It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cable TV and Emergency braodcast System

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I noticed today as bad storms rolled through our area I had several TV's on. The den and kitchen tv cable screen went blank/snow and I head his strange voices from the back porch, stepped out on the porch to notice the Emergency braodcasting weather System giving storm and tornado details in the area.
The back porch TV is a OLD tube analog tv,, the others are digital lcd tv's ,

So the emergency weather and broad cast system dont work on digital tv's?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Your system must be malfunctioning or something... I've had 7 EAS alert 'tests' in the last 10 days. Some say monthly and some say weekly. 1 came at the height of a storm the other night. An EAS TEST during a REAL storm. What are the idiots thinking?? So I get buried in tests that aren't supposed to be happening every other day...while folks like you get nothing at all. It's a crazy system. Don't you feel confident that it will work to inform us if anything happens we need to be concerned with? lol

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
it maybe that the old tv is hard wired to the american EB system and as such it knows to overide the current program to tell you that something nasty is in the area but more modern tv's are designed to pretty much be used around the world and require setup for the region and perhaps being that they are made in some other country they dont need to follow the same rules as american made tv sets

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Honestly guys...that's why I have an NOAA alert radio, scanner, and actually receive alerts through my home thermostat that is connected to a Nexius Home Solutions program..I don't trust ANYTHING that our gubberment has "engineered". It won't work when needed..funny how that works.

new topics

top topics

join