It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Swedish UFO Sighting Yet?(HD)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Haha, what's so wrong with some of us thinking it's fake? (and isn't the same account the one with CGI effect clips they made linked somewhere in this thread already?) Does it say anything about a posters belief or not in UFO's if they do? Because with the way some people go so over the top you'd think that was the case. Instead of getting so wound up why not try showing us how you think it's real?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeguy
You know, it would make sense that when a video of this quality comes out you naysayers and agents of dis-info would be out with vengeance. Almost every single one of you uses a condescending tone, ridicules people for believing, and is a genuine ***hole.

That's just the type of thing that creates more division between the people that help us waste less time watching fake clips and the ones that believe and find the decent clips to check out. Why does there have to be such a division?

Why not try reading what James Carrion thinks too :

"On the spectrum of UFO belief, believers find themselves on one extreme and debunkers on the other. The sobering middle however is made up of the skeptical few whose arguments are normally drowned out by the masses on either end or by those like the media who either ignore the subject all together or it serves as their entertainment muse. It is a win-win for Black Project private industry and their intelligence agency compatriots as they achieve their objective of keeping the nosey citizenry and the media from examining their activities a little too closely.”

Link : Follow The Magic Thread

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by princeguy

If you're reading a condescending tone with everyone then you should read again. I've posted many times over the years saying if I get a great genuine ufo clip I know when show it here you'll all say it's faked. I'm sure I wrote it again just a few days ago.

Unless you study every ATS member's history you don't know if they're sceptics or what they are. They're just saying what they think of this. I'm on the fence because I know nothing about CGI.

But I do like this one

Everyone says it's CGI, but it looks very real to me. I'm still waiting to find out how they know that because "hahaha" or "it's the worst CGI I've ever seen" comments, don't tell me anything.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain
reply to post by nineix

Good point, however the author of the youtube channel is not the same guy that was filming and making the clip. The obvious relation here is that this guy experiencing the ufo was not very computer savvy and thus contacted someone that was to get help with analyzing the clip, and as this friend(cousin) also had a youtube channel he put it up for him, after adding the zoomed in view. The UFO does not have to be an add just because this computer savvy friend had some experience with adobe after effects.

Next.

That may be the story told but that does not make it true.

Also you had pointed out that "just because he has CGI vids, doesnt matter". Yes it does. When you are analyzing a video/photo, you have to take many things into account. You need to look at the YT channel and see if there is "intent" or not. I am not one to just believe one's testimony just because they open their mouth and words come out. People lie. People scam. People pull jokes/hoaxes. It happens daily.

I have to look at the totality of circumstances. And I would hope that anyone who truly is interested in truth and not confirmation of personal belief, would do the same

Logic says: if the person makes fake ufo videos, then there is no reason to say this is real.
Blind believing says: it doesnt matter what evidence shows, i believe; therefore, it is true.

IMPO, nothing about it looks real. And looking at this other stuff, he has the talent and ability to create fake stuff. It is absolutely logical to believe this is a hoax. There is no evidence pointing to it being real; but evidence pointing towards it being a hoax.
edit on March 21st 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eniii
The funny thing about this thread, the video and the comments is that someday in the future a video of a real sighting will be posted and you idiots will still put all your energy into crushing its credibility, each and everyone of you guys..

How else would we find out if it is a genuine sighting? Most of the stuff on ATS doesn't even stand up to elementary school scrutiny. When/if the real thing comes around I have no doubt we will know it pretty much right away.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by robhines

Haha, what's so wrong with some of us thinking it's fake?

Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion. However some people will always disbelieve any ufo clip since they do not believe in Ufos or Aliens at all, no point in having those people chime in.

If you are gonna point out something is fake, please give us reasons and your thoughts in why you are thinking so, as factual as possible and not just "a hunch" preferably. We should set our standards higher here on ATS than some people seemingly would like, i think. Thus intelligent discussion should be preferred to opinionated illogical ramblings based on "hunches" and "probabilities".

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain
reply to post by robhines

Haha, what's so wrong with some of us thinking it's fake?

Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion. However some people will always disbelieve any ufo clip since they do not believe in Ufos or Aliens at all, no point in having those people chime in.

If you are gonna point out something is fake, please give us reasons and your thoughts in why you are thinking so, as factual as possible and not just "a hunch" preferably. We should set our standards higher here on ATS than some people seemingly would like, i think. Thus intelligent discussion should be preferred to opinionated illogical ramblings based on "hunches" and "probabilities".

It is never good to assume things about people. Many of us skeptics are actually believers in life outside of Earth.....however, most of us has seen the piles of crap that is posted here via YT.....we know identifiable things in the skies (planes, stars, satellites, planets), we see the signs of hoaxes and CGI based on experience around these parts.......

Skeptic and voicing a differing opinion does NOT mean one does not believe.

That comment is very old and tiring.....and many of us have said over and over and over: WE BELIEVE, yet we also use reason and logic and know that people out there hoax and misidentify things all the time.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I'd like to preface this with, I am a hardcore skeptic. I believe that any real evidence pertaining to advanced life is immediately covered up and locked away due to the true implications. Technology is much too advanced to believe anything such as a photograph or video without mass eye witnesses, news coverage, presidential news conference, etc.

I'd have to say though, this is a fun one, so fun as to say, I'm not even going to decide on it.

The kicker for me, is that it was brought here by someone else. It was uploaded a month ago, but it's not like the guy was an ats member shoving it down everyone's throat, like "forgive me guys, i'm really rattled, I saw a ufo 5 minutes ago and I ran inside to post".

