It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm A Loser

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimosa
how can you have $100,000 of debt and have nothing to show for it?
actually how do you have $100,000 of debt? just wondering.

That's a good point even if your in your 5th years that's 20k a year I know families on less than that.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

Originally posted by lacrimosa
how can you have $100,000 of debt and have nothing to show for it?
actually how do you have $100,000 of debt? just wondering.

That's a good point even if your in your 5th years that's 20k a year I know families on less than that.

Out of state tuition.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
You sound like my wife. Always angry about what she doesn't have rather than being happy with what she does.

FIrst of all, anyone can get laid since the advent of the internet. Anyone. You have no excuse there, unless you need to lower your standards a little..

Next, get a chronic, incurable, excruciatingly painful disease that limits your physical abilities (can't play sports anymore, etc.) on top of all that, then talk to me.

Be thankful for your puke green chair, your TV and your dog. And if you manage to graduate, please report the truth rather than regurgitating the official agenda. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SubPop79

It's certainly one of the more heart-felt rants.

Getting laid is not really going to change your outlook or feelings for long. It's a bit like beer or cigarettes. It might feel good for a day but it's quickly forgotten in the overall scheme of things. In my (very limited) experience anyway. (Disclosure, it's been 4 years since I had any female contact and I hope it's at least another 4 but that's another story. You are young so to compare you to me is not the same. Just trying to point out that not everyone is a raging stud and that females swoon at their feet wherever they go.
)

The debt does sound nasty I must admit but perhaps a positive slant on that would be, they can't take what you don't have, obviously that is a worst case scenario so let's leave that alone for the moment.

Was accounting your choice? That sounds like the most boringly mind-numbing thing I could think of to study. In the UK they make jokes about accountants.

As for the laundry, I know you might not like the idea but maybe Mom could help out with that. Have they seen your conditions? I mean, they are the ones paying for it, if they knew they might offer to let you bring dirty clothes when you visit and go back with clean ones. Just an idea.

You are learning life lessons. Friends unfortunately come and go. Try moving to another country. Well, I guess the US is so big they might as well be but you do have email to keep in touch?

As for exercise, it's a pet hate of mine and I am in no condition to give advice but you can do simple things at home with just a chair. Youtube can help. In any case, eat as best you can.

Find some internet TV if you must. I prefer movies and have no TV or cable, just my monitor. The whole original Star Trek series has its own site. It's old sure, but they do stand the test of time omho.

Sorry to hear about your dog. Unfortunately that is the price of having pets.

Do not envy your brother. Be happy for him. Luck can be a wonderful thing and it can happen to you too.

I realise the prospect of working a possibly dead end job is not what you had hoped for but at least it's a job and you will get to meet people.

Music. I think you will have plenty of inspiration. It's called the Blues. I don't think I need to elaborate on all the great artists who did it the hard way.

Feeling worthless is sometimes par for the course. It won't last. You are an intelligent and well-articulated young man who has a lot going for him.

One last thought, could you not maybe do some small kinda freelance writing to add a little income, maybe something for a small local paper or an advertising agency? Just an idea.

I wish you luck and a change of fortune. As for furniture, I have a bed and an uncomfortable typists stool. My ex owned all the rest. Remember, everything is temporary and you seem to have parents that love and care for you.

Peace

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
FIrst of all, anyone can get laid since the advent of the internet. Anyone. You have no excuse there, unless you need to lower your standards a little..

or a lot, nothing wrong with standards though.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

have you 3,000th star on me

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I have been in your situation before and am doing well now. I had one thought that pulled me through. It is that, When you feel like your back is against the wall and you can't feel any lower, the only directions left to go are up and forward. The only thing I have to deal with now is debt but I made a plan and a schedule for my money and am also climbing out of that hole. Best of luck my friend.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Yup! Sorry to say...you are one big looser.

I suppose it's social etiquette for me to tell you: Chin up, become a winner

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Get rid of the internet. That should save you a few bucks right there.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkofmimir

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

or a lot, nothing wrong with standards though.

If you saw me and then saw some of the tail I pulled of the internet 12-14 years ago, you'd be surprised.

Just gotta have some game, that's all.

No offense to the ladies *snicker*

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Just came in to give you a hug and wish you well.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
Yup! Sorry to say...you are one big looser.

I suppose it's social etiquette for me to tell you: Chin up, become a winner

loser***

If people are going to insult the OP, should probably be sure this doesn't come back at you. Kinda like whinging.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Everything will be OK in the end.

If it's not OK, it's not the end yet. Don't worry.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I wanna share something with you.

No one is the reason for your own happiness or despair except yourself. Understand this...and things will start making sense.

Don't compare your life with others...their journey is different to yours.

Stop thinking too much! Its alright to not know all the answers, and you'll end up creating problems that weren't there to begin with.

"There is no guarantee that the universe will conform to our predispositions." -Carl Sagan

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

If I drop out of school, I get to go back home to suburbia, surrounded by idyllic families living their dreams, whilst I will probably be working indefinitely at Ace Hardware.

And that I believe is your problem , you've had it easy through your earlier life and now your in the real world and things are getting hard , you've got to get your head down and study or waste the four years of effort you've already put in .....but you already know that .

Feeling sorry for yourself and looking to the past will get you nowhere , apart from maybe a one way ticket to depression central and believe me you don't want that .

I guess your early 20s , you've got your whole life in front of you so just chow down on the crap sandwich now and knuckle down and study to raise your grades ..... you can either be your own best friend or your worst enemy ...the choice is yours

Good luck .

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Point your eyes to the sky and remember that the world is going to end anyway. It could be worse, you could still be living with your parents with no education at all as an alcoholic drug addict who lives in the loft or basement.
Some people live on the street in boxes. Your life is not over yet and with your current conditions you have no reason to get laid because this causes reproduction and you clearly cannot support it. Don't abuse the reproductive system, respect nature.

You're not the only one, remember this, there are lots of ill people out there.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by drgrantdiz

Originally posted by nofear39
stop whinging

stop being a worthless prick. This person has real problems and you come in and say something like that... and it's spelled whining you dumbass

They're two different words. Well done on noticing they're spelt different, eejit.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Listen dude, you have to get onto your grind and finish up university. Trust me, life gets a lot better, and stop comparing yourself to other people, you should not give a crap about what's going on. Just be grateful you even have an education compared to the millions of people around the world who die for it. In my opinion, I think you're very well off, you're doing well in your core classes, just step up your game for the non-cores. You should be fine, the more you panic and become anxious, the more problems you will bring upon yourself, which I can tell you is not worth it.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Here's my real world perspective on this.

You've probably made some pretty sorry choices up until now. Being on academic probation is one result of those choices.

1. You need to get with your advisers and find out what you can do to rectify that situation right f-ing now. You're close to flushing your entire college career down the toilet. Even if you're finding accounting difficult, you can still pass it with a good enough grade to keep you out of probation.

2. Why are you in your 5th year? Are you going for a Masters or did you take a lighter class load? Lighter class load without a good reason is a bad choice. If you're going for a Masters, is that necessary for the job field? Have you been active in internship programs?

3. As a follow up to the previous question, do you have any degrees so far?

4. Dogs die. It's unfortunate but reality. It doesn't make you a loser.

5. What are you doing in your spare time? If the answer is Internet stuff, that is a bad choice.

I can go on if you'd like.

You really need to get to work and drop all this emo crap. Life takes a lot of work and better choices to achieve success.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join