It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm A Loser

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Fifth year Journalism student on academic probation. If I don't get my grades up, I am suspended from my university. I get A's in my major courses, but do horribly in non-major classes. Currently, the worst I am doing in is Accounting.

I have no car.

I haven't been laid in over year.

I have a [snip], leaky, crooked, horribly built 1 bedroom apartment my parents pay for because I am over $100,000 dollars in debt and can't hack it. If I got a job, I wouldn't be able to get my school work done. Without a job, I have to keep asking my parents and this makes me feel incredibly like a guilty, worthless mooch. The closest store I can get groceries from is Dollar General.

The only place I can afford to do laundry, is my landlords moldy basement. My clothes either get dirtier or their stains move to other spots.

I want to exercise and gain back all the muscle mass I used to have, but that requires more and better food than I can currently get - and subsequently money I do not have.

The only real friends I have ever had are the ones I met here in school and they are literally all leaving me come May. I may never see any of them again. Alaska, Pittsburgh, Portland...

I have no cable. My TV sits on my carpet floor. I have no couch - only a single, puke green lazy boy.

My dog that I see only when I come home is going deaf and blind. His legs are weakening, and his fat lumps are growing. He is most likely dying.

My brother got a $60,000/yr job right out of college and is now married to a beautiful and charismatic girl who is younger than all the girls I have had sex with, and that is not many.

If I drop out of school, I get to go back home to suburbia, surrounded by idyllic families living their dreams, whilst I will probably be working indefinitely at Ace Hardware.

My only passions are photography, playing guitar and listening to music. I used to write, but have not had any inspiration in the longest time.

I have never felt so worthless.

End "rant."

edit on 20-3-2012 by SubPop79 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-3-2012 by SubPop79 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-3-2012 by elevatedone because: removed profanity

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
stop whinging

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
And I hope you don't believe that you're the only one in a crap hole right now. If you were, ATS wouldn't be necessary.

Only advice...Keep plugging full steam ahead and make it happen or...opt out and get off the grid.

2 choices, same as the rest of us.

Oh...And probably better not to announce to the World that you're a loser. Some things are just better off kept to yourself.

Peace

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Some people wake up with no food or clean water are we supposed to feel sorry for you?
Boo Hoo life is hard, man up buckle down and you will be sorted.
Sorry to be blunt but it sounds like you have a family which helps/loves you, don't compare your life to your brothers.
If you have to get a job do it and also study as well. I know many people who study and work full time, if they can do it so can you.
Your in your 5th year? not many to go then?.
I hope your next rant is how your boss is an arsehole and you can't find the time to spend your money on anything.
edit on 20-3-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SubPop79

If you really want to change those problems then you will. Until one makes a conscious effort of change each day, you will perpetually go in your circle that you have created. I.E. You will always be the same person as you where yesterday, until you become tomorrow my friend.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SubPop79

Always remember..."This too shall pass!"

Second

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I know how you feel.....but just because you are going through a tough time does not mean you're a loser. You never know what tomorrow will bring, you know? The only way to get out of it though is to make up your mind to change it.....but It won't just "happen" ...you have to MAKE it happen. Finish school though, that's important. Try to hang in there and set a goal for yourself.....that gives you something to look forward to. As far as a girlfriend or whatever...there is someone for you out there, and it will probably happen when you least expect it. But before you get into that you need to work on yourself and get where you want to be. I hope things change for you.....stay strong and never give up. You are not worthless....every one of us has worth.....sometimes we just take the wrong path and it's hard to find a way out.....but you can do it!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Sounds like you need a good ol' camp out in the woods for a while to gather yourself.
But,then may not be you and what you do.

I have been down to the bottom and manage to climb back out.
Many times.

What is not working for you now is either not the right path or just needs some tweeking.
But the good thing is when you rise up out of this mess,it will make you a better person,realizing that you don't want to go back there again will make you strive harder for a better way to live.

Hang in there.
Find a way out of that hole.
K

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
how can you have $100,000 of debt and have nothing to show for it?
actually how do you have $100,000 of debt? just wondering.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
It sounds like you are at or near rock bottom. On a good note, only up from here. Keep your head up, set some goals and work hard to reach them. Good luck.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Listen to the positive message here and not the filth from the bottom feeders.

You're going to be okay, you've spilled it all out and now you can start figuring out what to do. If you like taking photo's then start taking some photo's do like a soul search collage/portfolio type project and try to think positive, visualize the life you want and pick something small to start with.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I can sympathize I really can, the details of my life arn't important but suffice to say it sucks as well, Just remember that these problems while they may seem huge at the moment will be overcome in time.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkofmimir
Just remember that these problems while they may seem huge at the moment will be overcome in time.

I think that's easier said then done.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by nofear39
stop whinging

stop being a worthless prick. This person has real problems and you come in and say something like that... and it's spelled whining you dumbass

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
sell your soul..marineparade.net...

on a serious note hope things pick up for you though.
edit on 20-3-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

and it's spelled whining you dumbass

not unless they meant to say 'whinging'. which i guess they did.
i think it's a fair point.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
My wife worked part time through college and she had plenty of time to study. Pick yourself up and stop feeling miserable. Break all of your tasks into doable lumps. Talk to your teachers about how to improve. Study each subject at least 15 min. before you go to class and rewrite your notes after each class. Tell mom and dad you need more food. If you were smart enough to get into this, you are smart enough to get yourself out. Set your priorities and get it done. In the end, its our habits that make us winners or losers. Habitually saying 'I can" or "I can't" makes all the difference.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubPop79
Fifth year Journalism student...

What?
It takes five years to study journalism??

Considering what garbage constitutes "journalism" nowdays, I thought it was just a weekend course where you get told what opinions the company owners have.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

Originally posted by monkofmimir
Just remember that these problems while they may seem huge at the moment will be overcome in time.

I think that's easier said then done.

yeah I know when you have so many problem in front of you that they feel like they are drowning you words like mine seem distant and probably hollow but it is true. unless you hide away from them and deny them people naturally overcome there problems. Humans are remarkably resiliant.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Excuse me. Visual Journalism. I have to know everything a regular print journalist does, except I have to know basic website design, newspaper / magazine design, graphic design, editing, lighting, video, still photos, audio, etc.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join