It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heavy Mass Object In-Coming?

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by Human_Alien

The first article is from the fake astronomers from Spain that are claiming a remote supernova remnant is close to our solar system when it can be determined to be tens of thousands of light years away.

In the second article it claims that Harrington was looking for Planet X with an 8 inch scope. I own an 8inch scope as do hundreds of thousands of others.

Everyone knows that Harrington was searching for Planet X. We know why he was searching and we also know why he and many others were misled by an incorrect mass of Neptune. Harrington was one of the last working on the search for Planet X.

Today we know that there can be no planet sized mass within 70AU.

There might be a planet sized object really far away. If it exists, then it will never come close to the inner part of the solar system where the known planets orbit.

Yeah...........this is why your naysayer buddy ought not ask for any amateur takes on the situation.

Look what we're doing to our own president!?!

So you think an amateur astronomer stands a chance?
But when you naysayers are out of ammunition, you ask for a set-up like your fellow-believer just did.

Been there, done that and bought the tee-shirt!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
turn on the caption audio transcriber that youtube has for this video and then move it to 4:10 roughly and start reading the caption.... the guy says," thats why nasa is saying....blah blah blah" and youtube translation reads," the swine ass says..." haha... i love live experimental testing

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by camus154

Uh....ok....that wasn't really the point of the thought experiments

Are you saying that this thought experiment is not appropriate to the content of this thread which should be about a heavy mass object?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ajay59
My biggest question is; If an HMO were entering our solar system, what would be the motivation of a few certain people (admittedly uninterested) dog a thread for thirty pages on a theory they disbelieve in?

It's simple really:

Do you want people to take things that are new, out of this world, extrordinary, have no current scientific answer for more seriously?

It will never happen so long as you have people that are willing to post videos or information that is either a hoax or misleading, all for either money gain, or for the "lulz" of it.

No one with a good reputation wants to take many of these things seriously, because of the large amount of people that buy into every video or posted information that they see, without questioning it.

Don't you get tired of seeing that news announcer smirk, chuckle or even laugh out loud? Get tired of people calling you or others "nut jobs" or "crazy"?
A lot of that would end, if some of these subjects were taken more seriously. However, every time someone posts a YouTube video, simply so they can get cash for the amount of hits they get, or write a book simple because they know that so many people who will blindly believe, but not question will buy their book, we will remain far from any serious research being done.

So why argue about it for 30 pages on a thread? Because some of us would like to believe in things, but with real world science to back it up. But we'd also like to fight against ignorance of those who will believe anything without question, thought, common sense, or science.

It's that simple.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Why does an HMO have to be detected by our known scientific methods? I seen recently that E=MC2 is not quite right when scientists accelerated a particle beyond light speed! Our science, as we know it is not right!

It is completely obvious to most here what the motivation is of someone to dog a thread for THIRTY+ pages on something they are not interested in!

edit on 21-3-2012 by ajay59 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

There are no naysayers here. There are those promoting hoax such as yourself and there are people pointing out the glaring fallacies in the hoax you are promoting.

As far as the 2 articles you linked to I see that you made zero effort to challenge my statements. I assume that means you agree with my statements.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

The first article is from the fake astronomers from Spain that are claiming a remote supernova remnant is close to our solar system when it can be determined to be tens of thousands of light years away.

In the second article it claims that Harrington was looking for Planet X with an 8 inch scope. I own an 8inch scope as do hundreds of thousands of others.

Everyone knows that Harrington was searching for Planet X. We know why he was searching and we also know why he and many others were misled by an incorrect mass of Neptune. Harrington was one of the last working on the search for Planet X.

Today we know that there can be no planet sized mass within 70AU.

There might be a planet sized object really far away. If it exists, then it will never come close to the inner part of the solar system where the known planets orbit.

Yeah...........this is why your naysayer buddy ought not ask for any amateur takes on the situation.

Look what we're doing to our own president!?!

So you think an amateur astronomer stands a chance?
But when you naysayers are out of ammunition, you ask for a set-up like your fellow-believer just did.

Been there, done that and bought the tee-shirt!

Has anyone pointed out just how rude you are? You sound just like some of my grandchildren
"Okay, we're done here, buh-bye!"

I'm not a naysayer (except when it comes to Planet BooBoo), I do debunk, but I also would like to believe in things too.

