It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heavy Mass Object In-Coming?

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

What about amateur astronomers huh and they connected to the government also. Like someone already said im sure there are a few people on ATS who have the ablitly to see some amazing things with telescopes, why havent they found this object?

The theory is baseless now and everything that has been said to be a pro for your theory has been debunked.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by DelMarvel

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Well here's the thing with the Mayan's and the Sumerians.
We, lay-people have to rely on others to decode, decipher and interpret their language (and calendars) for us.

All we can agree on is their calendar stops. On the winter solstice. Of the year 2012.

And there actually is no agreement on that.

There is a Mayan/Canadian indigenous person who has been active on another site who makes a very cogent case that the calendar actually ended in the 1980s.

Is that right?
Would you happen to have a link to those threads or posts?

It's GLP. What's the ATS policy on posting links to that site? I know that they ban anyone posting an ATS link.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Dwarf Planet Formerly Known As Xena Officially Named 'Eris'

www.sciencedaily.com...

come buddy it was that easy to find.

"She's quite a fun goddess, really," Brown adds. "And, for the Xena fans out there who are sad to see the name go, Eris appeared in her Latin version of Discordia as a recurring character on Xena: Warrior Princess."

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DelMarvel

At the very worst all ATS does is block the link. I can't remember if they do that with GLP links though. So certainly go ahead and try. You won't suffer any repercussions.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by caf1550
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

What about amateur astronomers huh and they connected to the government also.

Will never be good enough! You'll tear a part the publication, the site, the article, their telescopes, their observation, their photo, their family, their friends and the car they drive! So stop asking for someone to be your patsy!

You understand (because its very clear to us that) your "Truth" has to come by way of The Establishment in order for it to be accepted and true, right? That means, government (NASA)....schools, main stream media and all text books hold all your answers.

We get it

(so sad)

So asking for amateur astronomer is like asking someone to step up to the guillotine so you can lower the blade! You may be nuts but they're not crazy!

But seeing I'm already crucified, let me play your game:

............We have our Brown Dwarf, interacting with Pluto and Bombardeando asteroids of Oort against Pluto and Jupiter.
2012poleshift.wetpaint.com...

Planet X and the Mysterious Death of Dr. Robert Harrington
Dr. Robert S. Harrington, the chief astronomer of the U.S. Naval Observatory, died before he could publicize the fact that Planet X is approaching our Solar System.
yowusa.com...

Go at it.................
edit on 21-3-2012 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Firstly, I have to say that I am very far from an expert on this subject or, indeed, very knowledgable on it.

Secondly though, I have noticed through reading the first 5 pages that the only reasons against this supposed large planetary body within our solar system are based on the human sciences and of disdain for the person who has, repeatedly, put this theory forward.

So, in what I've read, the naysayers are confident that human science is infallible and that this person's theory cannot be right because he hasn't been exact before......

Seems a little like arrogance to me (i.e. human science is based on what we know now and not what happened 3,600 years ago and, as I have read, historical events are discounted from theories quite regularly because they are seen to be an annoyance if they 'don't fit in'. Also, if a person's opinion is discounted because he wasn't 100% correct before then how many people can we believe?)

I'd still like to know why the information brought forward by the OP has not been debunked - the changing of the magnetospheres signature and it's covering up by NASA?

Apologies if this has been addressed after page 5 but I need to go to work............

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
To sweeten the pot, here's an ameture blog/website that points out the problems with a planet such as the fabled Planet X's existence, he also talks about Nibiru, Nemesis, and Tyche...complete with a domain that spells out exactly what 2012 is:

www.2012hoax.org...

Observations of the orbits of Uranus and Neptune suggested the possibility of another object beyond Neptune and a world-wide search for "Planet X" culminated in 1930 with the discovery of Pluto by Clyde Tombaugh. Pluto was later determined to not be massive enough to account for the discrepancies, and years later Robert Harrington of the U.S. Naval Observatory collaborated with T.C. Van Flandern in a search for an additional "Planet X"1. On August 25, 1989 the spacecraft Voyager 2 flew by Neptune, and made measurements which more precisely estimated Neptune's mass, and as a result, the 'discrepancies' in Neptune's orbit disappeared. Harrington became very critical of the "Planet X" idea after that point.

And in regards to Harrington via the same page...

It is frequently claimed that Robert Harrington was killed off by the government because he actually discovered Planet X. However, Harrington actually died from esophageal cancer in 1932.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by JonU2
Secondly though, I have noticed through reading the first 5 pages that the only reasons against this supposed large planetary body within our solar system are based on the human sciences and of disdain for the person who has, repeatedly, put this theory forward.

Well, and that little bit about there being absolutely no evidence whatsoever for such a body.

Tell you what. I have a great secret to share with you.

