It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Swedish UFO Sighting Yet?(HD)

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo999
UFO's are real alright - and once you've seen one close up in broad daylight you won't be quite as skeptical.

So I take it you have personally seen one close up?.........do tell.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I take it back about this video, I assumed based on the other videos posted by this guy that it was fake. Apparently however, this video hasn't been tampered with and whatever it is, is definitely there.

Additionally, if it is a fake video, then it's one of the best.
edit on 4-4-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
I take it back about this video, I assumed based on the other videos posted by this guy that it was fake. Apparently however, this video hasn't been tampered with and whatever it is, is definitely there.

The dude is his mate....or in on it.

No expert would tell people that looked at the video in detail to "*&%$ off"....its bs.

The guys had a month to mess around with the video and fix the flaws that were evident. Loads of people have spotted them.

The voice thing proves to me its pure bs. Why would an expert try and disguise his voice?? Surely an expert would want to be known.....as the person who PROVED 100% without question there are aliens visiting.

Its another fabricated story, another video to get adsense. YAWWWWWWWWWWWWWN when will you guys learn eh

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Possibly, and yeah the guy is un-professional but, they're doing a lot to prove the validity of this video. I'll put this one in the "maybe" box for now.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Woah thanks for that one, that is exactly was i was waiting for to surface... an anaylsis by a REAL expert(if what he says about his background is true). Sure he masks his voice, but that might have legitimate reasons, still what he says about the footage is true, that earlier debunking attempt is pretty much debunked by this one. There is no mask line under the trees, the UFO is consistent with the surroundings, and it does not "appear and disappear" when behind the girl like one of the other vids claim (that vid was itself manipulated to make it look like it suddenly disappears).

Great that this guy got ahold of the original footage and was able to do a thorough analysis,

I don´t think this clip will be debunked in any way unless the original poster admits he faked it, but that is not going to happen since the clip is most probably real.

edit on 4-4-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-4-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain

Woah thanks for that one, that is exactly was i was waiting for to surface... an anayze by a REAL expert. Sure he masks his voice, but that might have legitimate reasons, still what he says is true, that earlier debunking attempt is pretty much debunked by this one. There is no mask line under the trees, the UFO is consistent with the surroundings, and it does not "appear and disappear" when behind the girl like one of the other vids claim (that vid was itself manipulated to make it look like it suddenly disappears).

Great that this guy got ahold of the original footage and was able to do a thorough analysis,

I don´t think this clip will be debunked in any way unless the original poster either admits he faked it, but that is not going to happen since the clip is most probably real.

lol a real expert you say.....yet he wont show his credentials and feels the need to mask his voice. OOOOK
What makes him an expert?? Because he confirmed what you believe?

Funny he would only send the original footage to a select few people. Why not stick it on a torrent site, where it can be downloaded and analyzed?? Plenty of sharing sites where quality would not be an issue.

Im pretty sure if this were available you would see the tweeks added. But hey, its real right. 1 random unknown on youtube says so....so its got to be true. How many of the other people he allegedly sent it to screamed fake after reviewing it?? Doesnt mention that, just uses the one who confirms its real LOL.

Is this YOUR video?? You seem pretty hell bent on ignoring the hundreds of other peoples opinions on the video.

Dont know why i bother to be honest

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Then why do you? You do not have to be a rocket scientist to see the flaws in all the previous debunking attempts, i am sorry if you are unable to, but i am not.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I think it looks pretty genuine the way it dips behind the trees and such, and i am inclined to say its real but after seeing the other videos the poster has posted on youtube i am inclined to take it with a pinch of salt and consider it may not be genuine. Even if its not real, its a pretty good fake.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

that is by far the worst analysis ive ever seen. it sucked. there was no real analysis. he fiddled with some things and his annoying talk over said nothing of value.

not only that the dude sounds like he is an anon wannabe...
i expected to hear him end with...

we are anonymous.
we are legion.
we believe.

And then the need for the profanity and telling everyone off. really?

sorry. that was not an analysis nor was it done by an "expert"....IMO.

fail.
edit on April 4th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Let me start by saying that I am a believer in ufos although I have never personally seen one. I would like to see something of a big event like a daytime event over the skies of chicago that gets witnessed by a few million people and filmed by a few thousand of those people. But from my side of it I would like to examine some type of alien, technology. It would most likely be electrical or electronic in nature obviously, as that is what I do for a living, I install all types of electronics equipment on peoples vehicles, alarms remote starters custom sound systems back up cameras gps systems, so I'm very familiar with interfacing with this type of equipment. Me attempting to reverse engineer this type of equipment would be am absolutely fascinating job. Another thing us that I get very disheartened by the prankster videos out there because stuff like that really has a destructive effect on people having serious discussions on the subject.I don't know if that video was real our fake, but from an electronics installers point of view I hope that stuff its real

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Being an expert does not mean you automatically appear "civil" and cannot feel passionate about something.