Again, tens of millions of amateur astronomers out there: you can't keep them all quiet. If there was something to see, it would have been seen by now.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

Why does an HMO have to be detected by our known scientific methods? I seen recently that E=MC2 is not quite right when scientists accelerated a particle beyond light speed! Our science, as we know it is not right!

No one has moved a particle beyond light speed except in the case where the particle was not in a vacuum.

So you are wrong - again!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
@ ALL 2012 Belivers ...

- Many things fly around in the cosmos, in our solar system, even near earth..
- 2012 is a date made by more modern humans, not this Mayan culture which we know sh!t all about..
- The universe and all its galaxies do not revolve around Earth, nor their homeo-sapien inhabitants and thier made up "time line" .. time is an illusion, only Earthlings measure time (and i mean only humans, not every other creature apart of this world)
- 2012 = fear factor, put into MSM from what we would call "elites" ..

its all non sense, and you can belive all you want, its not gonna change anything. You arent Mayan, you dont know their culture, you cant measure something that doesnt exist ("Time") therfore you are beliving and concerning something that doesnt exist, you do not know the outcome of the universe and its grand plans... so why do you stress and worry about these things each day ? Go live your life, and stop trying to be right and predict things that dont exist. Your wasting your precious life time my friends..

~ Love is an art ..
edit on 21-3-2012 by LoveisanArt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Dude.

Does it not occur to you that the more you have to bend scientific endeavor, the more you have to stretch common sense, the more you have to ignore what's right in front of you (or rather, what ISN'T right in front of you), in order to make room for this thing of yours to exist....

....maybe that should be a clue that you're on the wrong track?!

This is nothing but a special pleading. "Maybe it exists but it's just this super special object that doesn't have to play by the rules, even though everything else known in the universe does".

Listen, guys. Please quit pointing at science and saying "But science isn't perfect so maybe this thing does exist but science is just too stupid to find it".

That's bad logic. Period.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

It is completely obvious to most here what the motivation is of someone to dog a thread for THIRTY+ pages on something they are not interested in!

Citation please: when did scientist accelerate a particle past the speed of light? CERN has only been able to accelerate particles very close to the speed of light.

And I'm afraid that E=MC^2 does work just fine. If it didn't, nuclear weapons would not work, and nuclear power plants would not generate electricity, nor would our sun work.
edit on 21-3-2012 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

reply to post by ajay59

No one has moved a particle beyond light speed except in the case where the particle was not in a vacuum.

So you are wrong - again!

So you are admitting that a particle has been accelerated beyond the speed of light!

Quote:' EXCEPT IN THE CASE" and I rest mine!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Dude.

Does it not occur to you that the more you have to bend scientific endeavor, the more you have to stretch common sense, the more you have to ignore what's right in front of you (or rather, what ISN'T right in front of you), in order to make room for this thing of yours to exist....

This is nothing but a special pleading. "Maybe it exists but it's just this super special object that doesn't have to play by the rules, even though everything else known in the universe does".

Listen, guys. Please quit pointing at science and saying "But science isn't perfect so maybe this thing does exist but science is just too stupid to find it".

You're not making any sense - at all! Again!

Now you want to invoke something supernatural or magical or possibly inane to cover up for the fact that this massive object claim is a total failure.

This thread is going from nonsensical to idiotic.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Are you saying that this thought experiment is not appropriate to the content of this thread which should be about a heavy mass object?

No, the thought experiments were meant for JonU2 to demonstrate that there's really no need to believe in something that has no evidence to support it just because someone said it existed.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

There are those promoting hoax such as yourself and there are people pointing out the glaring fallacies in the hoax you are promoting.

So if its something unknown does that automatically qualify as a hoax? When I think of a hoax I think of something that falls in the lines of a joke. You can call it a hoax all you want, but if there is something unknown beyond here then maybe we shouldn't dismiss the issue quite yet...

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Now you want to invoke something supernatural or magical or possibly inane to cover up for the fact that this massive object claim is a total failure.

Can I assume you quoted the wrong poster here?!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Dude.

Then why don't you give up on trying to sway those who believe in possibilities?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

You are promoting a hoax.

I posted a video of interest and I expounded my own personal beliefs.

You've gone well beyond that. You are promoting a hoax.
1. The video maker is a well known hoaxer that has promoted many hoaxes. That's well known.
2. Nibiru is not possible. You've been in many threads where you were told that the word Nibiru is not Sumerian.
3. You promote the South Pole baloney - you've been shown countless times that is false

I could post more, but it is clear that you are promoting a hoax.

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join