It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heavy Mass Object In-Coming?

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

What, specifically, are the "magnetosphere claims?" If Terral is simply reviving his usual rant, Elenin, I mean Nibiru, is going to cause the Earth's magnetosphere to flip. Short answer: even if it were real, it wouldn't.

It wouldn't? The very first post, which maybe you should go back and look at it again, shows that it did. Now the NASA data is gone missing.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
You would think that that Asteroid that is in a horseshoe shaped orbit with earth would have more influence on our planet than something wandering through. Isn't that around Earth about now or is it turned around already?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickyrrr
An object on an elliptical path does not need to "break" from orbit to come closer to the sun. Comets do it all the time. You're welcome.

In other words, an object on an orbit doesn't need to break its orbit in order to complete its orbit.

Uh, thanks, Captain Obvious.

PS: The orbits of Neptune and Pluto intersect.

While their orbits "intersect", Pluto's orbit is inclined. The closest the two bodies ever get to one another is 2 billion KM.

But hey! Good point

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by TinkerHaus
reply to post by Human_Alien

Remind me again what the Mayans predicted?

My understanding was that there was no prophecy, as most Mayan literature was destroyed by the Spanish. The calendar ends, but all the "prophecy" came from modern people, not the Mayans themselves, correct?

I believe even modern day descendants of the Maya would tell you they aren't aware of any 'end of the world' prophecies.
edit on 20-3-2012 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

Well here's the thing with the Mayan's and the Sumerians.
We, lay-people have to rely on others to decode, decipher and interpret their language (and calendars) for us.

All we can agree on is their calendar stops. On the winter solstice. Of the year 2012.

I personally don't believe a culture, like the Mayans, who were so heavily influenced by the cosmos, just randomly stopped their calendar and went off to have lunch and forgot about it.

I personally feel something major will happen this year.
Might be cosmically. Might be spiritually. Might be economically.
But there's such a chaotic vibration out there, that I personally sense, something big is on the horizon.
Now that's me.
Believe what you will or want. It's still a free world last time I checked although Obama is very busy signing EO lately though so that might be a thing of the past by now.

That's just it... it doesn't just stop. That's where the conspiracy nutcases take over and twist fact.
Their calendar stops because they dealt in "ages" (according to plain and simple astronomy) and the "age" we're in now stops to be replaced by the new "age" "Aquarius"... there's absolutely nothing exciting or mindboggeling about it, but I agree, we humans have a definate need to either see the end or know for sure that we never end, we can't exist in between and that's why we make # up, to make our days seem worth while.

Guess what... you're going to grow to the age of 90-something, then you die, turn to dust and is recycle in this great cosmo to become whatever (not of your choosing), and that's it.

In regards to the mass object... bleh, one is bound to hit Earth at some point, and that as well be not be mind boggeling since Earth's been bombarded by objects a lot of times through out its history. If another one hits, it really doesn't matter if we know or not. Might as well enjoy the ride while it lasts....

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Tomorrow is the 22nd. Shouldnt I see something in the sky by now? A heavy inbound object ? Or is it invisable ?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by camus154

An object on an elliptical path does not need to "break" from orbit to come closer to the sun. Comets do it all the time. You're welcome.

In other words, an object on an orbit doesn't need to break its orbit in order to complete its orbit.

Uh, thanks, Captain Obvious.

PS: The orbits of Neptune and Pluto intersect.

While their orbits "intersect", Pluto's orbit is inclined. The closest the two bodies ever get to one another is 2 billion KM.

But hey! Good point

Sir, here is you comment from the post to which I replied:

If something is in orbit, guess what--it's not going to break orbit to come "close" to the earth, no more than Neptune or Uranus might "break" orbit and suddenly swing into the inner solar system. That's not how orbits work.

You clearly stated that an object in orbit cannot enter the inner solar system, showing a misunderstanding or a neglect of the possibility of elliptical orbits.

What I stated was a response to that.

But now you are pretending that that's not what happened.

-rrr

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

Are you having comprehension problems today?
They aren't saying it's going to flyby on the 22nd. It's just being predicted that the magnetosphere is going to go wacky again because of the way the planetary objects are going to be influencing each other. Maybe another major quake or something.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

You're the OP. You believe something to be true, so you start a thread. You follow the thread to see what happens. It's your baby. I get it.

So you defend your belief with vigor, regardless of what the people posting are saying. Regardless of whether it makes any sense. If it doesn't fit what you believe, you're going to shoot them down.

Why start a discussion if you are not willing to keep an open mind. It's not like this is an opinion thread such as "I like dogs better than cats" or a thread about religion. You're making an assertion of a scientific nature that is extremely debatable as to its veracity.

edit on 21-3-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

My mind is open and my beliefs, in Nibiru, are set to some degree.

The difference between me and the nay-sayers is: I don't begrudge their beliefs. However, they come to my thread and try to defame and insult my character due to my beliefs. Now whose not being fair here?

My beliefs aren't open for discussion on the matter of a 10th planet.
My mind is totally opened to what this possible heavy mass object might be though. I have no idea if it's a planet, a star, an asteroid or a mistake.