That said, this analysis is still by far the best we have in this thread so far, stabilizing the footage alone is not something i would have the patience or know how to do frame by frame like he did. Also the things he points out about the compression artifacts from the grass etc is interesting, and not touched on before. That is certainly an expert to me, even if (IF) what he says about his 10 years as a professional video editor is not true(but i see no reason to doubt this claim simply because he masked his voice)

No matter which way you twist it, that clip is still the biggest contribution to this thread so far, i would say. I am sad to see you do not appreciate it for what it is, but instead opt to attack the messenger like seems to be the norm not only in this thread but also in several others on ATS lately..

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Being an expert does not mean you automatically appear "civil" and cannot feel passionate about something.

That said, this analysis is still by far the best we have in this thread so far, stabilizing the footage alone is not something i would have the patience or know how to do frame by frame like he did. Also the things he points out about the compression artifacts from the grass etc is interesting, and not touched on before. That is certainly an expert to me, even if (IF) what he says about his 10 years as a professional video editor is not true(but i see no reason to doubt this claim simply because he masked his voice)

No matter which way you twist it, that clip is still the biggest contribution to this thread so far, i would say. I am sad to see you do not appreciate it for what it is, but instead opt to attack the messenger like seems to be the norm not only in this thread but also in several others on ATS lately..

I did not attack the messenger. Please do not make things up. I attacked the video and gave my opinion on it. But as always differing opinions are never allowed, especially by staff.

My opinion of the video remains. Your opinion remains. Isn't it great we all get to voice our opinions.
edit on April 4th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
just watch the dude's videos, he is clearly a movie making guru, no doubt in my mind this is fake now. I mean come on, he makes predator movie fanvids, that looks almost as good as the real deal. I was impressed and then quickly saddened... lol

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Wow, that "expert's" video is full of so many flaws!

1) First off, his stabilization of the video is crap! He couldn't even lock the horizon in place. You can see the entire video bouncing around. It looks like he used a half assed automatic warp stabilizer set to position, scale, rotate which had a very hard time finding a good point to stabilize. If this is a real "expert" it's not a very good one.

2) At 2:36 in the video he claims the "trees and grass are smearing around and moving around more than the UFO", and he says "this is because of compression". He says "you can't blame that on motion tracking, it could as well be compression for all I know"....

The guy doesn't know what he is talking about. The trees and grass were smearing around and moving around because he is looking at a very badly stabilized video that was originally shaking around. That "smearing" is MOTION BLUR, not compression! When you shake a camera around it causes very small motion blur streaks on objects, and when you stabilize the video you still see the pixels making streaks, and it appears like smearing. Stabilization can't get rid of streaks/smear, all the pixel data remains the same.

Shaking a camera also makes light rays pass over the border between each pixel on the CCD, and that causes what looks to be like pixels flickering as the light rays are not exactly hitting 1 CCD pixel but are hitting the edge between 2 CCD pixels, and it makes them appear different for a split second.

What expert would blame that on compression? There is no such compression algorithm that "smears" things around. Compression algorithms only reduce the amount of unique colors in a video in order to reduce the size of the definition table and make the over all pixel data compression more simplified. Compression algorithms find the most commonly used colors in a video, and then changes the least common colors to the nearest common color it matches. This causes blocks to appear because it does this check in small blocks, and can sometimes appear like someone did a "flood fill" on some pixels. Compression WILL NOT cause something to smear around or jump around excessively!

This video here is PROOF that the video is fake:

As you can see, the UFO jumps around to different positions when the girl's body passes over it. This is a VERY common mistake when people composite fake objects into a scene and try to make other objects pass in front of it. It's called "position consistency", or "inconsistency" in this case.

This error actually gives you a clue on how they motion tracked the video in order to "match move" the UFO into the video. The UFO jumps around because the tracking point that was tracking the movement of the video was on the left tree. When the girls body blocked the left tree from view, this made the tracking point get lost, and jump around, and it even started to track the girls body so the UFO jumps down for a frame because the girl's body was moving down. Then when the girls body was no longer blocking the tree from view the UFO snaps back into place because it can now see the tree (the original tracking point) and know where it is supposed to be. The creater of the video either didn't notice or didn't take the time to fix it.

I highly doubt the guy is an expert. I would put my money on him being the creator though! Only because he is in contact with the original uploader, he sucks at stabilizating video which is what caused the error above, and because he took this so personal and resulted to personal attacks (he didn't like people pointing out his errors).

edit on 4-4-2012 by UnumSecretum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Wow, what a bull# analysis.

Why didn't he talk about how the UFO seems to skip around as it darts behind the tree line?

He hit the nail on the head as far as why someone would add a masking line. To add trees. So the UFO can go behind them.. Then he dismisses it and tells everyone to # off.

Classy.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

That said, this analysis is still by far the best we have in this thread so far, stabilizing the footage alone is not something i would have the patience or know how to do frame by frame like he did.

He didn't stabilize the footage frame by frame. He obviously used an AUTOMATIC warp stabilizer which did a very horrible job (they always do horribly). I'm sure if he would have done it frame by frame it would have come out a lot better.

This video was stabilized frame by frame:
www.youtube.com...

