It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heavy Mass Object In-Coming?

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by haven123

I dont have sound on the computer I am on right now.

When was this recorded?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by PageAlaCearl

that's why it is PLANET (X) X - meaning unknown

So what your really trying saying is. Since the meaning is unknown then we can call it whatever we like, basically the name is up for grabs. So if someone wants to call it "Nibiru" then they can call it that if they wanted too correct? Because after all it is unknown...
edit on 21-3-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

I am not a religeous person but i have been doing some research on Nibiru... the odd thing is there are so many referrences and finds like tablets out there you cant help but wonder. I
came across this one religeous site claiming end of days so i took a read. check it out one comparison see my comments in brackets, attempting to put 2 and 2 together.

Rev 12:1 ¶ And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun (Appears to refer to an eclipse of sorts), and the moon under her feet (12 Noon or midnight cant be sure), and upon her head a crown of twelve stars: (Alignment)

Rev 12:2 And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.
(sounds vibrations heard last year and word is that it is linked to a rapid polar shift. another referrence to pole shift would be Isaiah 24 V 18 And it shall come to pass, [that] he who flees from the noise of the fear shall fall into the pit; and he that cometh up out of the midst of the pit shall be taken in the snare: for the windows from on high are open (Diluge / floods or whatever other disaster), and the foundations of the earth do shake. there are more of this throughout Isaiah 24)

Rev 12:3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.(Nibiru, red tail and moons / planets)

This is just one comparison, in most of the world and in most older cultures and campfire stories make referrence to something coming in the skies causing problems as for exactly when hard to say but i am a firm believer that something will come eventually. It does however make for an interesting research topic and to kill some time. so do some looking around.
--

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mclinking

What if Velikovsky was right

Velikovsky was shown to be wrong in the 1950s and everything continues to show how wrong he was.

For example, the atmosphere of Venus and Jupiter are completely different.

As said before, but denied by knowalls on this thread, we do NOT know everything, witnessed by science finding out something undiscovered EVERY DAY.

We know a lot. We don't have to know everything to know a lot.

We know that Velikovsky is wrong.
We know Venus is not a comet.
We know that there is no unknown planet sized mass in the solar system.
We know that a planet cannot have a stable orbit if it is highly eccentric.

We have trouble predicting solar behavior as evidenced by the need to adjust the predictions for the current solar cycle. That does not mean that other information is unknown.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by reddwhite

So 2/3 are multi star systems, odds are, Sol is not alone in this system either.

Obviously any companion cannot be radiating in the visible portion of the spectrum. If it were it would have been discovered a long time ago. It is very unlikely to have a brown dwarf companion to the Sun. Check your odds on that.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS
reply to post by PageAlaCearl

that's why it is PLANET (X) X - meaning unknown

So what your really trying saying is. Since the meaning is unknown then we can call it whatever we like, basically the name is up for grabs. So if someone wants to call it "Niburu" then they can call it that if they wanted too correct? Because after all it is unknown...

You can call it whatever you what for all I care, you asked what X meant in Planet X so I tried to answer your question as to what it means in this setting.

link   

Originally posted by iLikeThis
This is just one comparison, in most of the world and in most older cultures and campfire stories make referrence to something coming in the skies causing problems as for exactly when hard to say but i am a firm believer that something will come eventually. It does however make for an interesting research topic and to kill some time. so do some looking around.
--

Some good points. I think this speaks more to archetypes that are surprisingly common throughout human history than anything else.

And it makes sense, too. In ancient times the heavens were a mysterious and often frightful backdrop where the constellations, planets, and other odd assortments of characters played out their endless dramas night after night. Who wouldn't be scared of the passing comet or meteor?

link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

This made me think about something. Does the "X" after Planet mean the tenth, or something crossing? What if it meant both?

X means unknown. The search was dropped after 1989 when it was discovered that the evidence suggesting a possible unknown planet was due to a mistake in the mass of Neptune.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

It's the same concept as the name "X Factor" or "X Plane" to mean unknown or experiment, respectively. Ever heard the term in mathematics to "find X", the concept is the same here. Thus you have the name Planet "X".

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

This heavy mass object turned into Nibiru. Not my intent at all but if that's the flow...........oh well!

