It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congrats TPTB! Society is totally conditioned! Manning > Major Earthquake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I just needed to vent for a minute. I live in Denver. Do you think there has been anything on the news regarding the earthquake in Mexico? NOPE! I logged into Facebook and see all these "This is a historic day" posts all about Peyton Manning. Don't get me wrong, I am definitely buying Broncos tickets this year! lol I love the Manning brothers. But come on! I saw a post on Twitter about the earthquake, so I checked the local news. Both TV and web. Nothing. I went to MSNBC, then onto here. It's been what, about 45 minutes and still no mention of it here locally.
I would really like to play the sounds of sheep bawing to the majority of people I know.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Go back to sleep or go to the mall you will feel better after you buy something...

hehe

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by PassedKarma

First of all, the American MSM has and will always air nonsense instead of real news. Some say its because of the ratings game, which is true but not the lone factor. The other factor is keep people unaware. But to honest, how many Americans give a crap about an earthquake? They will if said EQ does major destruction, and if that happens then the MSM will carry it and America will be "informed". One last factor is the MSM is controlled by the richest people in the world, who are not looking out for anyones best interest but their own.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
CNN is talking about it right now, at least. Showing some videos.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ReadyPower

The Drudge Report is carrying a story on it brought to us by CBS. So there ya go.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Think back to Rome and their conquest to conquer the world. How did they keep the masses distracted? Games games games. Pile everyone into the Colosseum and keep the masses entertained and distracted from what is really going on. No different here.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
RSOE,

They are reporting it on their web page

Can't supress infortmation forever

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Seriously. I just went to

news.yahoo.com
msnbc.com
seattle times
cnn
fox
Bing
slate.com
tacoma news tribune
la times
wall street journal
new york times

EVERY SINGLE ONE of these outlets had the Mexico quake as the lead story. I just hit em at random. So I think your premis is flawed.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

Indeed! I don't know why it's bothering me so much. I know how things are in the world, so I usually don't get so worked up when it seems like nobody cares. But are we really valuing a quarterback this much? To be blissfully ignorant...

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I am not sure what it is like everywhere else. But where I am, UK Bball rules supreme. Nothing can be stated or done without some part of this damn game being part of the decision making process. Then to really top it off, being a number 1 seed makes it all that much worse. Then, if you are not part of the BlueBloods(our version of the Boys Club), then you might as well be a terrorist for not supporting our team. I get a really crazy look from people when asked about our team, I give a stupid response of, I hope both teams loose the game.

edit on 20-3-2012 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I came home about 3 hours ago and decided to put it on CNN or Sky. I skipped through for about 10 minutes as both channels were running the story about the manhunt in France. And then it came up as breaking news. Still screamed from the lounge to my girlfriend "holy s**tballs! The 188 day cycle thing could very well be real!"

It still took me 10 mins, at least, to get settled, and then i went online. There was only one thread about the earthquake, and soon afterwards a second thread was started. The first thread was still on page 1, so the news was not that slow.

Still ATS is where i run to for news!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I just need to vent as well. I joined ATS because there's lots of stuff that make you think on this site. I went for months with out getting on ATS because too many people on this site are what's wrong with the world today. They complain and gripe about everything because it's not there way. When the truth is I bet most of the people on ATS are stupid. Just like this rant I'm replying too. Not really calling you stupid but the earthquake is on every single news channel, and here you are complaining that your town just got the greatest QB of all times and your LOCAL news is covering LOCAL news. You want news that's not LOCAL turn it to a NON LOCAL news station. Im not truly mad at you I'm from Indianapolis and been a colts fan all my life and Peyton Manning will do so much for your town. He paid to have a hospital built here donates tons of cash to the city all the time. Just frustrated to see Peyton go to a town where he won't be appreciated. At least it seems that way from your post, but who knows you could be one of those people that just don't have an athletic bone in there body and don't truly understand what it means to be a sports fan. Just turn to the Internet if you want real news you can't be that dumb to expect them to cover only what you want them to.

new topics

top topics

join