Also the things he points out about the compression artifacts from the grass etc is interesting, and not touched on before.

The things he pointed out about compression were completely wrong and show a total lack of understanding of basic compression algorithms. Like stated, he attributed the "smearing" of pixels to compression, when the "smearing" is actually micro motion blur streaks. There is no compression algorithm that "smears" pixels, sorry.

That is certainly an expert to me, even if (IF) what he says about his 10 years as a professional video editor is not true(but i see no reason to doubt this claim simply because he masked his voice)

So he is an expert to you because.......? He can sell you lies and you can buy it?

Actually, this is the biggest contribution to this thread so far:
www.youtube.com...

But it seems you do not understand what is being shown in the video, what it means, why it happens, and appreciate it for what it is.... You would rather hang on to confirmation bias, and only believe things that support your belief even if they are blatantly false.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Then why do you? You do not have to be a rocket scientist to see the flaws in all the previous debunking attempts, i am sorry if you are unable to, but i am not.

I notice you ignored everything else in that post, and only quoted what you wanted to....good job

You are taking the word of one person over many hundreds, who know its fake....cant teach an old dog new tricks comes to mind

As GEL pointed out, it wasnt an analysis just an insulting video made by one of his buddies to make him sound more legit. If this guy really is a CGI expert, he needs to go back to school and brush up on a few things. Im convinced this video is fake, and im convinced the person who made the follow up is a buddy of his.

Im no expert, but i do use the program (AE, Vegas pro, Maya, 3ds max...poser etc etc)...what qualifies you to say this person is correct?? You say the flaws outlined by NUMEROUS people are wrong...care to make a video showing us WHY? Show us your expert skills and analysis of this video...put up...or shut up

I doubt you have even heard of most of the CGI software, yet you THINK you know better than people who do...
I doubt you could even start half of the programs i mentioned lol.

I dont know if you pay any attention, but the site motto is "Deny ignorance". Do you understand the meaning of that? I just see you going along with whatever, as long as it is in line with your thinking. Ie...aliens are real, we are visited hundreds of times a day...by craft that look like balloons, planes...reflections and all the other stuff Youtube is littered with.

Do you think if this were legit....it would still be on youtube?? Do you think a world renowned digital compositor (his words not mine) would waste their time with a nobody on Youtube?? Dont you find it odd there are more videos pointing the flaws out that are suggesting its real??

The video (original one) has about 90k views and is a month old. Its a drop in the ocean really for Youtube views, i get more than that in a week (over 3 channels). One of which is known on here, the other two....you will have to guess lol. It didnt go viral like he had hoped, hence all the follow up vids...and BS professional/expert analysis.
Congrats on probably generating 20k views from here. Some of the most viewed hoaxes use these type of forums to push their lies and bs. There are hundreds of forums, with people like you....who believe anything.

I know how much people can make off of youtube, hence so many fake vids of UFO's. You guys are very easy to convince
Doesnt really take much, as you go to watch these videos with the expectation and belief that aliens are real.

Anyways, its my bed time...you can debate this until the cows come home, it wont change the fact the video is a hoax.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy

Woah thanks for that one, that is exactly was i was waiting for to surface... an anayze by a REAL expert. Sure he masks his voice, but that might have legitimate reasons, still what he says is true, that earlier debunking attempt is pretty much debunked by this one. There is no mask line under the trees, the UFO is consistent with the surroundings, and it does not "appear and disappear" when behind the girl like one of the other vids claim (that vid was itself manipulated to make it look like it suddenly disappears).

I don´t think this clip will be debunked in any way unless the original poster either admits he faked it, but that is not going to happen since the clip is most probably real.

lol a real expert you say.....yet he wont show his credentials and feels the need to mask his voice. OOOOK
What makes him an expert?? Because he confirmed what you believe?

Funny he would only send the original footage to a select few people. Why not stick it on a torrent site, where it can be downloaded and analyzed?? Plenty of sharing sites where quality would not be an issue.

Im pretty sure if this were available you would see the tweeks added. But hey, its real right. 1 random unknown on youtube says so....so its got to be true. How many of the other people he allegedly sent it to screamed fake after reviewing it?? Doesnt mention that, just uses the one who confirms its real LOL.

Is this YOUR video?? You seem pretty hell bent on ignoring the hundreds of other peoples opinions on the video.

I only listen to other peoples opinions when they have something constructive to say and no, I am not associated with this video in any way, shape or form.

If it is a hoax, and it MIGHT be, then I do agree with un-professional-video anayliser man in that it is a very well done hoax.

Just keeping an open mind to it, it may be fake, it may not

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I think there is more than enough evidence to move this to the hoax bin.

Otherwise the lazy single post readers will keep popping in declaring it as real.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
I think there is more than enough evidence to move this to the hoax bin.

Otherwise the lazy single post readers will keep popping in declaring it as real.

If you are convinced it is a hoax, why are you still here? There are some of us that are not convinced by any of the silly debunking attempts so far, but on the contrary... believe it to still be real. Maybe it is you that ought to move to the hoax bin?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join