest girl I've had in my life and she doesn't care that I'm slightly pudgy, and have no six pack abs... I used to have no self confidence, and girls saw through the false confidense that took it over the edge like I was the coolest most badass guy ever. Just be yourself. Admit where you are not the best. But don't whine to them. I treat my girl like a princess. That's what matters most, I think, is how you treat them. And you don't have to have tons of money or be Bruce lee, they just have to see that you love them enough that you will do Everything in your power to take care of them and protect them and make them feel special and loved.

Get some comet or bleach and clean out that moldy basement. Or find another place to live that cost around the same.

Think of what you do have. Parents able and willing to pay rent? Holy sh# man, you're so effen lucky! both my patents are dead and gone and the rest of the family disowned me during my drug and alcohol abusing years due to their super Christian abilities. No I never stole from them or Anything like that. They just heard I was drinking and drugging and that was IT.

You're in college right now? Holy sh# man, you're gonna have a way better chance at earning a living than I ever will!

I promise you this, one day you will look back on this and laugh. Meanwhile, men, women and children in Africa will continue to starve and catch AIDS.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by hhcore

What? He knows he's a looser, I know he's a looser, all I said was he should be a winner...its hardly insulting someone if we're all just being honest.

But hey, we could lie to him and tell him his life sounds sooooo fun.

But that wouldn't get him anywhere now would it???

Unless you want to pay me to sugar coat things, I call em how I see em, kapish?

edit on 21-3-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Yes Sinny... I capiche. sometimes.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by drgrantdiz

the whole world has problems.... comin on here whinging like a baby its very sad ... he needs 2 grow a pair

and thats is WHINGING

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimosa

and it's spelled whining you dumbass

not unless they meant to say 'whinging'. which i guess they did.
i think it's a fair point.

thanks alot

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join