It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heavy Mass Object In-Coming?

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

The first article is from the fake astronomers from Spain that are claiming a remote supernova remnant is close to our solar system when it can be determined to be tens of thousands of light years away.

In the second article it claims that Harrington was looking for Planet X with an 8 inch scope. I own an 8inch scope as do hundreds of thousands of others.

Everyone knows that Harrington was searching for Planet X. We know why he was searching and we also know why he and many others were misled by an incorrect mass of Neptune. Harrington was one of the last working on the search for Planet X.

Today we know that there can be no planet sized mass within 70AU.

There might be a planet sized object really far away. If it exists, then it will never come close to the inner part of the solar system where the known planets orbit.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by JonU2

You are being quite nice in your description of a known hoaxer. It's not that he has been in error, but rather that he posts hoaxes.

Human history is not being discounted. What is being discounted is the corruption of those writings. It has nothing to do with your claim of "not fitting in."

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Ilyich

Actually you're not far off the mark. The word nibiru doesn't appear in the Sumerian language. The first time is is used is by the Akkadians. In this case it refers to a crossing, like at a river. The Babylonians were the next to use it. For them it meant the highest point of the ecliptic. If a planet was in this position the term would also refer to that planet. The most common example we have of this is with Jupiter.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by JonU2
Hmm, human evidence? So, you're stating that because we can't see something it cannot be there? You're saying that the human race is so advanced that we must be able to detect everything? Again, I call that arrogance..........

No, I'm saying there's absolutely no reason to believe something exists without any evidence that it does exist.

We'll try another thought experiment. There's an 8 headed creature called a Gorgax on the planet Diome thousands of light years away. It likes eating Cheerios and sees through eyes set into its hands.

Even though there's absolutely no evidence for this creature (or even this planet, but that's rather gratuitous at this point), are you really going to NOT believe in the Gorgax? Why? Just because you can't SEE it?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Did we died tonight?
I guess if a planet or rock or chunk of Borg debris is gonna hit the earth, I will get my childhood blanket as I was always safe under there.
Realistically though if something hit the Earth, what could you do?
Well, other than cracking a beer and enjoying the short show.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
This thread reminds me of the rouge wave story. A lot of sailors for many years have reported giant waves that would come out of no where during a storm and would swallow ships whole, I'm talking huge ships! Of course these waves were reported and all were laughed at and so on...it was this way for many years. Then some scientist decided to do some experiments and these waves were created during the experiment. Now these scientist tell everyone that the waves do exist and are extremely dangerous. Point being is we will never know about something
that would destroy this planet unless we are told ahead of time by the Government or we experience it first hand, like the sailors.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by camus154

I would not believe in this gorgax. I do not say its existence is impossible.

With all of the more interesting things at hand to believe in I certainly do not have to consider this gorgax.

The existence of an unknown teapot is not of interest here. I specifically point out the existence of planet sized objects. Were this teapot planet sized, then it could be detected.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
www.google.com... ot.com%2F2010%2F05%2Fwhy-dont-more-astronomers-report-seeing.html&ei=-WlqT4uCNaqqsQKZ882NBg&usg=AFQjCNGxg5RdNYJOJBZOQOzxiyoGmu2w2Q

Digital glitch, just what I thought!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by caf1550

Originally posted by camus154

Secondly though, I have noticed through reading the first 5 pages that the only reasons against this supposed large planetary body within our solar system are based on the human sciences and of disdain for the person who has, repeatedly, put this theory forward.

Well, and that little bit about there being absolutely no evidence whatsoever for such a body.

Tell you what. I have a great secret to share with you.

Right now, floating around the sun, is a tiny little teapot. Now, it's too small to be seen through any telescope, but nonetheless, you have my word it's orbiting the sun right this moment.

Do you believe me?
edit on 21-3-2012 by camus154 because: (no reason given)

Hmm, human evidence? So, you're stating that because we can't see something it cannot be there? You're saying that the human race is so advanced that we must be able to detect everything? Again, I call that arrogance..........

you say thats it arrogance to say that we can detect some things and not others.

Well the things that we supposidly havent been able to find are either a Brown Dwarf star in our solar system or a Planet 4x the mass of Jupiter.

Now why is it that we can detect these light years away from us but not in our own backyard?

Its because the one proposed doesn't exist.

In any of my posts have I said that I knew the answers?
From the reading of human history that I've done, the only sure thing I can say is that "Humans are arrogant".

Humans have decided what the laws of science are and human beings have discarded any evidence to the contrary in order to put these laws into fact.

The phrase 'conspiracy theorist' and, for example, 'ufo nut' have been pushed by the controlling media machine to give the general populas somewhere to put thoughts that go against the explanations that have been given to them.

Straight away whilst writing this, I knew that readers would automatically think of me as a 'nutjob', 'nutcase', or 'wingnut' or whatever else is the phrase of the day.

The point is, it's been a clever exercise by the ruling elite to totally control the media. That has controlled a percentage of peoples minds into believing that i'm a 'nutjob' for believing things that the government doesn't release......

So I ask everyone, what are your beliefs based on? Why do you believe what you believe?

Did your family or friends tell you stuff? Did your priest or pastor or any other religious leader tell you stuff? Where did they get it from? Did they/you get it from old manuscripts?

How does anyone know the truth?