Get it? Got it? Good!

And nothing for nothing, I would never go onto someone else's thread, with a topic I don't happen to agree with, and sit on it and slam the OP due to his/her belief. What kind of person does that?
Well, off the top of my head I would say it would be either a rude, insecure or egotistical person who has to feed their own hang up!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Interesting video and information, could it be related to this.....www.abovetopsecret.com...

In regards to hidden info and pole shift connected to a HMO (not the medical plan)

edit on 21-3-2012 by PageAlaCearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

You clearly stated that an object in orbit cannot enter the inner solar system, showing a misunderstanding or a neglect of the possibility of elliptical orbits.

I clearly said no such thing. Context, my friend. The context of my original statement was in response to how people portray this mysterious "large mass object", as though it is hurtling through space heading directly towards the earth. And if it's some large object orbiting the sun from the outer solar system, then no, it would not come hurtling towards the earth.

That was my point.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
MAGNETOSPHERE fed by the sun every 8 minutes

Flux Transfer Events

science.nasa.gov...

Are the FTE still every 8 minutes? (Einstein knew about the 8 minutes but not the FTE source)

AND

The sun reverses/flips its magnetic poles every 11 years (due again in 2012), how does that affect our magnetosphere?

Link about last flip in 2001; science.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by reddwhite

You are correct. I was not specific enough in my opening statement. I apologize because this, to me, is a continuation of discussions in other threads about the same subject. Allow me to specifically state what I meant. There is no relationship between the theoretical object, it's alleged alignments with the Earth and Earthquakes. As stated before, if there were such an object that was causing Earthquakes, these "gravity induced mega-quakes" would increase logarithmically in magnitude and frequency as the object got closer to the Earth.

-saige-
edit on 21-3-2012 by saige45 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I clearly said no such thing. Context, my friend. The context of my original statement was in response to how people portray this mysterious "large mass object", as though it is hurtling through space heading directly towards the earth. And if it's some large object orbiting the sun from the outer solar system, then no, it would not come hurtling towards the earth.

That was my point.

Oh, sure, if you assume a priori that it is in a path that does not intersect earth, then ipso facto it won't.

Have a good day.

-rrr

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Oh, sure, if you assume a priori that it is in a path that does not intersect earth, then ipso facto it won't.

Have a good day.

-rrr

Well why would you assume otherwise? That's kind of.....the point.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
And, if you want to 'stretch' your imagination even further....just consider what the Mayans and other ancient cultures prophesied. I'm just sayin'...............

Huh?

I think someone ought to make a thread that's a spoof on these types of threads, and call it "the sky IS falling..?" or something like that.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
You would think that that Asteroid that is in a horseshoe shaped orbit with earth would have more influence on our planet than something wandering through. Isn't that around Earth about now or is it turned around already?

I know what you're saying and I'm on your side but after all, isn't that very subjective?

".. have more influence" than what?

We have birds falling out of the sky, other birds kamikazin' head first into Walmart parking lots......millions of species of ocean life dead....booms, rumbles and noises of no apparent point of origin.....super hot weather.....Sun going through major convulsions......what looks to be, heavy aerosol spraying in the skies.....earthquakes that wipe out more people than some places have in totality and........a lot of attention to the New Madrid fault line all of a sudden (with drills and all).

So, more influence? I don't know about you but I kinda get the hint!

Thanks for your post

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mrnotobc

It wouldn't? The very first post, which maybe you should go back and look at it again, shows that it did. Now the NASA data is gone missing.

Either that, or the data never existed and Terral "ELEin=Extinction Level Event Nibiru is Near" Croft is making stuff up again. Terral Croft is a congenital liar who has betrayed everyone who has ever trusted him.

Is there enough smoke here that you can admit there might be a fire?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I believe even modern day descendants of the Maya would tell you they aren't aware of any 'end of the world' prophecies.

You're correct. In fact, a little over a year ago, I was at the ruins of Telum, and such a modern day descendant explained that it is just the end of a cycle. I believe it was something like each 9 years was one group, and that 9 groups made up a cycle, etc. It's all based on the Tree of Life in their mythos, etc.

Nothing about the end of the world. His feeling on it was that you can only fit so much calendar on a wall, so they simply did up to the next few cycles...

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Omgk, wtfbbq.

This guy didn't 'predict' anything. He either followed the 188, or someone else did and he's following them.

So you bite the hook anyway, and, as usual, the lemmings hop into line, stars in hand (and eyes). The only stars you'd get from me are chinese.

I wasn't on ATS last year, but I would KILL to see you clowns on the elenin train.

This is worse than glp, sometimes.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Have a good day.

-rrr

Well why would you assume otherwise? That's kind of.....the point.

I suppose if your intention was to make a circular statement, then it would be.

Anybody who has spent 5 minutes on google reading about the possibility of Nibiru / planet x , what have you would know from the first link or two that the orbit hypothesized is elliptical. I recommend you have a look.

-rrr

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join