It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin - Louds Booms & Rumblings in the Ground.. Continue

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
reply to post by hapablab

The 7 day list shows only 2.5 or greater. If you click on "Real Time" for the USA you will see a map with quakes both above and below 2.5. Quake boxes on the map are linked to pages with data for each quake.

Latest Earthquakes in the World - Past 7 days
Latest Earthquakes Magnitude 2.5 or Greater in the United States and Adjacent Areas and Magnitude 4.5 or Greater in the Rest of the World - Last 7 days
earthquake.usgs.gov...

Here's a screenshot of the 1.5:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

edit on 3/22/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: link

AH ok thank you, such a confusing website for me, I did click the larger magnitude one.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
The AP is claiming it's a 1.5 magnitude quake that is causing the booms and rumblings.

AP report

A geophysicist says he doubts that's what making the noise but the City Administrator held a conference claiming to have solved the problem.
edit on 22-3-2012 by happyhomemaker29 because: fixed a line

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Are you familiar with the fissure that opened up in the area? I don't know if there have been reports of unexplained fissures opening in other areas where the sound has been reported. Just thought I'd mention it.

Coordinates:

45°12'48.44"N

87°35'15.57"W

Earth Changes?Unexplained Crevice Appears in Michigan
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by PatriotsPride

Earth Changes?Unexplained Crevice Appears in Michigan

theintelhub.com

A large crevice,stretching almost two football fields,suddenly appeared in the wood near Birch Creek.
MENOMINEE TOWNSHIP-It's a geological phenomenon that has both authorities and Menominee Township residents scratching their heads.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 7-10-2010 by PatriotsPride because: I misspelled earth

Unexplained Crack Splits UP Backyard
www.fox11online.com...

Unexplained Crack Splits UP Backyard
Updated: Wednesday, 06 Oct 2010, 11:11 AM CDT
Published : Tuesday, 05 Oct 2010, 9:36 PM CDT

BIRCH CREEK, Mich. - A Michigan family's property has a sudden unexplained divide.

A large unexplained crack now runs 200 yards through the Salewsky family's property, eight miles north of Menominee in Birch Creek.

The family thinks it happened yesterday around 9:00 in the morning. The ground raised five feet up, taking trees along for the ride.

Some cracks were up two feet wide and five feet deep.

"The house shook, the chairs shook," Doug Salewsky said. "The logs weren't there when I piled them."

Salewsky doesn't know what caused his backyard to split in two and neither do police.

There have been no recent reports of any earthquakes in the area.

People specializing in geological surveying are being called in to try and explain the phenomenon.
www.fox11online.com...

www.freerepublic.com...

The Menominee Crack
www.geo.mtu.edu...

On Monday morning, 04 October 2010, a large noise and shaking were observed in a small area north of the town of Menominee, in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula. The following day, a local resident returned to the site of a fallen tree that was being removed for firewood, and observed a large crack in the ground. This feature was reported to local officials, who contacted Michigan Tech, and the news media.

On Sunday, 09 October, Dr Wayne Pennington, Chair of the Department of Geological and Mining Engineering and Sciences of Michigan Technological University, visited the site (figure 1 and figure 2). The following is a report of observations and tentative conclusions...
www.geo.mtu.edu...

(see article for more)

Location Of Fissure:

Are map showing Clintonville, Wisconsin and Menominee, MIchigan:

edit on 3/23/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Im not sure if anyone mentioned this or not -

Arkansas had the same issues when it came to minor quakes, animals dropping dead etc. Its been pointing to fracking as being the culprit. Wisconsin has under went a fracking boom as of late.

Wisconsin feeding a fracking boom in U.S.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
''Very rare for Wisconsin"

"People cannot feel a 1.5 Mag"

Yet they did, for multiple days... aftershocks?

or PRE shocks?

Notice the one guy mentioned he doesn't buy it. Yes, officials may be lying to everyone. Must be an ATSer, or just smart!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
WOW... several days later and the BOOMs have gotten LOUDER

what the heck is going on how is USGS gonna explain it now, say the miniquakes got bigger?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Mysterious boom heard along central California Pacific coast

this mentions a military jet sighting
link
edit on 28-3-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Im not sure if anyone mentioned this or not -

Arkansas had the same issues when it came to minor quakes, animals dropping dead etc. Its been pointing to fracking as being the culprit. Wisconsin has under went a fracking boom as of late.

Wisconsin feeding a fracking boom in U.S.

they are also having a sand mining boom because of all the sandstone there (sand for fracking). put all that together and you've got a lot of explosvies. new sites pop up everyday. it's one possible explanation. i've posted about the sand mining boom in one or two of these threads but i think it was largely ignored.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

WTH Ufos? Zionists?

Lost Languages?!

PaNdeMoNiUm?!?!?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I know the recording is lame, but after not hearing this for over a month, it came back this morning. The first few booms were so loud, it shook the whole house.....I grabbed my camera and caught the last one.I was till half asleep....wish I could have caught it all. It's at the end of the video. You might be able to hear the low roaring sound in the background if you use headphones....and turn up the volume, but you can definitely hear the boom at the end. I'll try to catch a better recording if I hear it again. It scared us to death!

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
fox17online.com...

They're back.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join