Scientific research is corrupt - evidence is discarded or ignored because it doesn't fit into present theories...........

Who decides what is taught in schools and why?

Getting back to the point of the OP - please PROVE to me how the initial video from the OP is wrong. Don't just give me lots of words or vitriol or smartass replies..........

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
The existence of an unknown teapot is not of interest here. I specifically point out the existence of planet sized objects. Were this teapot planet sized, then it could be detected.

Uh....ok....that wasn't really the point of the thought experiments, but good to know

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JonU2

the video that the OP posted does not show the evidence of a HMO coming into the solar system.

And I took the question that you posed and what you said about human arrogance and posed a question to you that instead of answering you decided to go on a rant. You want to talk about smartass replys look at your own.

Members have posted plenty of information on here as to way there is n HMO and that Nibiru doesn't infact exist but instead of people realizing this they just keep going.

No ones minds are going to be changed because of a topic on ATS im sorry. Im just trying to show people who actually don't know but might be interested that there is no such object and there is nothing to worry about.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Scientific research is corrupt - evidence is discarded or ignored because it doesn't fit into present theories...........

Just...no, JonU2.

Science may not be perfect, it may be created and advanced by humans who are not perfect, but that doesn't null and void the entire scientific endeavor. Saying science doesn't know it all doesn't allow you to say science doesn't know anything.

Look down at the keyboard you're using right now. Look up at the screen that's showing you these words right now.

Wanna know how you can even talk to me in this manner, separated by the doubtless countless miles between us?

Because of science.

So no. Please don't hide behind the "there is no real truth anyway" cop out.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
My biggest question is; If an HMO were entering our solar system, what would be the motivation of a few certain people (admittedly uninterested) dog a thread for thirty pages on a theory they disbelieve in?

And don't take that hogwash that they are concerned about the mental health of others after the way they belittle any believers!
edit on 21-3-2012 by ajay59 because: to add

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful
reply to post by Human_Alien

Oh give me a break.

Do you know how many amateur astronomers there are out here? literally 10's of millions (and I'm one of them). Many with just simple 3" scopes to those that have tons of money to blow on huge 18" wide scopes, with set ups that some colleges would envy.

Many of us have been watching the night sky for decades, and we would notice if things are out of place....or blocking our view for that mater.

You REALLY expect us to believe that the government would be able to keep something like this quite?

You're a very funny person. That or you're very ignorant about astronomy and the community of amateur astronomers.......

Hey, it was your naysayer buddy who asked about amateur astronomers.
Do you think I offered up the slaughtering?

Puh-lease.

Try connecting the current posts to the latter posts, 'k?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ajay59
My biggest question is; If an HMO were entering our solar system, what would be the motivation of a few certain people (admittedly uninterested) dog a thread for thirty pages on a theory they disbelieve in?

One has to wonder, no?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

Isnt ATS about denying ignorance?

Isnt that what a discussion board is for, to discuss, even though we don't not agree with it we can still weigh in on the subject?

There are people who are neither for nor against the thread maybe we can sway there opinion on it in one direction or the other.

Why does it matter, people have there own opinions

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

In any of my posts have I said that I knew the answers?
From the reading of human history that I've done, the only sure thing I can say is that "Humans are arrogant".

Humans have decided what the laws of science are and human beings have discarded any evidence to the contrary in order to put these laws into fact.

The phrase 'conspiracy theorist' and, for example, 'ufo nut' have been pushed by the controlling media machine to give the general populas somewhere to put thoughts that go against the explanations that have been given to them.

Straight away whilst writing this, I knew that readers would automatically think of me as a 'nutjob', 'nutcase', or 'wingnut' or whatever else is the phrase of the day.

The point is, it's been a clever exercise by the ruling elite to totally control the media. That has controlled a percentage of peoples minds into believing that i'm a 'nutjob' for believing things that the government doesn't release......

So I ask everyone, what are your beliefs based on? Why do you believe what you believe?

Did your family or friends tell you stuff? Did your priest or pastor or any other religious leader tell you stuff? Where did they get it from? Did they/you get it from old manuscripts?

Getting back to the point of the OP - please PROVE to me how the initial video from the OP is wrong. Don't just give me lots of words or vitriol or smartass replies..........

Right on brother (or sister) totally.........................right on

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by caf1550

Yeah ATS is about "Denying Ignorance" and America is about "Pledging your allegiance".
What's your point?

You're happy that you understand and obey quotes and mottoes?

Step to the head of the flock...because you are indeed a special Sheeple!!!!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by caf1550
reply to post by ajay59

Isnt ATS about denying ignorance?

Isnt that what a discussion board is for, to discuss, even though we don't not agree with it we can still weigh in on the subject?

There are people who are neither for nor against the thread maybe we can sway there opinion on it in one direction or the other.

Why does it matter, people have there own opinions

Sway is the key motivation in my opinion, but for who?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by JonU2

That's really humorous. Take a basic intro to science to find out how science really works.

Scientific research is corrupt - evidence is discarded or ignored because it doesn't fit into present theories

Thanks for demonstrating quite well that you do not understand science or how it works at all.

Getting back to the point of the OP - please PROVE to me how the initial video from the OP is wrong. Don't just give me lots of words or vitriol or smartass replies

As I stated in this thread I do not waste my time watching videos. Can you explain what is in the video or telling me what you think is so important?

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join