The physics seem right on the craft, and it almost comes off to me as a life form more than an operated vehicle.
Like a hummingbird feeding, then getting frightened and scurrying off.

It seems like it was doing something there, and got surprised by the ATV's. And the back story is legit, they seem to be in the middle of nowhere of the middle of nowhere, so it's possible that craft is around there all the time and it's never seen a human, or at least wasn't expecting to. Or whatever else was going on there, who knows, but the footage is compelling.

If this is a fake video, they nailed it. As a rule of thumb from now on, when you make a hoax video, compare it to this, if it isn't better, don't release it.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

It is never good to assume things about people. Many of us skeptics are actually believers in life outside of Earth.....however, most of us has seen the piles of crap that is posted here via YT.....we know identifiable things in the skies (planes, stars, satellites, planets), we see the signs of hoaxes and CGI based on experience around these parts....... Skeptic and voicing a differing opinion does NOT mean one does not believe. That comment is very old and tiring.....and many of us have said over and over and over: WE BELIEVE, yet we also use reason and logic and know that people out there hoax and misidentify things all the time.

Of course with this i agree, however those people where not the ones i was referring to. I am all for intelligent discussion and debunks based on factual evidence. However assumptions based on third-hand information as the ones attempted thus far in this thread does not draw a conclusive picture or constitute a definite debunk in any way.

What we need here is a frame analysis, possibly per-pixel analysis saying the Ufo have a tighter pixel-ratio than the surrounding areas, or similar technical evidence (If CGI), alternatively if not CGI, we would need some plausble way to explain what the craft might be based on it´s movement speed, relative size, and possible reflective properties.

Until then, all we can get is opinionated people chiming in with hunches and hearsay regardless of if they believe or disbelieve the footage for any reason.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
reply to post by princeguy

If you're reading a condescending tone with everyone then you should read again. I've posted many times over the years saying if I get a great genuine ufo clip I know when show it here you'll all say it's faked. I'm sure I wrote it again just a few days ago.

Unless you study every ATS member's history you don't know if they're sceptics or what they are. They're just saying what they think of this. I'm on the fence because I know nothing about CGI.

But I do like this one

Everyone says it's CGI, but it looks very real to me. I'm still waiting to find out how they know that because "hahaha" or "it's the worst CGI I've ever seen" comments, don't tell me anything.

Thats awesome

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
That didn't even require to watch the preadtor FX videos to say the UFO was a hoax. I just felt it hoax, it looked too much like some other hoax videos, the way it moved, I can just indicate it as pure cgi.

Rule 1. If you see a video in public and it shows too much details it is a hoax. That's the case of 100% of the videos in public, as there isn't a single video even with such details that is real. The chance that a video in public, on YouTube with such details is real is < 1%
edit on 21-3-2012 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Are you people mental this is obviously fake.
Sigh -_-

Sad this has so many flags and yes im a UFO expert. I've posted better vids on ATS in the past under other accounts
edit on 21-3-2012 by CaLyps0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaLyps0
Are you people mental this is obviously fake.
Sigh -_-

Sad this has so many flags and yes im a UFO expert. I've posted better vids on ATS in the past under other accounts

*Sigh*

Care to back that up in some way?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Hoax.....
He is probably a disinfo agent....

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by robhines

Originally posted by princeguy
You know, it would make sense that when a video of this quality comes out you naysayers and agents of dis-info would be out with vengeance. Almost every single one of you uses a condescending tone, ridicules people for believing, and is a genuine ***hole.

That's just the type of thing that creates more division between the people that help us waste less time watching fake clips and the ones that believe and find the decent clips to check out. Why does there have to be such a division?

Why not try reading what James Carrion thinks too :

"On the spectrum of UFO belief, believers find themselves on one extreme and debunkers on the other. The sobering middle however is made up of the skeptical few whose arguments are normally drowned out by the masses on either end or by those like the media who either ignore the subject all together or it serves as their entertainment muse. It is a win-win for Black Project private industry and their intelligence agency compatriots as they achieve their objective of keeping the nosey citizenry and the media from examining their activities a little too closely.”

Link : Follow The Magic Thread

You pose a very good point. I guess I just let my darker side out there.

What I get tired of is every video that ever goes up gets opposition, the better video, the more violent the naysayers are. I am in no way saying I believe that every video out there is real. BUT, I am positive that some are. Unless somebody has proof of this video being CGI than how can they condemn and criticize the believers? I guess the other thing that bothers me is that it doesn't matter how real the videos ever get, there will always be people out there that are so stuck in there little rut that they will never even attempt to open their mind to the possibility of life other than our planet.

I guess you caught me on a complicated day.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Due credit to their skills here.
Even watching from in hi-def at the very beginning they take the care to place the ufo behind small branches coming from the ground.
I'll go with hoax given their use of Fx in other vids but still nicely done.

The better the fakes the better we have to get at figuring out why they may or may not be real.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by CaLyps0

I'm no expert, can't you let me believe they exist? .....Please Please Mr CaLyps0.....Otherwise I will turn into a nonbeliever of UFOs.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

It is very well done, ive found probably 20 frames where it proves it fake throughout the whole video.
Im still working in my debunk video....is taking longer than first expected as.....they are pretty good at making these.

The top part of the screen has been masked, the 2 trees it appears behind are not really there....they have been added to hide the "ufo" and make it seem more genuine.

As i say, im still working on the video, finding all the tiny little flaws. Once ive found enough....to prove to the blind believers its fake....il make a video outlining the issues i have found.

As you say, credit where its due, this one is harder to disprove than most.

ETA: I dont believe we are alone in the universe as some of you may assume....i just dont think aliens are visiting us in shiny little spaceships

edit on 21-3-2012 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join