Right now, floating around the sun, is a tiny little teapot. Now, it's too small to be seen through any telescope, but nonetheless, you have my word it's orbiting the sun right this moment.

Do you believe me?
edit on 21-3-2012 by camus154 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mclinking

I was talking about what happened in 1590BC, a worldwide catastrophe. That was Velikovsky's explanation and he was at least one person to have addressed the issue. What is yours? I know : denial.
We know that Venus WAS a comet : any decent astronomer knows that. So much for what YOU know!
I don't know why you come here to show of your ignorance. It's not very entertaining, just a crashing bore.

There was no such disaster. Can you provide any evidence for this?

Please provide one decent astronomer that says Venus is a comet.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Toolman329

The stone calendar often shown is actually Aztec. They did not use the long count calendar.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Well the thing is there has never been any picture of you suppose object from an amateur astronomer. If there was I would actually probably be entitled to believe it.

The thing all the pictures of your supposed object are very easily debunked, like the ones taken from the SPT which in fact doesn't take pictures since it is a radio telescope.

It was pretty easy to disprove your story about Xena, since it was renamed Eris.

astrobiology.nasa.gov...

You appear to have fallen for a hoax. The story about a group of Spanish astronomers discovering something twice the size of Jupiter in the solar system just beyond Pluto is pure fiction, without any core of truth. If there were any such object, astronomers would have discovered it decades ago in both infrared and visible sky surveys. Astronomers do discover planetary objects in the outer solar system (such as Eris, Sedna, and Quaoar), but these are as small or smaller than Pluto, and none are on orbits that bring them into the inner solar system

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by camus154

Well, and that little bit about there being absolutely no evidence whatsoever for such a body.

Right now, floating around the sun, is a tiny little teapot. Now, it's too small to be seen through any telescope, but nonetheless, you have my word it's orbiting the sun right this moment.

Do you believe me?

Hmm, human evidence? So, you're stating that because we can't see something it cannot be there? You're saying that the human race is so advanced that we must be able to detect everything? Again, I call that arrogance..........

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Has anyone ever thought of the possibility that perhaps Jupiter is the binary star in our system ? It has an extreme magneto sphere and gives off immense amounts of radiation ? Perhaps Jupiter itself is the professed " Nemesis " or Nibiru ? ha ha, sounds ludicrous doesn't it? But if this bull# can be true why can't my wild eyed theory hold any resonance with you lot? It could be a brown dwarf, hyuck hyuck !
edit on 3/21/2012 by Ilyich because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by JonU2

Thing is if we can detect exo-planets and brown dwarfs outside of our solar system, why is it so hard for us to detect them right in our backyard?

Does that make sense to you

link   
reply to post by caf1550

Got it! Thanks for setting me straight

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
So much for unbiased information from the amateur astronomical world. Every where I look it seems that government agencies are the top cog when it comes to reporting observations to the world. Here's just one link abcnews.go.com...

NASA in highlighted letters!

Kid tested, NASA approved!

edit on 21-3-2012 by ajay59 because: to add

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Oh give me a break.

Do you know how many amateur astronomers there are out here? literally 10's of millions (and I'm one of them). Many with just simple 3" scopes to those that have tons of money to blow on huge 18" wide scopes, with set ups that some colleges would envy.

Many of us have been watching the night sky for decades, and we would notice if things are out of place....or blocking our view for that mater.

You REALLY expect us to believe that the government would be able to keep something like this quite?

You're a very funny person. That or you're very ignorant about astronomy and the community of amateur astronomers.......

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by caf1550
reply to post by JonU2

Thing is if we can detect exo-planets and brown dwarfs outside of our solar system, why is it so hard for us to detect them right in our backyard?

Does that make sense to you

uh yes, thanks, so we detect some things and not others.............does that make sense to you?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
From what I have deduced, if you don't go through the proper channels, nobody hears you without the urge to call you a nut.
www.google.com... rum.blogspot.com%2F2010%2F05%2Fwhy-dont-more-astronomers-report-seeing.html&ei=-WlqT4uCNaqqsQKZ882NBg&usg=AFQjCNGxg5RdNYJOJBZOQOzxiyoGmu2w2Q

This line speaks for itself.
edit on 21-3-2012 by ajay59 because: to add

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by camus154

Do you believe me?

Hmm, human evidence? So, you're stating that because we can't see something it cannot be there? You're saying that the human race is so advanced that we must be able to detect everything? Again, I call that arrogance..........

you say thats it arrogance to say that we can detect some things and not others.

Well the things that we supposidly havent been able to find are either a Brown Dwarf star in our solar system or a Planet 4x the mass of Jupiter.

Now why is it that we can detect these light years away from us but not in our own backyard?

Its because the one proposed doesn't exist.

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join