That's saying that this is a hoax. Nibiru is a hoax and so is this claim of a heavy mass.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

The term Planet X was created in the early 20th century by Percival Lowell. It was used to explain perturbations in the orbits of the gas giants. In this case X does not stand for ten as Pluto hadn't been discovered even by the time of Lowell's death. It also doesn't stand for crossing as Planet X was never hypothesized to enter the orbits of the known planets. The term Planet X is merely a place holder for the name of a hypothesized planet. However the term itself has certain connotations with it. These being that Planet X was the cause for the perturbations in the orbits of the gas giants. When Voyager 2 did a flyby of Neptune these perturbations were explained away and the need for Planet X disappeared.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

Velikovsky was shown to be wrong in the 1950s and everything continues to show how wrong he was.

As said before, but denied by knowalls on this thread, we do NOT know everything, witnessed by science finding out something undiscovered EVERY DAY.

We have trouble predicting solar behavior as evidenced by the need to adjust the predictions for the current solar cycle. That does not mean that other information is unknown.

I was talking about what happened in 1590BC, a worldwide catastrophe. That was Velikovsky's explanation and he was at least one person to have addressed the issue. What is yours? I know : denial.
We know that Venus WAS a comet : any decent astronomer knows that. So much for what YOU know!
I don't know why you come here to show of your ignorance. It's not very entertaining, just a crashing bore.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

So now "decent astronomers" are those that buy into Velikovsky's crackpot theories? Venus bears no similarity to a comet whatsoever and any true decent astronomer would be able to recognize this right away. And if some worldwide catastrophe occurred in 1590 BC why did no one inform the Chinese? As I stated earlier in this thread the Chinese have a recorded history going back 4,000 years and they don't mention any Nibiru-esque planets, no global floods, and no worldwide catastrophes.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
He's got my attention. Coincidence happen and I suppose it possible it was a good guess. What else does he say? What's next?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus

Remind me again what the Mayans predicted?

My understanding was that there was no prophecy, as most Mayan literature was destroyed by the Spanish. The calendar ends, but all the "prophecy" came from modern people, not the Mayans themselves, correct?

I believe even modern day descendants of the Maya would tell you they aren't aware of any 'end of the world' prophecies.
edit on 20-3-2012 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

From what I understand at the end of their calender the kabob god (can't remember his name, I think it starts with b but not too sure and it sounds like kabob) returns for like 9 days and does something, then leaves.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Claims and counter claims based on trying to put words into what your inner self feels. Dont try to use words to describe what you know is coming our way. We all know it, its in us like an alarm clock waiting to go off.

Look around you, not at the changes that are taking place here on earth, but at the beauty and colour. Smell things, walk barefoot through grass and be close to those you care about.

What is about to happen to us is meant to be and you dont need to spend time and emotion trying to convince others. Because they know its coming just like we do.... Call it awakening if you choose but whatever its called you dont need a thread here on ATS to debate, re-inforce or confirm your argument or feelings.

respects to you all and especially to you H/A

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Had to star that Captiva.

You said it in a way I couldn't without getting too wordy and just simply ignored.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

Actually, I think the Mayans just ran out of writing-space on their calendar. Why would God tell them when the world is ending? They weren't prophets - they practiced Human Sacrifice. Besides, if you believe Nostradamus, his "predictions" reach into the year 3797 0r 3937 or some such number. As for Nostradamus, I believe all he was doing was writing poetry or trying to compile notes for an upcoming novel. If there WAS some kind of HMO out there, either one of two scenarios will occur : 1. NASA, et al, will bomb it into smithereens. 2. It will miss us completely anyway, eliminating the need for Human intervention. If still in doubt, read Isaiah 45 : 18

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
So a little logic. You are a Mayan and you have learned enough to create a calendar you work in to stone. You realize you can make this calendar a couple thousand years in advance. Do you really need to make a ten-thousand year calendar? No you stop at a point that you think is reasonable and logical. You then go out and behead a neighbor, pull out some poor mud hut dwellers heart, get a good nights sleep, and call it a day. You doomers are such babies..

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mclinking

Originally posted by stereologist

I was talking about what happened in 1590BC, a worldwide catastrophe. That was Velikovsky's explanation and he was at least one person to have addressed the issue. What is yours? I know : denial.
We know that Venus WAS a comet : any decent astronomer knows that. So much for what YOU know!
I don't know why you come here to show of your ignorance. It's not very entertaining, just a crashing bore.

Venus is NOT and never WAS a comet.

A comet is a SMALL body. Venus is a large rocky planet. It has a stable elliptical orbit about the sun, averaging about 67 million miles from it.

Comets

Venus

Any real astronomer out there would have you tossed out on your ear.

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join